JSeahawks: Recruiting rumors?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":bnp52t32 said:
Hawkfan77":bnp52t32 said:
They're visiting Washington next weekend, I thought this was pretty common knowledge. Their HS coach even confirmed.

I honestly don't care what one tweeted a month ago. Recruiting is a crazy business. Heck Jordan Payton committed to UW on ESPN last year the night before LOI day only to sign with UCLA the very next morning. Kids change their minds.

Ya know, you mgiht be right, i just did see a tweet about it. Recruitings crazy. I'd be pretty damn shocked if they ended up at Washignton though.
Oh I definitely agree, I would be beyond shocked if they committed to UW, it's pretty much a lock that they are ducks. But CP was saying that they weren't talking to UW and Husky fans were making "crap" up. I just posted that to show that they are in fact talking to UW.

The most unpredictable always happens in recruiting, but ya, these kids are ducks.

I'm just holding out hope (very, very little) that Uw can somehow at least convince Tyner to just take a visit... :D Don't think that's happen either though ha

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3nv2nkkk said:
Dont know who Gerard Martinez is but he's the one reporting it.

gmartlive Gerard Martinez
Hearing Tyree and Tyrell Robinson will probably officially visit #Washington this weekend. Trying to confirm.
I think I originally read it off of Condotta's blog. That's probably where he got it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":fw7tzpei said:
The most unpredictable always happens in recruiting, but ya, these kids are ducks.

I'm just holding out hope (very, very little) that Uw can somehow at least convince Tyner to just take a visit... :D Don't think that's happen either though ha

Its what makes recruiting entertaining and fun. In comparison recruiting high school athletes makes the NFL draft look like an exact science. I've seen dozens of 5*'s who everybody thought would be dominant go to college and then never sniff the field. I've seen 2*'s who were after thoughts become dominant. (Max Unger was a 2 star recruit when he came to Oregon, now he's first team all pro).

Thats why I wont lose any sleep if Oregon loses any commits and I wont jump for joy and go all crazy if they flip some from other schools. Its just a fun, entertaining roller coaster ride and nobody will know how it turned out until 4 years down the line. LaMichael James was a 3 star without very high expectations and Kenjon Barner was a 3 star cornerback. ya just never know.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":38en0gsc said:
Hawkfan77":38en0gsc said:
They're visiting Washington next weekend, I thought this was pretty common knowledge. Their HS coach even confirmed.

I honestly don't care what one tweeted a month ago. Recruiting is a crazy business. Heck Jordan Payton committed to UW on ESPN last year the night before LOI day only to sign with UCLA the very next morning. Kids change their minds.

Ya know, you mgiht be right, i just did see a tweet about it. Recruitings crazy. I'd be pretty damn shocked if they ended up at Washignton though. And wont lose sleep about it. I'd be fine if we had a one man class and that man was Thomas Tyner.

Hearing Tyree and Tyrell Robinson will probably officially visit #Washington this weekend. Trying to confirm.

It's extremely unlikely that they end up at UW, but they're at least taking a look, and that's all down to Tuiasasopo who was in their living room mid-week. CPHawk clearly doesn't know what the f he is talking about.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2sfxekqc said:
Other guys we are definitely in the mix for are Eddie Vanderdoes and Reuben Foster

If i'm UW's staff and I feel like i have any chance in the world at Eddie Vanderdoes I drop all other projects i'm working on and go 100% after him. That kid is going to be Ndomakong Suh good. He's an absolute bull.

It looked like Oregon was in it for him early, as he's good buddies with Arik Armstead, but I dont think we're in the conversation anymore. I think he probably ends up recommitting to USC when all is said and done.

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
MLOhawks":9ulszj4g said:
I can dream, but it would be awesome if Sark can manage to lure Reuben Foster out of the south.

He's made several comments about wanting to do 'what's best' for his girlfriend and daughter, and I can't imagine moving all the way across the country will fit that. Frankly, I'm pretty impressed that he's as interested as he is.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Kind of off topic but Jim Mora is killing it in recruiting down at UCLA. 2 more big time commits today, and rumors that this might be the end destination for Eddie Vanderdoes. They'll probably have a top 10 recruiting class when all is said and done.

Sometimes I wish UO was in Los Angeles. Sure would make recruiting a heck of a lot easier then trying to recruit to Eugene.

CPHawk

Reaction score
drrew":1xsp8zpk said:
JSeahawks":1xsp8zpk said:
Hawkfan77":1xsp8zpk said:

Ya know, you mgiht be right, i just did see a tweet about it. Recruitings crazy. I'd be pretty damn shocked if they ended up at Washignton though. And wont lose sleep about it. I'd be fine if we had a one man class and that man was Thomas Tyner.

Hearing Tyree and Tyrell Robinson will probably officially visit #Washington this weekend.
Trying to confirm.

It's extremely unlikely that they end up at UW, but they're at least taking a look, and that's all down to Tuiasasopo who was in their living room mid-week. CPHawk clearly doesn't know what the f he is talking about.

Or I did. They never had a trip planned for UW this weekend. They have confirmed they where going to visit tOSU this weekend, but after meeting with the UO coaches have canceled it. Funny UW people continue to believe every lie thrown at them by their supposed "insiders."

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3ff3gjcf said:
Kind of off topic but Jim Mora is killing it in recruiting down at UCLA. 2 more big time commits today, and rumors that this might be the end destination for Eddie Vanderdoes. They'll probably have a top 10 recruiting class when all is said and done.

Sometimes I wish UO was in Los Angeles. Sure would make recruiting a heck of a lot easier then trying to recruit to Eugene.

The recruiters on that staff are amazing

Adrian Klemm, Steve Broussard, Eric Yarber, or Demetrice Martin would be a strong lead recruiter for a lot of BCS schools, to have them all on staff is almost unfair.

Mora still has to prove he can coach, which he arguably hasn't done particularly well since he was the DC in SF, but he's definitely getting the talent.

drrew

Reaction score

Or I did. They never had a trip planned for UW this weekend. They have confirmed they where going to visit tOSU this weekend, but after meeting with the UO coaches have canceled it. Funny UW people continue to believe every lie thrown at them by their supposed "insiders."[/quote]

If by 'insiders' you mean Lincoln HS basketball coach Jason Bryant, then yeah, I need to quit listening to these supposed 'insiders'. Oregon had a great in home this week after Helfrich was officially named coach, and they're likely now settled.

As initially mentioned, it was highly unlikely they would flip, but hell it's worth a shot.

Oregon right now is going hard after Daeshon Hall, DE out of Texas with Seattle ties. Dline is the strength of the class for UW at the moment, but losing Hall, especially to Oregon, would be a blow.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":3grg8xww said:
Oregon right now is going hard after Daeshon Hall, DE out of Texas with Seattle ties. Dline is the strength of the class for UW at the moment, but losing Hall, especially to Oregon, would be a blow.

I know our coaches met with him today, but havnt heard anything about him visiting yet. I heard Texas A&M is also making a push at him. My gut feeling is that Tosh (and his dad living in the SEattle area) keeps him at UW.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
It now looks like maybe just one of the twins is visiting Washington next weekend. Ducks are pretty much out of it for Hall, but A&M still pushing.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Recent UW recruiting news (which is all I care about) is we're out of the running for Foster, Jack will decide between us and UCLA, Falah is 50/50 on UW and USC, and Hall a commit is pretty much up for grabs. UW already has a great WR and awesome DL class, some decent LB, and a good QB and RB, only concern is bad O-line recruiting but sark doesn't care about OL based on this years quality of OL so that should be expected.

davidonmi

Reaction score
drrew":nwxnnkhq said:

Or I did. They never had a trip planned for UW this weekend. They have confirmed they where going to visit tOSU this weekend, but after meeting with the UO coaches have canceled it. Funny UW people continue to believe every lie thrown at them by their supposed "insiders."

If by 'insiders' you mean Lincoln HS basketball coach Jason Bryant, then yeah, I need to quit listening to these supposed 'insiders'. Oregon had a great in home this week after Helfrich was officially named coach, and they're likely now settled.

As initially mentioned, it was highly unlikely they would flip, but hell it's worth a shot.

Oregon right now is going hard after Daeshon Hall, DE out of Texas with Seattle ties. Dline is the strength of the class for UW at the moment, but losing Hall, especially to Oregon, would be a blow.[/quote]
----------------------------------------------------------------

hall's uncle is Greg Lewis in case you didn't know, that should be the deciding factor if he sticks

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
davidonmi":151v4khm said:
Recent UW recruiting news (which is all I care about) is we're out of the running for Foster, Jack will decide between us and UCLA, Falah is 50/50 on UW and USC, and Hall a commit is pretty much up for grabs. UW already has a great WR and awesome DL class, some decent LB, and a good QB and RB, only concern is bad O-line recruiting but sark doesn't care about OL based on this years quality of OL so that should be expected.

Sark has gone after several top-notch OL, and they've gone elsewhere. Saying he 'doesn't care' just because some 17-year-old kids decided they wanted to play elsewhere is ridiculous.

davidonmi

Reaction score
A little misworded, but he sux at recruiting OL lets just face it, losin two blue chip in state OL from feeder schools in Banner and Garnett whe both their parents attended UW is unacceptable.

zifnab32

Reaction score
davidonmi":1i4x8097 said:
A little misworded, but he sux at recruiting OL lets just face it, losin two blue chip in state OL from feeder schools in Banner and Garnett whe both their parents attended UW is unacceptable.

Banner's dad was not involved in his life at all, the family he grew up with was a Wazzu family

UW loses one OL this year and zero next year, they don't need to pull in 5 or 6 guys. I would expect them to get one more guy - either Falah or an under the radar guy.

drrew

Reaction score
So Tyrell Robinson is visiting the UW...and Tyree Robinson is not. There's never been any indication that these two will not be playing together at the next level, so this is about the free trip, but interesting nonetheless. The UW Scout guys have been hinting that Tyner may make a visit as well, but I think that's more about them trying to sell subscriptions vs. anything real happening.

Recruiting is getting exponentially crazier each year.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CPHawk":3562cuwr said:

Annabel Stephan ‏@AnnabelStephan
"At press conference, Tyrell Robinson says he's still committed to #Oregon, will visit #Washington next weekend. Has canceled Ohio St. visit."

Well that's awkward for you...how's that crow taste?