Sacramento Kings message boards...

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Sacramento Kings message boards...
Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:47 pm
  • They're not enemies, though. We'd be no better than OKC trolls popping up on Seattle forums when we lost the Sonics.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2214
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:49 pm
  • I'm not really in your situation, so i cant really tell you what to do but the decent human in me thinks you should leave them alone.

    i'm sure you remember how it felt when teh Sonics left. I was just a kid but I still remember what it was like when the Seahawks almost went to LA.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18620
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:03 pm
  • I've skimmed their boards a bit. I would never post there.

    Quite frankly I'm going to do all the mental gymnastics I can to avoid thinking about the fact that we're swiping another city's team. I really wish we were getting an expansion team instead, but since that's not possible I guess it is what it is.
    User avatar
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1295
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
    Location: Indianapolis


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:06 pm
  • I'm staying as far as possible from that one...even Isaiah Thomas doesn't even want to anywhere near it. It's a lose-lose.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7237
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:10 pm
  • Oh jeez no... I only posted to see what they're saying, not to go over and do something lame like rub it in! Why do some people think I post these forums so we can go attack fans. SO not what I'm all about. I just like to read what teams say about us for the most part, and just lurk. Sheesh...
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2717
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 pm
  • Nobody needs to go there and act like Peaches did.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9738
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:36 pm
  • I should clarify. I know that you're not a troll, and that you're not advocating that we rub it in. But I don't think even well-meant messages of condolensces would be well-received.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2214
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:37 pm
  • What annoys me is the guy on one of those forums who made a account with a Seahawk name to troll the Seahawks when they lost and now that guys trolling the kings using that name making it look like its a Seattle fan acting like that.

    I feel bad for the kings fans and don't want to see them get trolled like we were.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    User avatar
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1435
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:37 am


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:49 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:I should clarify. I know that you're not a troll, and that you're not advocating that we rub it in. But I don't think even well-meant messages of condolensces would be well-received.


    I'm saying don't post at all. Just read their posts. Nothing we say, even condolences, will likely not be well recieved... more than likely...
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2717
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:10 pm
  • We all know who bad it was when we lost the Sonics. I wish the NBA had a better system in place to get teams.
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1901
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:36 pm
  • I won't say anything to them, I'm sick about how the NBA works, but, I'm a sucker for the Sonics.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1647
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:30 am
  • I don't know why anyone would talk mess yet, it ain't over yet. KJ has a presser tomorrow to announce his group, hope to god Larry Ellison isn't on this, I think Hansen and Ballmer could take Burkle and Mastrov though lol.

    Sacramento is down, but not out and there's still 2 seconds left, enough time to draw up this 3 point shot.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19227
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:12 am
  • Seriously, can we please delete this thread? Come on man. NOT COOL.

    NO Seattle fan should be saying a word to those guys right now. NONE. Even if they're trying to say "Sorry, we know what you're going through." Even the best of intentions is going to come across patronizing as hell. And really now. We all remember what it was like when Okie fans were all over Sonics sites. When it happened to us, I didn't want to hear a damn word from anybody having anything to do with the state of Oklahoma. This might not be the exact same set of circumstances (It's not) and Hansen didn't join the Maloofs in screwing Sacramento as was the case here with Clay and Schultz. But none of that matters when it comes to how Sac fans must be feeling. They are hurt and emotional. The LAST thing they need is to see anything having to do with green and gold right now.

    This thread is really just the worst. Shaking my head still. Come on mods or BT. Do the right thing and get rid of this. PLEASE. On behalf of Sonics fans, Sac fans, and people of decency everywhere. And if it's not deleted, as it should. Sonics fans reading this, please do the right thing and leave them alone. We're bigger than this.

    And I'm not the only one saying this:

    http://blog.sonicsrising.com/kings-fan-thread/

    Be considerate, folks. Thanks.
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4644
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:39 am
  • Yeah, I totally agree. There is nothing one could say to make them feel better so it is just best to stay away. Not only do I remember what it was like to see the Sonics leaving but I also saw how it went down when the Browns left Cleveland for Baltimore.

    I feel bad for the Kings fans.
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:40 am
    Location: Chandler, AZ


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:49 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:Seriously, can we please delete this thread? Come on man. NOT COOL.

    NO Seattle fan should be saying a word to those guys right now. NONE. Even if they're trying to say "Sorry, we know what you're going through." Even the best of intentions is going to come across patronizing as hell. And really now. We all remember what it was like when Okie fans were all over Sonics sites. When it happened to us, I didn't want to hear a damn word from anybody having anything to do with the state of Oklahoma. This might not be the exact same set of circumstances (It's not) and Hansen didn't join the Maloofs in screwing Sacramento as was the case here with Clay and Schultz. But none of that matters when it comes to how Sac fans must be feeling. They are hurt and emotional. The LAST thing they need is to see anything having to do with green and gold right now.

    This thread is really just the worst. Shaking my head still. Come on mods or BT. Do the right thing and get rid of this. PLEASE. On behalf of Sonics fans, Sac fans, and people of decency everywhere. And if it's not deleted, as it should. Sonics fans reading this, please do the right thing and leave them alone. We're bigger than this.

    And I'm not the only one saying this:

    http://blog.sonicsrising.com/kings-fan-thread/

    Be considerate, folks. Thanks.


    C'mon Seatown, I already said to not troll... That is NOT my intention at all. I just like to see what they're talking about. Any idiot with Google can look these up, I am just trying to make it easy for everybody to access.
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2717
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:28 pm
  • Thunder, I'm really surprised you would post all those links to forums to encourage people to go troll their boards. Bad form, man.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8805
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:54 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:Thunder, I'm really surprised you would post all those links to forums to encourage people to go troll their boards. Bad form, man.


    BAD BT! BAD BAD BAD!!!
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2717
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:17 pm
  • I'm embarrassed that some Sonics fans are on those forums. We have no place there, and even offering condolences is misplaced. Just leave the Sac fans alone.

    Interesting to see that Kings fans are torn even on Evans and Cousins. Not good when your stars are controversial.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *
     
    Posts: 3592
    Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:20 am
  • I wanna know where the hell they got the idea of expansion for Seattle? its either now or later, either way we're sharks swimming around waiting for a situation to look weak, the NBA isn't expanding nothing.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19227
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Sacramento Kings message boards...
Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:44 am
  • So reading through 'em... Its almost like a trip down memory lane for me, I REMEMBER ALMOST THE SAME ARGUEMENTS!

    "The NBA won't leave after 41 years"

    And then tonight I watched the Old Sonics beat the New Sonics by 10, lol.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19227
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA




It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: slipwax and 5 guests