Tom Brady should just retire ...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Stop with the stupid cliches. Most of the time, you need a good OVERALL team to win the Super Bowl. It has nothing to do specifically with the defense, or the offense, or the running game.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
amill87":3k49ussr said:
I'm shocked all these high powered offensive teams haven't figured it out yet. Look at every team that has won the Super bowl the past ten years. They do it with either a really good defense or a really hot defense, regardless how elite their quarterback is. Teams like Green Bay, New Orleans, Atlanta, and New England have virtually no shot in the playoffs unless their defenses get hot at the right time.

The saying "defenses win championships" has never been more true. I made a post awhile back about how the NFL is going to be entering a new more physical cycle shortly and I think I'm spot on so far. Offensive teams are just not going to win super bowls anymore for awhile

Love reading the posts...

1st. Pats O needs another WR, and a healthy gronk

2nd if anyone watched the AFCCG game you will notice Baltimore O was doing gawd awful till Talib,Chung AND Jones all went out injured and then suddenly their O was clicking. Pats D has no depth yet and is very young they will only get better.

As for the OP saying Brady should retire, I think he is dead wrong.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
amill87":26z1s3m9 said:
RolandDeschain":26z1s3m9 said:
Yes, an elite QB still getting his team to the playoffs every year should just retire.

:roll:

All those playoff appearances dont mean anything without a Super Bowl ring. They haven't won one since they turned the team over to Brady. When they won the other ones early in the 2000's they had a good defense than they went away from what was working and become a high powered offensive team with a crappy defense.

2007 the giants with a KILLER D dominated the game... Absolutly did from beginning to end, but still need a MIRACLE CATCH to win the game, and an epic INT Drop as well.
aND FOR A FAN OF A TEAM THAT IS JUST STARTING TO WIN YOU SURE DO HAVE THAT BAR SET AWFUL HIGH, YOU MUST BE VERY DISAPPOINTED in the Hawks!?!

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":25rw4g8r said:
Stop with the stupid cliches. Most of the time, you need a good OVERALL team to win the Super Bowl. It has nothing to do specifically with the defense, or the offense, or the running game.

THIS Plus a little bit of luck helps as well.. (a fumble bounces out of bounds instead of into a defenders hands etc.)

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Tom Brady's first 10 playoff games his record was 10-0. He has stayed pretty consistent while his team has gone from having an elite defense to a joke and now he no longer has top receivers or an above average O-line.

His last 14 playoff games he's 7-7. One guy cannot will an entire team to a Super Bowl... If you think Tom Brady can carry an entire team you probably also think Luck/RG3 were the only two rookie QB's in the league this year...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The OP is on crack.

The Patriots need a better secondary for sure, and their finesse style can be a liability when the weather gets cold and windy, but Tom Brady is still damn good.

hawker84

Reaction score
patriots need a secondary, that's what lost them the game sunday, surely not brady... he's got a few good years left in that arm... he's still the man.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":1ghwmmcv said:
2007 the giants with a KILLER D dominated the game... Absolutly did from beginning to end, but still need a MIRACLE CATCH to win the game, and an epic INT Drop as well.
aND FOR A FAN OF A TEAM THAT IS JUST STARTING TO WIN YOU SURE DO HAVE THAT BAR SET AWFUL HIGH, YOU MUST BE VERY DISAPPOINTED in the Hawks!?!

PatFan, just ignore that guy, like all the other Seahawks posters here are doing; lol.

You guys definitely need to shore up the defense, especially the secondary, though.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
hawker84":359p2zla said:
patriots need a secondary, that's what lost them the game sunday, surely not brady... he's got a few good years left in that arm... he's still the man.

Very True, the Pats are way to thin at the CB level to win a SB. IMO if Talib did not get hurt we would have won against the Ravens (they were doing NADA before he got injured) but against SF they have to many weapons and the Pats only have 2 DECENT corners so would have been a total destruction. Key to the Pats off season is resigning Talib and getting another decent nickle corner (Talib,Dennard, McCourty is a nice nucleus in the secondary and hopefully Wilson {the 2nd rnd pick lst yr} keeps developing because IMO the Pats are close to having a decent secondary.)

I will predict RIGHT NOWSB for next year:

Pats v Hawks... and the game will be decided by a FG within the last 2 minutes.
:th2thumbs:

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Scottemojo":t1pegs4r said:
The OP is on crack.

The Patriots need a better secondary for sure, and their finesse style can be a liability when the weather gets cold and windy, but Tom Brady is still damn good.

lol

And I don't get the finesse in the AFCCG game, this was the reason they drafted Vareen and Ridley 2 yrs ago, is to be able to pound the ball. (although Pollard Rocked Ridley BIG TIME, was a legal hit but damn I was just glad see Ridley get up after being knocked out.)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2mrd1hyj said:
Scottemojo":2mrd1hyj said:
The OP is on crack.

lol

And I don't get the finesse in the AFCCG game, this was the reason they drafted Vareen and Ridley 2 yrs ago, is to be able to pound the ball. (although Pollard Rocked Ridley BIG TIME, was a legal hit but damn I was just glad see Ridley get up after being knocked out.)
When the Patriots score less than two touchdowns, they got manhandled. And while I respect your run game, it is half based on a high number of offensive snaps and keeping the defense in the wrong personnel with no huddle. Finesse. Your defensive front 7 is not finesse at all.
You have the personnel to play a tough game, but not the philosophy. Running for 150 yards from the shotgun is not physical.
Not a coincidence you lost to the nastiest defenses you faced this year, RavensX2, Seattle, Niners, Cards.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3orisgx7 said:
PatsFanNH":3orisgx7 said:
Scottemojo":3orisgx7 said:
The OP is on crack.

lol

When the Patriots score less than two touchdowns, they got manhandled. And while I respect your run game, it is half based on a high number of offensive snaps and keeping the defense in the wrong personnel with no huddle. Finesse. Your defensive front 7 is not finesse at all.
You have the personnel to play a tough game, but not the philosophy. Running for 150 yards from the shotgun is not physical.
Not a coincidence you lost to the nastiest defenses you faced this year, RavensX2, Seattle, Niners, Cards.

Actually Baltimore said they figured out the Pats key word on the rush O and thats why it wasn't effective. As for the running game it was working on the drive in the 4th quarter (Pats down by 6) then Pollard almost decapitates Ridley and the fumble just derailed the team as they went down by 13. But gawd of all teams lose to the Ravens only thing worse be the JETS! sigh..(But the silver lining is their D savvy be gone after this year so they will be in 3rd place in the AFC Central lol)

Carmon1274

Reaction score
LOL @ OP.

If you think Tom should retire, then Peyton Manning and Rivers should retire also too.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
amill87":30j75ttw said:
Teams like Green Bay, New Orleans, Atlanta, and New England have virtually no shot in the playoffs unless their defenses get hot at the right time.

Virtually no shot? In the last three years, all four of those teams have reached the conference championship, three have reached the Super Bowl, and two have won it.

Hot defense is necessary, hot offense is necessary, hot everything is necessary.

Latest posts