NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Oh hell we was all wrong!

Bird was only the President of Basketball operations! Not even the GM! So he wasn't the one who traded Stephen Jackson & Al Harrington for those scrubs Murphy & Dunleavy, that was Walsh! Jeeeeez that was a total Rick Sund/Wally Walker move if I ever seen one.

More-so in 2008, he got his own man and then built what they have now (he also has Pete Carroll type of power with having the final say in all moves), I was all wrong on this!

I'd still want Buford though lol.

pehawk

Reaction score
I like Buford as well. He's the John Schneider of the NBA.

Throwdown

Reaction score
pehawk":2rrnw9bs said:

So is Mr. Presti... Maybe Hansen can open up that pocket book a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit more to steal away the brain of the Thunder?

pehawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2k95tmad said:
pehawk":2k95tmad said:

So is Mr. Presti... Maybe Hansen can open up that pocket book a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit more to steal away the brain of the Thunder?

Buford's better than Presti, IMO. Durant and Westbrook give Presti alot of room for error.

Buford pulls All-Pro's from late 20 picks.

Cousins went for 23 and 13 last night, I believe. Isiah dropped in 20.

Throwdown

Reaction score
pehawk":2kgo5dse said:
Throwdown":2kgo5dse said:
pehawk":2kgo5dse said:

Buford's better than Presti, IMO. Durant and Westbrook give Presti alot of room for error.

Buford pulls All-Pro's from late 20 picks.

Cousins went for 23 and 13 last night, I believe. Isiah dropped in 20.

No one saw Westbrook going that early though, and no one thought he was that good though. Westbrook didn't even start at UCLA and was only there one season, and don't forget Ibaka, probably the only guy on the Thunder I have some weird love for.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm familiar with Westbrook. That was a ballsy pick at 4.

We'll just sign Duratula when he hits the market.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
BlueThunder":274fjwwy said:
On an unimportant note, I'd like to know how to start a meaningful petition for Chris Hansen to bring back the "Super" to the "SuperSonics". I hated it when they declared they would now be known as the "Sonics". Sonics doesn't really mean anything. Now, SuperSonics means flying at faster than the speed of sound. WAY cooler! Don't know why they did that. And, of course, I really missed the SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUperSONICS! in the intro's... :D

I'm just so happy for my city to get the NBA back. Like I've said before, I was never the biggest NBA fan, pretty fair-weather, but I wanted it badly for our city pride. I'll get really excited when we start hearing news of an NHL team coming here. Pro-Hockey was always a sport that I felt was missing a fan.... ME! Once I hear news of the NHL coming, I'll scour the rule books to learn that sport inside and out! I loves me some violence in my sports, and Hockey is a sport I'm willing to jump into big-time! But of course, when the SuperSonics make the playoffs, I'll be there in all my Band-Wagon glory! :lol:

I'm feelin you on the old name. Even though "Sonics" is prettty cool in it's own right, I always prefered the old jet-city psychedelic long form.

pinksheets

Reaction score
So KJ has nothing.

His big announcement was that 19 local investors have pledged $1 million as a part of an ownership group.

And they hope to announce a "whale" soon. Meaning they don't have one.

pehawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":23t3zpq3 said:
So KJ has nothing.

His big announcement was that 19 local investors have pledged $1 million as a part of an ownership group.

And they hope to announce a "whale" soon. Meaning they don't have one.

Does Kevin "Desert Princess" Johnson have a ref to whine too still? Hated him as a player.

Subzero717

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":7q86dut2 said:
pehawk":7q86dut2 said:
I'm familiar with Westbrook. That was a ballsy pick at 4.

We'll just sign Duratula when he hits the market.

Which will be when he's 41 years old. KD is more than happy where he's at.

No he isnt. He hates Oklahoma. He said its a bunch of inbred morons. He regrets signing an extension. He is also tired of Westbrooks "tired routine."

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
kdurant@twitter - "How can you tell an okcthunder fan? He keeps his food stamps on a money clip. Ha ha! When an okcthunder fan say 'ho down', his sister gits down on her knees. P.S. Westbrook can suck my ass."

pinksheets

Reaction score
Yeah, they're just finding their money guys now, that's where they're at.

Ours bought the team, that's where we're are at. Just let it unfold.

JOz56

Reaction score
Like I said, I dunno how it's possible with the papers already signed and delivered. The only hope they really have is the BOG saying no to Hansen and CO, and even that is opening up a huge can of worms if they do so.

chris98251

Reaction score
The have Clay Bennett as head of relocation commitee to still get this by. Stern wants his image polished, Bennett is a person that I think given the latitude and personal involvement won't be neutral about this unless Stern sways the situation with him. Hansen still has to file relocation papers also. This vote of approval is "EXPECTED" to happen in April at a ownership meeting. Thats not to say there cannot be one earlier if they so choose. Stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.