NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
The part that they are not stating is the NBA needs a team in Seattle. The Sacramento gate attendance is very poor and I suspect they want to draw fans from a similar base to the Seahawks.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1onawkzp said:
The part that they are not stating is the NBA needs a team in Seattle. The Sacramento gate attendance is very poor and I suspect they want to draw fans from a similar base to the Seahawks.
And they want the chunk of change Hansen will be giving them as a relocation fee, and our beer money, our t-shirt money, and our big heavy corporate spenders.

Msfann

Reaction score
It seems like a conflict of interest that clay heads the relocation committee and owns all the sonics logos until Seattle gets a team then he will give them to Seattle. Yet right now all the sonics merchandise that's been reportedly flying off the shelves in Seattle. Meaning if he approves the relocation he loses some cash income.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":328zoj4p said:
On an unimportant note, I'd like to know how to start a meaningful petition for Chris Hansen to bring back the "Super" to the "SuperSonics". I hated it when they declared they would now be known as the "Sonics". Sonics doesn't really mean anything. Now, SuperSonics means flying at faster than the speed of sound. WAY cooler! Don't know why they did that. And, of course, I really missed the SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUperSONICS! in the intro's... :D

I'm just so happy for my city to get the NBA back. Like I've said before, I was never the biggest NBA fan, pretty fair-weather, but I wanted it badly for our city pride. I'll get really excited when we start hearing news of an NHL team coming here. Pro-Hockey was always a sport that I felt was missing a fan.... ME! Once I hear news of the NHL coming, I'll scour the rule books to learn that sport inside and out! I loves me some violence in my sports, and Hockey is a sport I'm willing to jump into big-time! But of course, when the SuperSonics make the playoffs, I'll be there in all my Band-Wagon glory! :lol:

Well, I have been a huge NHL fan since the late 70's. I must pre-warn you that while there are still the occasional fights here and there and yes even more during a few big rivalry matches, it definitely isn't as fun as old time hockey.

You might well indeed love this website- http://www.hockeyfights.com We have interesting conversations at the forum. :0190l:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":2vkm4ra2 said:
Don't fret, young Blitzer.

Chris Hansen the great's got this!

You know me, I freak out about everything. And this is very concerning, if the Penguins owner and 24-HR fitness guy are on board, that could tilt this deal. Man I just want the NBA to approve this pronto!

JOz56

Reaction score
Blitzer88":28k1unx4 said:
Throwdown":28k1unx4 said:

You know me, I freak out about everything. And this is very concerning, if the Penguins owner and 24-HR fitness guy are on board, that could tilt this deal. Man I just want the NBA to approve this pronto!

It could, but if the owners do decide to kill this deal, it opens up an entirely new can of worms that I'm not sure the NBA as a whole wants.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Blitzer88":sdllw1ls said:
Throwdown":sdllw1ls said:

Doesn't matter, too little too late. The Hanson group has a binding contract to buy the Kings. What's going to happen if the Sactown group is legit (which is still up in the air) is they will either get an expansion team or another team within a year or 2, Kings to Seattle next season.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2pjg2lm5 said:
Blitzer88":2pjg2lm5 said:
Throwdown":2pjg2lm5 said:

Doesn't matter, too little too late. The Hanson group has a binding contract to buy the Kings. What's going to happen if the Sactown group is legit (which is still up in the air) is they will either get an expansion team or another team within a year or 2, Kings to Seattle next season.

Pretty sure the sale has to be approved by the NBA. The Maloofs also surely have a binding contract with the NBA, which I would guess states that should they sell the team, it must be approved by the NBA. The Maloofs could be in breach of that contract, regardless of whether they have a contract with Hansen.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I have been reading more and more articles about this potential deal the KJ and Sactown is putting together and many believe that it has a very good shot to keep the Kings In Sacramento.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Forbes said if the Seattle group buys the Kings, it will help increase the value of all NBA teams by 30%. NBA owners want this to go through.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CPHawk":1qrg033o said:
Forbes said if the Seattle group buys the Kings, it will help increase the value of all NBA teams by 30%. NBA owners want this to go through.
That's another reason this will happen.
$$$$ > Sacramento to the NBA ownership!

pinksheets

Reaction score
Blitzer88":25mmcwcw said:
I have been reading more and more articles about this potential deal the KJ and Sactown is putting together and many believe that it has a very good shot to keep the Kings In Sacramento.
Blitzer, I hereby forbid you from seeking out any information on this topic beyond what we give you here.

It's not good for your health, my friend.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
pinksheets":7wrtde1x said:
Blitzer88":7wrtde1x said:
Blitzer, I hereby forbid you from seeking out any information on this topic beyond what we give you here.

It's not good for your health, my friend.

lol you have no idea. Everything I read about this seems like a brick house is falling on me.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Do you go to SonicsRising?

It's a great place to read the info analyzed and discussed by Sonics fans as it comes in. Perhaps it has a tad bit of bias for that reason, but all in all, I'd say it's pretty straight forward and a great place to get readjusted with reality and commonsense while on the rollercoaster.

All the "Sac is in the driver's seat" talk is wishful thinking by Sac fans, don't let it get to you.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
pinksheets":39l1n5nt said:
Do you go to SonicsRising?

It's a great place to read the info analyzed and discussed by Sonics fans as it comes in. Perhaps it has a tad bit of bias for that reason, but all in all, I'd say it's pretty straight forward and a great place to get readjusted with reality and commonsense while on the rollercoaster.

All the "Sac is in the driver's seat" talk is wishful thinking by Sac fans, don't let it get to you.

Yeah, just checked it out, and really.......it didn't make me feel much better lol.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzers a severly scorned Seattle fan, he meets good things with cautious pessimism.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts