Jets to explore trading Darrelle Revis

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Jets to explore trading Darrelle Revis
Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:40 pm
  • http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason ... elle-revis

WOW!

Could you guys imagine Sherm on one side and Revis on the other? Dream scenario but not possible because of the cap-issues. We have a lot of players on our roster that we have to pay within a year or two.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• NO.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Considering the cost it would take to get him (probably more than just a 1st round pick), how long we would have him (only two years before he hits free agency), and our current CB situation, I don't think it makes sense to trade for him. He would be a nice upgrade over Browner, but the cost of acquiring him is far greater than the difference between him and Browner.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• Flynn, Browner and a 3rd? yeah, probably not going to happen but it's nice to dream.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Don't need him.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• lukerguy wrote:Flynn, Browner and a 3rd? yeah, probably not going to happen but it's nice to dream.

Intriguing.....

I love Browner, and think he's an intimidating presence- but Revis is a shutdown corner- him and Sherman would be a humiliating combo for opposing QBs and WRs. If somehow we could keep Browner and move him to SS, as several have mentioned (if they think he could play that position well) that would be even better!
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• I love Browner, and think he's an intimidating presence- but Revis is a shutdown corner- him and Sherman would be a humiliating combo for opposing QBs and WRs. If somehow we could keep Browner and move him to SS, as several have mentioned (if they think he could play that position well) that would be even better!

You don't change a pro-bowler's position. Browner isn't going to safety. Kam isn't going to be a LB, ET isn't going to be a CB, MRob isn't going to be our backup QB.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Re: Jets to explore trading Darrelle Revis
Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 am
  • A deal between the Seahawks and Jets for Revis doesn't make sense for either organization. Don't fall in love with name value. We're very strong at outside corner, and as someone already said, the upgrade wouldn't be worth what we'd be giving up in personnel or future cap space.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information