Revis Available? Flynn bait?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Revis is the T.O./Chad Ochocinco of Dbacks. We don't need that kind of primadona on this team. Not worth the headaches.

joeshaney

Reaction score
JSeahawks":a7k3d63w said:
It baffles me that anybody would be against a move like this.

I'm against it.....
Unless its the single free agency option available.
Lets spend our money on the most important position on defense.....pass rushers.....much better idea!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
joeshaney":3oyrersp said:
JSeahawks":3oyrersp said:

I'm against it.....
Lets spend our money on the most important position on defense.....pass rushers.....much better idea!

6 million is a bargain for somebody like Revis. We could afford to do both.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
The Jets are a circus, holy hell did they go down hard. Good Luck Idzik!

Who has the worst QB contract situation, Arizona, Buffalo, NY Jets, or Kansas City?

joeshaney

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ek9ro7z said:
joeshaney":2ek9ro7z said:
JSeahawks":2ek9ro7z said:

I'm against it.....

6 million is a bargain for somebody like Revis. We could afford to do both.

You know what....for a one year rent a player on a Superbowl run it wouldn't be the worst idea.
I wouldn't be mad at all. Still think resigning jam, signing Melton, and also one of the better pass rushers.

kearly

Reaction score
If this trade actually did happen somehow, and John Schneider wasn't the unanimous executive of the year in 2013, it would only be because the press thinks Seattle is in Russia somewhere and therefore ineligible for postseason awards.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
Revis is a free agent after the 2013 season and has a no franchise tag clause in his contract and will want 10-13 million a year. It would be a luxury while having the legion of boom.

joeshaney

Reaction score
The Battle #83":3brr78dc said:
Revis is a free agent after the 2013 season and has a no franchise tag clause in his contract and will want 10-13 million a year. It would be a luxury while having the legion of boom.

Yes, but if its a luxary we can afford and we want to maximize our Superbowl chances...why not??
Also, the salary cap impact would be revis contract minus Flynn's.

Furthermore, if the move doesn't pay off we can let him walk and gain the salary cap relief at that time.
Revis being in a contact year means good things for his projected performance.

I've changed my mind.....what could Flynn be traded for that improves our Superbowl chances more than revis would?

Still would be suprised if the jets went for it.

chris98251

Reaction score
For arguements sake, if the choice was Revis or a top 3 tech DT which way do you go?

Jay Ratliff, Dallas Cowboys

They also need a back up for Romo.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Idzik is the key. If he's a fan of Flynn, he might want to trade for him. Especially since he is comfortable with Schneider from their time in the FO together.

This definitely would not be a straight Flynn for Revis trade, but I bet the conversation could be started. But how Idzik feels about Flynn is the key.

joeshaney

Reaction score
chris98251":zfkcg3h6 said:
For arguements sake, if the choice was Revis or a top 3 tech DT which way do you go?

Jay Ratliff, Dallas Cowboys

They also need a back up for Romo.

3tech

chris98251

Reaction score
joeshaney":18my1igl said:
But not jay

Why not, he got a DWI, so what, makes his value a bit less and the trade more balanced and it's with a team that could use Flynn and a top DT, your not going to find a lot of match ups for this trade. This is one that is feasable and meets needs and the Cowboys are deep on the D line.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Because revis would be more impactful than the 31 year old Ratliff whose production is on the decline. The dwi isn't the breaker, but it doesn't help.

Not that I wouldn't trade Flynn for Ratliff, but revis is a better deal and we would still have enough to land the top St in free agency. I'd much prefer Melton over Ratliff. Add revis and a solid draft and wow.