Who are the players you hope other teams protect us from?

kearly

Reaction score
Or to put it another way, who are the players that you suspect our FO might draft that you are afraid of being busts?

For me, I'd say Barkevious Mingo. If Irvin isn't a LEO, or is at best years away from being one, what does that make Mingo? A wasted roster spot, and a wasted 1st round pick. Still, I kind of worry that Pete will be intoxicated by Mingo's speed and short area quickness. It would be a pretty huge mistake, but sadly I could see it happening. I'll definitely be rooting for Mingo to leave the board in the first 24 picks.

In the later rounds I'd probably say Jelani Jenkins. He's fast, and he'll tempt PC/JS, but the tape shows a LB that gets pushed around like Kelly Jennings playing linebacker.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
Manti Teo? i dont know if he fits our scheme and all but regardless something isnt right in his dome...

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Jonathan Hankins and Ansah for me, sucks that the DLine talent is so top heavy with the value later IMO. I'm hoping teams start gunning and reaching sooner for QB's, like Buffalo or KC really want Glennon and trade with us or bite too soon and some more talent drops to us!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Alec Ogeltree. I get the fascination, but I'm worried he'll be an "upside" player who never fully reaches his potential. I'm not too impressed with his play versus the run, either.

Te'o would be atop everyone, though. I think he's a great player, but we're already solid at MLB and this whole girlfriend hoax is freakin crazy.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I don't think we'll have to worry too much about this team selecting a MLB anytime soon in the 1st round.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":2lwhi00r said:
Alec Ogeltree. I get the fascination, but I'm worried he'll be an "upside" player who never fully reaches his potential. I'm not too impressed with his play versus the run, either.

Te'o would be atop everyone, though. I think he's a great player, but we're already solid at MLB and this whole girlfriend hoax is freakin crazy.

Agree on Ogletree. He's a little overrated, tons of potential though.

Exact opposite on Jarvis Jones. Wondering how much the injury factor weighs in on his eventual draft position, most have him as a top 10 pick. If he fell into the teens, I'd be ecstatic if we made a move to get him.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
12th_Bob":1jydidys said:
I don't think we'll have to worry too much about this team selecting a MLB anytime soon in the 1st round.
I agree, but there's still some people who think Wagner would be better off at WLB or that someone like Te'o at MLB would make us an overall better linebacker unit even with Wagner switching to WLB.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
If JS/PC deem a player worthy of our selection I would think that they've built up enough equity to where we'll be content with whoever they choose. It's fun to speculate and all but the idea that we as fans know/see something that they don't is quite amusing to say the least.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Teo will not be a Hawk. Book it. I even think we will get the privilege of passing on him a couple of times.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
Scottemojo":v5qfdkhc said:
Teo will not be a Hawk. Book it. I even think we will get the privilege of passing on him a couple of times.

Unless some absolutely damning new evidence comes to light between now and draft day, I'd wager the second part of that statement doesn't come close to happening.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SuperHawks":1ap9ifb5 said:
Scottemojo":1ap9ifb5 said:

Unless some absolutely damning new evidence comes to light between now and draft day, I'd wager the second part of that statement doesn't come close to happening.

fish on!

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
lol.

I am with you on Hunt. Not really against him, but I think he's a lot like Scruggs, except Scruggs is better. We already have Scruggs, and last year that player cost a 7th round pick.

Ansah is a player I'm cooling on, but I'd draft him in a heartbeat over Datone Jones if those were my only choices.

General Manager

Reaction score
The Teo story is a huge red flag i would not take him there's something wrong with that guy.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Well, now I'm not so sure about Ansah but I would be worried about Hankins and now I would add Hunt to the list.

firebee

Reaction score
12th_Bob":32xtlmea said:
Who says you have to play Teo at MLB. His size and ability would allow us to play him strongside and move Wright to weakside or we might even try Teo out at weakside.

I am worried about a man that falls for some weirdo hoax though. With his poor performance in the Bowl game and this hoax, you really have to question what kind of player he's going to be. Is he easily distracted or will he be a distraction? How does he handle pressure? Can he play at a high-level consistently and play mistake free football?

I wouldn't take Teo off the board. Teo in the 2nd would be real hard to pass on, unless their's somebody else we're dying to get. You can't deny his production over the last two years and his physical ability. His mental toughness and discipline can definitely be questioned.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
AnchoviesofTerror":239vvdtl said:
Manti Teo? i dont know if he fits our scheme and all but regardless something isnt right in his dome...

You have to admit, drafting Manti would add to our team's collection of hot players' wives/girl friends. Flynn, Wilson, and now Manti.

cover-2

Reaction score
(DT) Johnathan Hankins and (LB) Khaseem Green are at the top of my don't want list.

Latest posts