Any chance jackson comes back as a backup

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
CANHawk":3scs153n said:
Honestly, this really does make a lot of sense (except for the last line about the 80 yard TD pass to Wilson... c'mon mang...). Tebow is a great athleate, a good football player and a helluva competitor... but I reeeally can't get behind bringing the whole Tim Tebow circus to our town.

Yes I think we have a strong enough team to withstand a lot of the craziness and yes I think the roles on our team are defined clearly enough that the Tebow zelots wouldn't get their hopes up, but still... anything related to Tim Tebow just seems to turn into a gong show.

Pass.

Too much of the left side of the teeter totter and not enough of the right if Tebow was on this team (between him and Wilson).

:3-1:

I would also pass.

themunn

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":2jqbzaje said:
He's probably the 40-50th best QB in the nfl, making him just fine as a backup.

Flynn is definitely better than #32 and deserves to go start somewhere. Call me an altruist, or maybe I'm a bigger player fan than team fan sometimes, but I want to see Flynn succeed.

Just not on the Cardinals. Yes, that can still happen...

You think so?
I would rather have Jackson over any of the starters (or backups) of the following teams:

Kansas City
Jacksonville
Arizona
New York (Jets obviously)
Minnesota
Buffalo (why they kept him benched for Pickspatrick is beyond me)
Cleveland

and arguably Tennessee and Oakland.

And as far as backups go, the only backups I think are a better choice than Jackson are Flynn, Cousins and Jason Campbell. Maybe there's one or two others out there that are an improvement (such as Vick/Foles, depending on who your starter is), but we haven't seen them in play yet. Either way Jackson to me makes the top 30 QBs in the league (barely)

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Jackson is a horrible QB end of story, who cares if he played hurt what NFL player doesn't? Stop the madness. We need a veteran to back up RW and all will be good. I would not mind if Matt came back as the backup as I think he would help RW mature as a QB.

Basis4day

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":3u04thoi said:
Jackson is a horrible QB end of story, who cares if he played hurt what NFL player doesn't? Stop the madness. We need a veteran to back up RW and all will be good. I would not mind if Matt came back as the backup as I think he would help RW mature as a QB.

You want your backup QB to be able to go .500 if your starter is out. No problem with Tjack coming in as a backup. Dude has a strong arm and enough mobility to play our offense if Wilson is hurt.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1ig669rz said:
TorontoHawk":1ig669rz said:

You want your backup QB to be able to go .500 if your starter is out. No problem with Tjack coming in as a backup. Dude has a strong arm and enough mobility to play our offense if Wilson is hurt.

I want a backup who can help the starter, what can Jackson do show him how to zone in on one WR? He could not even make the 2nd string for the Bills I think that should tell you something there. Plenty of options that make sense for a backup but Jackson is not one, as he showed he is not a winner and can't be a starter. I think bringing him here is the only mistake PC and JS have really made.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I honestly think we cut Flynn and make a play for TJ! and if we fail to land him we'll probably just roll with no back up. Mike Rob can play in a pinch if PB3 gets tired or bored.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I want to be like Green Bay, drafting QBs and letting them sit behind elite starting QBs (Rodgers and then Flynn). Then when the time is right hopefully we can trade him for a high round pick. Like Green Bay tried to do with Flynn before he went to free agency.

No more retreads please

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
under 60% completion rate while almost exclusively throwing underneath, NOT MOBILE, cant read defenses, holds the ball forever and averages less than a TD per game? Yeah that's REAL solid.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
If Jackson were anywheren near as good as some here believe, he wouldn't have been the #3 in Buffalo and he wouldn't be a FA this off season. Why would you believe Jackson is top 30 QB in the league but the Bills are just going to release him?

Our system is what made Jackson look servicable. Great running game and a defense that didn't force us into throwing situations. Add in the schedule he played the year he was here where we seen a ton of back up QB's the second half of the season and Pete and John were able to rangle a draft pick for a guy who's lack of talent was clearly masked by the surrounding environment and weak opponents.

Some of those back ups that you think he is better than haven't had that luxury and instead were forced to compete in a worse environment just like Jackson had to do this year where he ended up not active for a single game and couldn't beat our Fitzpatrick for the #2 spot when you know the Bills wanted him to. Why else would they spend a draft pick and then not give him a chance?

edogg23

Reaction score
Seems like an easy choice to me. Tebow actually leads his teams to comeback wins vs TJax!!! who can't lead a comeback to save his life. :snack:

Plus Tebow and RW3 can talk about God together or something after pratice.

Throwdown

Reaction score
edogg23":38e6bdmn said:
Seems like an easy choice to me. Tebow actually leads his teams to comeback wins vs TJax!!! who can't lead a comeback to save his life. :snack:

How's it gonna work out if Wilson gets hurt and the other team knows all we can do is run the ball to not embarrass ourselves because Tebow can't throw? The teams FINISHED at that point.

Flynn or TJack for me, if the only other option is Tebow.

edogg23

Reaction score
Throwdown":27cguwjc said:
edogg23":27cguwjc said:

How's it gonna work out if Wilson gets hurt and the other team knows all we can do is run the ball to not embarrass ourselves because Tebow can't throw? The teams FINISHED at that point.

Flynn or TJack for me, if the only other option is Tebow.
I'll take Flynn all day obviously as a backup... but yeah I'm half kidding I would be scared to bring Tebow in.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Only way I'd want Tebow is if we were bringing him in to learn from Michael Robinson as to how to transition from college qb to pro fb. I actually think Tebow could be an All-Pro fb if he focused on it.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Tebow would bring a media circus, and a weekly story on ESPN if we use him enough, no thanks.

Atradees

Reaction score
How did Jackson get a fan? I swear some people are emotionally retarded just looking for any controversy.

Heres the deal......uhh Jackson is not comming anymore than Jennings is as an incompetant nickle back.

Uffda

Reaction score
Jackson is a 50% win/lose Qb.

Would rather trade Flynn and draft a low round overlooked Qb with that pick and take a chance.