NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinksheets

Reaction score
He doesn't want to get attached to Russell Wilson on the off chance that he might get bit by a rabid corgi.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
pinksheets":d8ojqpqs said:
He doesn't want to get attached to Russell Wilson on the off chance that he might get bit by a rabid corgi.

Dude you don't even want me to get started on corgi's. They are ferocious! Russell needs to stay away from them.

Throwdown

Reaction score
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/24/513847 ... right.html

& Before Blitzer comes in here thinking that the world just took another dump on the efforts to bring Seattle the NBA back.

These guys are minority owners for a reason, I seriously doubt any of these dudes have the money to become majority owners of the franchise, and no they can't get help from Burkle or Mastrov to take over the Maloof's controlling share.

hawker84

Reaction score
Blitzer88":228l31yi said:
pinksheets":228l31yi said:

Dude you don't even want me to get started on corgi's. They are ferocious! Russell needs to stay away from them.

Corgi's are ferocious, mine will chew your face off, just as soon as i get it from under the bed.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":3dlxkoqq said:
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/24/5138478/limited-partners-have-first-right.html

& Before Blitzer comes in here thinking that the world just took another dump on the efforts to bring Seattle the NBA back.

These guys are minority owners for a reason, I seriously doubt any of these dudes have the money to become majority owners of the franchise, and no they can't get help from Burkle or Mastrov to take over the Maloof's controlling share.

:240039: :240039: :240039: :240039:

BillHawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":19jlxnbz said:

My understanding is a little different. The 7% owner can sell his share to a big money guy. That big money guy has the inside track to buy the 60+% share from the Maloofs.To me it looks like this is the biggest hurdle to clear. If they can find someone to pony up the big bucks they'll stay in Sacramento. If they can't they're in Seattle.

If they manage to find one of these "whale investors" to pick up the 7% it essentially negates Hansen's offer. I still think it's unlikely they find someone to do that but in my mind this is the biggest hurdle.

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
OK, let's say the deal falls a part. Then what? Is expansion out of the picture?

pinksheets

Reaction score
BillHawks":lws30xi2 said:
Throwdown":lws30xi2 said:

My understanding is a little different. The 7% owner can sell his share to a big money guy. That big money guy has the inside track to buy the 60+% share from the Maloofs.To me it looks like this is the biggest hurdle to clear. If they can find someone to pony up the big bucks they'll stay in Sacramento. If they can't they're in Seattle.

If they manage to find one of these "whale investors" to pick up the 7% it essentially negates Hansen's offer. I still think it's unlikely they find someone to do that but in my mind this is the biggest hurdle.
The 7% won't be sold until the NBA approves the deal and it is executed anyways.

I'm rather certain that some rich dude can't just come in, buy a minority chunk right now after a deal has been signed, and then use that to circumvent the original deal. That would give minority owners more power over who a team is sold to than the majority owner.

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2g4avdzb said:
The next expansion team is at least five years in the future.

So that makes this deal all or nothing!!! Sweating bullets now!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
I honestly think expansion is off the table until the economy gets better. I don't know where the idea came from, but sacramento and the herewebuy movement is stupid for constantly bringing it up as an alternative for Seattle.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
BillHawks":3jc15sod said:
Throwdown":3jc15sod said:

This better not happen! I want my dang Sonics back!!

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
hawker84":2v21cyic said:
Blitzer88":2v21cyic said:
pinksheets":2v21cyic said:

Corgi's are ferocious, mine will chew your face off, just as soon as i get it from under the bed.

pictures of these corgi's or else!! :17:

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
Throwdown":2irf9fhx said:
I honestly think expansion is off the table until the economy gets better. I don't know where the idea came from, but sacramento and the herewebuy movement is stupid for constantly bringing it up as an alternative for Seattle.

Well OP is stupid then, he thought that Detlef Shremph was talking about expansion :? :roll:

Throwdown

Reaction score
Well, it looks like its all a non-issue with with this ROFR stuff.

BACK ON TRACK TO APPROVAL, AND THEY'RE ALREADY VETTING THE HANSEN GROUP!

Go buy some Nordstrom's and an Xbox with your tax return's people!

Throwdown

Reaction score
grizbob":3fh2ocn3 said:
If I celebrate tonight will I regret it tomorrow?:smile:

Only if you take Sacramento's last gasps for air seriously, you might.

Hell just celebrate being alive, its what imma do tonight!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":1yuaspwn said:
Well, it looks like its all a non-issue with with this ROFR stuff.

BACK ON TRACK TO APPROVAL, AND THEY'RE ALREADY VETTING THE HANSEN GROUP!

Go buy some Nordstrom's and an Xbox with your tax return's people!
Where are you seeing this? Because if true I am getting excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.