Titus Young a good fit in Seattle?

Rat

Reaction score
We're talking about a guy who was DELIBERATELY lining up in the wrong places and running the wrong routes late in the fourth quarter of a close game against the Packers. I have no problems with egomaniac WRs (Terrell Owens is one of my favorite all-time players), but how could you trust a guy like Titus on your team?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Rat":2kbpzdv0 said:
We're talking about a guy who was DELIBERATELY lining up in the wrong places and running the wrong routes late in the fourth quarter of a close game against the Packers. I have no problems with egomaniac WRs (Terrell Owens is one of my favorite all-time players), but how could you trust a guy like Titus on your team?
This...and to even say "I've never ran a wrong route in my life" after he was called for it, just speaks to a delusional player that's an obvious cancer.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Rat":1nqb8nld said:

What supporting info can you share? Who is saying this that is close to the situation? That would be pretty wacked-out to *deliberately* pull that stuff (vs. tossing up a couple mental airballs, doing the same play consistently wrong) Gotta say, just the fact it's even being leveled as an accusation is already a really, really bad sign.
Hmm... would I rather have malevolent, or ditzy? Neither!! But where was that from Young against US when we needed it??!!

Decimation

Reaction score
Don't know much about Titus, cept he burned us bad when we played the Lions.

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":3ov97n9h said:
Rat":3ov97n9h said:

What supporting info can you share? Who is saying this that is close to the situation? That would be pretty wacked-out to *deliberately* pull that stuff (vs. tossing up a couple mental airballs, doing the same play consistently wrong) Gotta say, just the fact it's even being leveled as an accusation is already a really, really bad sign.
Hmm... would I rather have malevolent, or ditzy? Neither!! But where was that from Young against US when we needed it??!!

I read an article on PFT that had that info in it also, he was sent home and benched over it.

mretrade

Reaction score
olyfan63":2op0bs3i said:
mretrade":2op0bs3i said:
Horrible fit. Why would they bring in a selfish player.
Every now and then Pete comes up with a "change of scenery" gem.
Mike Williams in 2010.
Brandon Browner.
I'm sure there are more I'm not thinking of right now.
You could even look at Richard Sherman that way--"disgruntled" at Jim Harbaugh's Stanford, sent from WR to playing defense, falling to 5th round pick.

Of course, a lot have been tried and tossed. Pete certainly has no 'SC favoritism, that's for sure.
The question is whether Titus Young is just a crybaby whiny pussy or a player with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove, who just needs to grow up a little, in the right environment. Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference.
In PC/JS I trust on this one.

The difference with those guys is that those guys showed remorse and had time to think about their actions and not take for granted the opportunity that they were given. Titus Young will take for granted his next opportunity.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
As Kip mentioned, Seattle's offensive system demands selfless receivers. Young isn't a fit.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
pehawk":3334lgwl said:
Sydney's also thrown a silent tantrum or two. And, in Detroit, Sydney mayve lashed out more, its the Lions.

I'd love it. 1st round talent, for peanuts. He won't do damage hear, none, so no risk.

Stick with your first point. Sydney throws silent tantrums on the field but after the game he doesn't complain about not getting the ball.

Also, who's to say he would see fewer targets?

The Lions threw the ball more than any team in the NFL last year by a lot.

He sounds like Keyshawn Johnson.

Yet nowhere near the production.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
I feel like I would be okay if we got him, but wouldn't mind if we didn't, either. He has come off as someone who whines and cries when things don't go his way. I get the feeling that he pushes blame on everyone but himself. In other words, he is full of excuses.

That being said, he also seems to have a chip on his shoulders and that fits well with our team. If anyone could turn things around for the guy, I believe it is our staff.

It could be a big win for us, that's for sure. However, I would prefer a situation where if we were to bring him in and he was becoming a cancer, we could drop him without really hurting ourselves.

Adding Young could let us focus more on adding a few key pieces on our defense and another TE in the draft, which would be a pretty big benefit. If we go for a WR in the draft (which I am okay with as well), then we may have to wait longer to get a TE, for example. I don't know about you guys, but I would love a TE to go with Miller than can put up big numbers. A TE like Gonzales and Gronk, for example, is HUGE. Now I don't know a whole lot about the TEs in this draft class, but I do know there are some good ones. Eifert and Ertz in particular. Big, fast guys (for their size).

olyfan63

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":uzt9hasl said:
Stick with your first point. Sydney throws silent tantrums on the field but after the game he doesn't complain about not getting the ball.

Yes, I've seen Rice do his "tantrums", but wouldn't label them as such. I think it was on the play (against Redskins?) where Wilson tucked the ball and ran just as Sydney broke open for a sure TD. It was a body language version of, "hellooooo.... I'm OPEN..."
Or are we talking about a different kind of "tantrum" than that?

BASF

Reaction score
The "he played well against us, let's get him" train of thought netted us Julius Jones. I don't think I ever want to hear that argument again.