Would the Hawks go for another QB?

Renohawk

Reaction score
Wilson is a stud, set for years. Flynn will be gone. Do the Hawks find another gem to backup Wilson through the Draft, or bring in a FA? If so, are there any QB's in the Draft that could fit the bill in the mid rounds?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I would almost guarantee we pick up at least 1 if not 2 QB's via draft/FA. In fact, I believe we will probably do both by the time it is all said and done. PC is all about competitian at every position. You need at least 3-4 QB's in camp typically. JS comes from the green bay philosiphy of developing young talent from the draft. I remember Hass saying how GB nearly always drafted a QB every year. He may not be a high obvious pick though; probably some under the radar gem w/ potential.

Personally, I really liked what EJ Manuel showed during the Senior Bowl but that may also propel him up the draft boards and I doubt we take any QB's before the 4th round or so.

McGruff

Reaction score
This has been brough up several times. I think they do both, assuming Fynn is traded.

As for draft picks, Matt Scott and EJ Manual are the two most obvious choices. In Free agency, T Tack is an option, but I think we could be interested in guys like Troy Smith and Dennis Dixon.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'd say so. Preference would be Manuel, but he'll climb up the draft board due to attrition. Too bad, actually, he's be an ideal fit.

More realistic would be Matt Scott or Jordan Rogers. I prefer the latter.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
My best guess would be a 'competition' in camp for the backup job... probably between two free agent veterans or a FA and a rookie. Assuming Flynn is no longer on the roster.

firebee

Reaction score
If we trade Flynn before the draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a QB as early as round 2 if the QB this FO wants is there. If Flynn isn't traded by the draft, I could see us holding off on a QB until Round 3 or later. A defensive lineman is probably going to chew up one of our first 2 picks. We are going to draft a QB to compete with Flynn for the backup position though. I'm almost counting on it with JS.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
firebee":1llzg0ut said:
If we trade Flynn before the draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a QB as early as round 2 if the QB this FO wants is there. If Flynn isn't traded by the draft, I could see us holding off on a QB until Round 3 or later. A defensive lineman is probably going to chew up one of our first 2 picks. We are going to draft a QB to compete with Flynn for the backup position though. I'm almost counting on it with JS.

The GB way, and as recently as last year our GM said he would like to draft a QB every draft. I think your assessment is accurate.

Chawker

Reaction score
They could still re-work Flynn's contract instead of letting him slip into mediocritie, thus leaving us with a QB being taken in the later rounds. If he doesn't want to readjust his contract then let him go, Matt can join Charlie in the real world.