• Picks up where he left off.

Votes: 145 56.2%
  • Has a statistically worse year.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Improves in TD/Int ratio

Votes: 39 15.1%
  • Has a sophomore slump.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Performs light years ahead of 2012 season.

Votes: 62 24.0%

• Total voters

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I expect he ant little man Tate to really click after an off-season together watching film and dissecting defenses weak points and adjusting hot reads…. I also expect that be season’s end Russ will have viewed every existing NFL tape.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
chris98251":1l3oba9a said:
Knowing what we know I am not worried about his growth. Someone said no or little of that Tarkenton stuff, those roll outs and sprints or avoiding sacks is what makes him dangerous and special, don't shy away from what makes him who he is.

I just want him to continue to be healthy, he plays smart and protects himself pretty well now, I would expect that to improve more as the game really begins to slow down for him even more.

This. :th2thumbs: Wilson's elusive that's what makes him so dangerous for other teams to try and defend against. I don't want to see him become sack city. Hopefully the line will be better next year so he won't HAVE to run as much, but I don't ever want to see him give it up. It's part of what makes him so great.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
NYCoug":2kyal11h said:
I was thinking about this last night, so I'm glad this topic exists.

I'm gonna go with:

13-3 or 14-2 as a starter, not sure yet, but for the sake of the thread I'll go with 14-2
4240 Yards Passing (265 per game, not too crazy to imagine)
40 Passing TD's (2.5 per game, again, nothing crazy)
800 Rushing Yards (50 per game, realistic)
8 Rushing TD's (.5 per game, might be a stretch but nothing would surprise me with him)
4 INT (Not as many fluke dropped INT's, reverts to Wisconsin/NC State form)
70% Completion
Finishes as the runner up for MVP but his perceived "robbery" by the nation wins him even more fans and he becomes the nation's favorite QB and player in the NFL. A bigger name like Rodgers gets the award but many will want Russell to win it.

Hawks go to the postseason as the #1 seed and win it all, Wilson wins Super Bowl MVP. Thus, the dynasty starts.

Only 4 interceptions? I don't think any QB has started 16 games and thrown only 4 interceptions.

70% completion rate? You realize that's only happened once right?

I love Russell but pass the homer-ade.

themunn

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1jrmukt1 said:
Only 4 interceptions? I don't think any QB has started 16 games and thrown only 4 interceptions.

Brady had just 4 interceptions in 2010.

I think Wilson will continue with the form shown in the final 8 games of the season, which is MVP-worthy. We also face 8 defenses which ranked in the bottom 12 in pass defense this season past - and in that 8 game spell to close out the season, Wilson faced FIVE top 10 pass defenses out of a possible 9 (obiously he can't face us).
It's not out of reason to believe he could have a high TD low INT season - though I don't know if I agree with 4 INTs and 70% completion, I'm thinking more like a 35-6 season with between 5 and 10 rushing TDs and 67% completion

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Expectations will be high........higher than any QB or team in Hawk history. The good news is we have the talent to go all the way, as long as the team can stay healthy there's no reason not to expect it all.

hawker84

Reaction score
i picked light years which is a bit misleading... i think he'll pick up from where he left off, but he'll have a season far better than last season for obvious reasons... i think he still has some growth to make, a few key weapons on Offense, and the sky's the limit for next season..

if we can get the right key players on the defensive side of the ball, it's SB bound time.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
lobohawk":3rwsu05v said:
First years at NC State:
Balancing school work, baseball, and football = exceptional player (tops in the conference)

Year at Wisconsin:
Balancing school work and football = nationally recognized player (among top 3 QBs in country / best passer rating)

First year at Seattle:
Rookie experience and shared early season practice time = nationally recognized player (among top 3 rookie QBs and top 10 QBs in NFL)

He now can devote a 100% of his work effort toward his craft. With the resources currently available through a professional team coupled with his effort and focus, it'll be interesting to see what kind of leap he makes next year. There has to be a ceiling for what kind of productivity he can have in his career, but I'm guessing we'll see him get pretty close to it next year.

Quality post here and I agree--thanks for contributing!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Thank you for the post, Formido. Very interesting stuff.

Unfortunately, I chose sophmore slump. I hope I'm wrong, but if teams stop Russell in the read option, that eliminates a large amount of the yardage our offense was gaining in the second half of the season.

But if anybody can prove me wrong, it's Russell Wilson!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2vgyhblw said:
Unfortunately, I chose sophmore slump. I hope I'm wrong, but if teams stop Russell in the read option, that eliminates a large amount of the yardage our offense was gaining in the second half of the season

IMO the way we play offense is slump proof. If this was the Colts where we expect Russell to throw it 50-60 times a game like Luck, or the Skins where they expect RG3 to carry 80% of the offensive load and get hurt again, then I'd agree with you.

But the Hawks are predicated on 60% run, so all Wilson has to do is exactly what he's been doing............hand the ball off to BeastMode 25 times, manage the game, read defenses and make a few plays here and there.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3iikg2ts said:
Jerhawk":3iikg2ts said:
Unfortunately, I chose sophmore slump. I hope I'm wrong, but if teams stop Russell in the read option, that eliminates a large amount of the yardage our offense was gaining in the second half of the season

IMO the way we play offense is slump proof. If this was the Colts where we expect Russell to throw it 50-60 times a game like Luck, or the Skins where they expect RG3 to carry 80% of the offensive load and get hurt again, then I'd agree with you.

But the Hawks are predicated on 60% run, so all Wilson has to do is exactly what he's been doing............hand the ball off to BeastMode 25 times, manage the game, read defenses and make a few plays here and there.

Dear god, I hope Bevell and Carroll aren't stupid enough to limit Wilson and treat him like a game manager next year.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The important question is: what kind of year with Lynch have? And if his ailments catch up to him, will Turbin fill the void?

Wilson's going to be fine.

DirtSkins

Reaction score
The question is whether or not the league learns to set the edges and really stop these QBs who can buy time and get away. Next year could be different but I doubt it, not by much. Russel just doesn't get sacked. I thought he looked nervous and iffy in the beginning of the year, but he kind of made his own art of scrambling, he figured it out.

I'd have to think many of those plays didn't turn out as drawn up, but successful nonetheless. Due to Russell just finding space to throw. A little 'out of control' but at the same time, totally in Russel's control. That would usually make me nervous, depending on such play to win, but the dude sets the rookie TD record doing it.

It depends on how the team wants to move forward. And that depends on how the league adjusts, but I think it's safe to say there's going to be a whole lot more of Russel avoiding sacks like a family circus cartoon (...the little line drawn all around the field, I always think that with him..lol), and completing passes. Things looking up for RW.

HUGGY

Reaction score
themunn":dv0w6ay8 said:
WestcoastSteve":dv0w6ay8 said:

Brady had just 4 interceptions in 2010.

I think Wilson will continue with the form shown in the final 8 games of the season, which is MVP-worthy. We also face 8 defenses which ranked in the bottom 12 in pass defense this season past - and in that 8 game spell to close out the season, Wilson faced FIVE top 10 pass defenses out of a possible 9 (obiously he can't face us).
It's not out of reason to believe he could have a high TD low INT season - though I don't know if I agree with 4 INTs and 70% completion, I'm thinking more like a 35-6 season with between 5 and 10 rushing TDs and 67% completion

I believe you are very close to what shall occur. Wilson has taken the WRs aside and they are all on board with "The Separation Is In The Preparation" thing 100% He is making many plans and scenerios in his mind and sharing these ideas with the WRs from the films he has studied. Once the rookie he has risen by his own will and dedication to his plan to the undesputed leader of the Seahawk offensive players. There isn't a player on the Seahawks team that doesn't know that there is no QB playing in the NFL that could have done what he did that afternoon in Chicago. There is no QB playing in the NFL including Brady that could have done what Wilson did in Atlanta. Brady played lights out at home in an attempt to come back from the 9ers but that was in NE.

I've never heard of a QB and recievers on a winning team not take off immediately after their last game.

There WILL be separation for his recievers and Wilson will find them because he NEVER stops looking downfield.

Next year is going to be so exciting that I cannot stand the anticipation.

Other coaches will try to stop him but by gametime next fall Wilson will have seen it all and be ready.

His recievers will have seen every coverage that has been played and they will be ready.

Hail WILSON!!!!!