Ansah's stock up after the Senior Bowl

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Ansah's stock up after the Senior Bowl
Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:18 am
  • contrary to one thread in this forum his stock is up.

Ezekiel Ansah: The scary thing about Ansah is that he's already a dominant pass rusher, despite still being raw. Ansah's athleticism is off the charts, and he used it to his advantage on Saturday, racking up 1.5 sacks and 3.5 tackles for a loss, and forced a fumble as well. He's been projected to be drafted somewhere in the teens, but if he keeps impressing people, he could very easily work his way into the top 10.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013-nfl-draft/ ... ock-report
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• This guy makes me mad!!!

One week: This guy isn't going to be a first rounder. (Pete Carroll! please take this guy he's going to be good) <--- me thinking in my head

Next week: He's been projected to be drafted somewhere in the teens, but if he keeps impressing people, he could very easily work his way into the top 10. (Obviously little chance we select him unless we trade up)
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

Re: Ansah's stock up after the Senior Bowl
Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:31 am
  • My thread was referencing Senior Bowl practice week, the game hadn't happened yet. Most NFL Scouts consider the practice week more important than the game itself.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 pm
  • MLOhawks wrote:My thread was referencing Senior Bowl practice week, the game hadn't happened yet. Most NFL Scouts consider the practice week more important than the game itself.

With that said his stock is up.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 pm
  • IMO, Ansah is a stronger, less athletic version of JPP, which to me means a more well rounded player, but less pass rush ability. I think Ansah is more of a 10-12 sack guy, whilst providing great run support.

Quite honestly, I think Ansah's best position might just be 5 technique. He needs a little more weight for that role, but I don't see a pure pass rusher (outside of body type, which can be deceiving).
    Mtjhoyas
    NET Starter

• I don't get it. Just watched his "highlights?" in the Notre Dame game last year. He was almost useless. Constantly out of position...horrible ball awareness. High center of gravity..gets pushed around pretty easily by average blockers. Shows up at the end of running plays but seldom at the bottom of a pile. From the ND clip I wouldn't want him in a Seahawk uniform if he paid us to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFYELG3ItAk
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

• I love watching the kid play because of his effort and athleticism but he isn't a dominant pass rusher.He had 4.5 sacks playing against a lot of weak teams.
    He helps BYUs D in many ways but pass rush is his weakness.
    He is one of the most intriguing players in the draft and I hope he does great things in the NFL.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information