Rumor: Hawks 'highly interested' in acquiring Darrelle Revis

ivotuk

Reaction score
No thank you. Too much risk with his recent injury history and new found diva attitude. Shortly after holding out and getting his new contract, he said he would consider holding out again. Then he has hamstring problems because he held out and missed camp. Now there are rumors he wants 16 million a year? Not worth the risk and that us too much money for one player who is not a QB.

Revis is NOT a team player, I want him nowhere near my Seahawks.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
chris98251":25wj6lrd said:
"They’re going to ask for two [first-round picks],’’ the source said, which coincidentally is the same package they got for receiver Keyshawn Johnson 13 years ago. “It’s going to take probably a first and a third [round pick] and salary . . . picking up the money end of it is a big consideration as well. Maybe a throw-in seventh-round pick depending on how well he does.’’

This is what they are rumored to be asking for a 1 year rental.

This is called stupid trades 101 for any GM that does it.

Actually, a 1st and a 2.

I can see a 1st and Flynn. Wouldn't be stupid trade either if it means Superbowl.
With Sherman and Revis, you have eliminated opposing air attack, leaves you free to drop more around the LOS and your variables of what you can do would be awesome. All your passing would be funneled down the middle in ET territory.. end game.

Any GM that doesn't give it a looksie is called stupid.

Basis4day

Reaction score
It would be a dumb move for the jets.

I see so many suggestions that packaging flynn with a pick will somehow get you revis or fitz. Those are two of the best players in the league and somehow we are going to get them for matt flynn? You want revis or fitz, you're going to need to package an Earl Thomas.

chris98251

Reaction score
We are Super bowl contenders now, there is no gaurentees you make it no matter how you stack your team up. Our biggest issue was internal pass rush. Trade away the top end of your draft for your back up QB your top two picks for a big mouth injured not cleared to play yet CB that is marginally better then what you already have.

This organazation is building to make several runs at a Super Bowl not be one and done.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Basis4day":2liknws3 said:
It would be a dumb move for the jets.

I see so many suggestions that packaging flynn with a pick will somehow get you revis or fitz. Those are two of the best players in the league and somehow we are going to get them for matt flynn? You want revis or fitz, you're going to need to package an Earl Thomas.

I think this (and not Revis's contratct) summarizes the whole situation.
If you are correct, which you very likely may be, than this whole Revis thing is not even worth discussing.

However, if for whatever reason the Jets are "highly interested" in Matt Flynn (which though you doubt IS possible) than Revis is worth talking about. That still doesn't mean this is the right move, but if a superbowl is goal A, B and C than we should at least conversate with the Jets to see what kind of a deal it would take to get Revis.

I wouldn't even trade a first rounder, but if perhaps a 3rd, Flynn, and a player with potential (such as Jeremy Lane) could get the job done than I don't see how you don't make this move.

I would not make that deal if I were the Jets, but would not give much more than that if I were the Hawks.

joeshaney

Reaction score
chris98251":27x41c3c said:
We are Super bowl contenders now, there is no gaurentees you make it no matter how you stack your team up. Our biggest issue was internal pass rush. Trade away the top end of your draft for your back up QB your top two picks for a big mouth injured not cleared to play yet CB that is marginally better then what you already have.

This organazation is building to make several runs at a Super Bowl not be one and done.

Good point, but your making Revis sound like chopped liver.
That's way off base, but your point is still solid.
I would not send any first round picks for Revis and that likely takes us out of the equation. If it does not, however, this deal is still worth considering. No doubt.

chris98251

Reaction score
Until he returns to the form before injury he isn't better then anyone we have. Thats the biggest question. I don't think you take a flier on a guy that may be two years away from being back up to speed at his cost and at the disruption of chemistry.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Peyton manning.

Not exactly apples and apples, but not apples and cucumbers either.

chris98251

Reaction score
There is a long history of players with knee injuries not being back to from until the second year, they are asking to trade him as is now before they have to pay his roster bonus. Manning took 1 1/2 years plus to come back, Peterson was an enigma and did something that was not projected. A player that relies completly on his burst, speed, change of direction and stress on ligements to do all those things is a gamble that isn't necessary for this team.

He could be 100 percent, but do you discard a full house hoping to draw a straight flush?

joeshaney

Reaction score
chris98251":z8ynd8en said:
There is a long history of players with knee injuries not being back to from until the second year, they are asking to trade him as is now before they have to pay his roster bonus. Manning took 1 1/2 years plus to come back, Peterson was an enigma and did something that was not projected. A player that relies completly on his burst, speed, change of direction and stress on ligements to do all those things is a gamble that isn't necessary for this team.

He could be 100 percent, but do you discard a full house hoping to draw a straight flush?

No, but if you have 5 aces and a pair of 2's you could trade an ace and you 2's for a couple of kings....
ok....i think it just got weird....lol

strohmin

Reaction score
If this were the old seahawks.... maybe, but I feel like this team has more potential than what Reevis could bring. I am happy with our DB situation.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2p60nr5c said:
Flynn and Browner or Lane (Jets choice) and our 2nd for Revis and the Jets 3rd.

IF and I repeat.... IF we are interested. That is what we are offering. You know it as well as I do.

jets will probably get 2 1st round draft picks for Revis and they need a lot more than 1 or 2 players they are self destructing worse each year... (I would say I hate it if it wasn't for the fact I love watching them IMPLODE.. be like you guys watching the 49ers implode lol)

bigcc

Reaction score
if Browner expects a pro-bowler type contract when he resigns, the trade starts to make more sense as I don't think he's anywhere near that kind of value

Basis4day

Reaction score
bigcc":1v8hixc4 said:
if Browner expects a pro-bowler type contract when he resigns, the trade starts to make more sense as I don't think he's anywhere near that kind of value

No, but he should probably seek A LOT more than his current contract.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m not sure on this Revis,
But I do know, you have Revis and Sherman

You have something that is unheard of in the NFL, No one had ever had these two type of shutdown players in the same backfield and with ET back for safty YOU do not have a threat of Outside receivers at all.
YOu have just eliminated the passing in a passing league.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3oxzwlhc said:

You have something that is unheard of in the NFL, No one had ever had these two type of shutdown players in the same backfield and with ET back for safty YOU do not have a threat of Outside receivers at all.

Even the best CB's get burned. It happens. The league is also trending towards pass catching TE's. It wasn't your traditional #1 Wide receiver threat that burned us in the passing game. It was slot receivers and TEs.

As much as a Madden like fantasy as this is, it's just not going to happen.

skater18000

Reaction score
Basis4day":1l3s6scq said:
Bobblehead":1l3s6scq said:

Even the best CB's get burned. It happens. The league is also trending towards pass catching TE's. It wasn't your traditional #1 Wide receiver threat that burned us in the passing game. It was slot receivers and TEs.

If we do get Revis, Don't you think we will have a new answer for pass catching TE's. His name is Brandon Browner.

Basis4day

Reaction score
skater18000":rmwc96pc said:
Basis4day":rmwc96pc said:
Bobblehead":rmwc96pc said:

If we do get Revis, Don't you think we will have a new answer for pass catching TE's. His name is Brandon Browner.

Nope. I don't see Browner as a slot guy. It's a different position, different skill set. If by some act of God we did get Revis, i would expect Browner to be traded.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
skater18000":11ibw9bs said:
Basis4day":11ibw9bs said:
Bobblehead":11ibw9bs said:

I have been floating that idea for awhile now, but the performance Browner had in the playoffs suggests now is not the time to move him to a safety role. When he loses a step he can move to safety, but not yet.