Seahawks RT Giacomini undergoes successful elbow surgery

The Outfield

Reaction score
Wow, a lot of surgeries going on this offseason.

I like the comment on the article:
"wagchamp 3 hours ago
I was wondering why he suddenly stopped getting personal fouls and taking stupid penalties in the last leg of the season."

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
He'll do until such time that the Hawks have the luxury of drafting an upgrade for him.

He's a bit too rough around the edges for me. Penalty-wise, he's a liability.

We need an All-Pro type O-line. Thus far we have Okung and Unger playing at a Pro Bowl level.

Sure would be nice to add one of our guards into that mix next year.

I'm hopeful that Carp will return in much better shape than we have seen him thus far.

Axx

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":fy82fc4j said:
He'll do until such time that the Hawks have the luxury of drafting an upgrade for him.

He's a bit too rough around the edges for me. Penalty-wise, he's a liability.

We need an All-Pro type O-line. Thus far we have Okung and Unger playing at a Pro Bowl level.

Sure would be nice to add one of our guards into that mix next year.

I'm hopeful that Carp will return in much better shape than we have seen him thus far.

He (And Okung) has been much improved in the penalty department.
Breno is pretty good, the only position that needs to be looked at as a priority it RG and if Carpenter can return like Okung and Unger off injuries then have pro bowl seasons.

But if we can find another pro bowler at RT in the 4th-5th round i say take him.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
The only true weakness we have on the line is Sweezy.

Giacomini showed that he can control the penalties, and the progress he made this year was phenomenal.

Axx

Reaction score
bigdaddydave":19458ke6 said:

Giacomini showed that he can control the penalties, and the progress he made this year was phenomenal.

Giacomini is not the hero this city needs, but the one it deserves.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Ya, Giac went from me jumping off the coach screaming at him in the first half of the season to me jumping off the coach and cheering him in second half... it really seems the turning point was that tv shot of him sitting on the bench fuming after getting yanked from the game for another 15 yard personal foul. I don't think he was fuming about being yanked as much as fuming at himself and decided to fix it then and there. He did and I think he played really well after that... he's a bad ass that proved he can use it to his advantage but still keep it under control... and really shows on the field to be a great teammate and team player.... him and his tiny helmet have grown on me.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Not overly surprised at this. Pete said in his season ending presser that there'd be quite a few players having minor surgeries to "clean things up and fix minor things" but he expected to have mostly everyone back for Training camp (I'm guessing the mostly part was for Clem....that one is the only worrisome injury I think we have)

Reaction score
bigdaddydave":9dgtuo2w said:

Agreed. Giacomini made huge strides in his game. Love his nastiness, too.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I'll admit he's had huge improvement in his overall play and the penalty department, but he still hasn't won me over just yet. :Dunno:

Hamhawk

Reaction score
seahawksfan4ever":c43frwlf said:
bigdaddydave":c43frwlf said:

Agreed. Giacomini made huge strides in his game. Love his nastiness, too.
Tom Cable sees something he really likes in Sweezy,...and Sweezy did make a momumental leap going from defense to offense last year,...if he continues to improve at the same rate, he may be an outstanding player,....maybe even by next season,...