Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Can't compete with 49ers and Rams

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Seahawks who?

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
How well do you all think the Seahawks will be regarded going into the 2013 season. I know its early considering we still have FA and the draft ahead of us, but still...

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Top 10. We proved that to be the case. And we'll be given the benefit of the doubt for the first quarter of the season. if we suck it up than it will be the same as usual. If we come out on fire next year than the Sehawks love will grow quickly.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I think top 5. A lot of people expected us to go to the NFC championship, if not the Super Bowl. However, I'd almost prefer if they'd underestimate us again. I enjoy when our team is underestimated.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I say top 10. There'll be other teams they'll randomly put over us because of free agent signings or coaches they hired.

Overall, we'll probably fly under the radar for most of the offseason until the season starts and we start winning

12th_Bob

Reaction score
First, they need to discuss the Jets, then Tebow, maybe after the darlings(Steelers, Patriots, Packers, NFC East, and now the 49ers) get their say someone will remember oh yes Seattle has a team, "still not strong enough to be anything special" narrative I would imagine.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going Top 5. Prognosticators love trends. And the Seahawks are one of the hottest upward trending teams in the NFL. With The Russell Wilson Factor, they are too irresistible to avoid if you are a national mediot who likes to be proved right at the end of the year.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Top 5 I say. Look what they did with the 49ers when the finally started to do something with their team. If history is any indicator they should be placing Seattle in the top 5 for sure. :mrgreen:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Considering the long-time knock on the Hawks, it's going to depend on how we start on the road.

If we win on the road early in the year, the Hawks will be referred to as an elite (top 5) team.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I voted top 5, we are on an upward swing and don't see that changing with the current mindset of the team.

hawker84

Reaction score
Top 5... Wilson, Lynch and Sherman alone will warrant the top 5 discussion to start the season... if we have a good "champion type off season" as wilson stated you can count on it.

JKent82

Reaction score
razgriz737":37cpwnmk said:
You can almost guarantee teams like the Cowboys will somehow be ranked higher than us. I said top 10.

That's why I say top 10. Preseason perennials always show up.

Axx

Reaction score
well last year we started as a team ranked in the 20s for most power rankings.

sutz

Reaction score
Top 5. Don't underestimate the Wash win in the playoffs. The media respects teams that win on the road in the playoffs.

They'll fall short of predicting us for the SB, but we'll be in the discussion for top 5, for sure.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I think we're the best team in the country, but I could easily see the mediots ranking the Patriots, Packers, Ravens, Broncos, Falcons, and Whiners ahead of us. Just my opinion.

kearly

Reaction score
I say option #1. Seattle dominated in the 2nd half of the season. Maybe I am on crack, but it sure as hell seemed like the Seahawks were the "darlings" of the 2012 postseason in the eyes of the national media. They completely demolished the NFC Champions and possible SB champions on national TV after a week of wall to wall hype. I think people have figured out how good this team is.

This is what I am expecting to hear dozens of times between now and next September: "Whoever wins the NFC West will win it all." The 49ers are in the Superbowl this week, but as things stand now it feels like the Seahawks will enter next season with even more hype.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I, too, voted for a Top 5 prediction from the National Media. This would be especially true if John Schnieder were to trade up in the Draft and get us a Top 10 pick.....that sort of move always gets the ESPN tongues a waggin'......I can just hear John Clayton now.