Seahawks RT Giacomini undergoes successful elbow surgery

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• Wow, a lot of surgeries going on this offseason.

I like the comment on the article:
    "wagchamp 3 hours ago
    I was wondering why he suddenly stopped getting personal fouls and taking stupid penalties in the last leg of the season."
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Love Breno.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Breno is a BA!
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• He'll do until such time that the Hawks have the luxury of drafting an upgrade for him.

He's a bit too rough around the edges for me. Penalty-wise, he's a liability.

We need an All-Pro type O-line. Thus far we have Okung and Unger playing at a Pro Bowl level.

Sure would be nice to add one of our guards into that mix next year.

I'm hopeful that Carp will return in much better shape than we have seen him thus far.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Carp is going to be a mauler at guard. He just needs to stay healthy.

Our left side was dominating in the run game with him and Okung.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• onanygivensunday wrote:He'll do until such time that the Hawks have the luxury of drafting an upgrade for him.

He's a bit too rough around the edges for me. Penalty-wise, he's a liability.

We need an All-Pro type O-line. Thus far we have Okung and Unger playing at a Pro Bowl level.

Sure would be nice to add one of our guards into that mix next year.

I'm hopeful that Carp will return in much better shape than we have seen him thus far.

He (And Okung) has been much improved in the penalty department.
    Breno is pretty good, the only position that needs to be looked at as a priority it RG and if Carpenter can return like Okung and Unger off injuries then have pro bowl seasons.

But if we can find another pro bowler at RT in the 4th-5th round i say take him.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• The only true weakness we have on the line is Sweezy.

Giacomini showed that he can control the penalties, and the progress he made this year was phenomenal.
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

• bigdaddydave wrote:The only true weakness we have on the line is Sweezy.

Giacomini showed that he can control the penalties, and the progress he made this year was phenomenal.

Giacomini is not the hero this city needs, but the one it deserves.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Ya, Giac went from me jumping off the coach screaming at him in the first half of the season to me jumping off the coach and cheering him in second half... it really seems the turning point was that tv shot of him sitting on the bench fuming after getting yanked from the game for another 15 yard personal foul. I don't think he was fuming about being yanked as much as fuming at himself and decided to fix it then and there. He did and I think he played really well after that... he's a bad ass that proved he can use it to his advantage but still keep it under control... and really shows on the field to be a great teammate and team player.... him and his tiny helmet have grown on me.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• Not overly surprised at this. Pete said in his season ending presser that there'd be quite a few players having minor surgeries to "clean things up and fix minor things" but he expected to have mostly everyone back for Training camp (I'm guessing the mostly part was for Clem....that one is the only worrisome injury I think we have)
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• bigdaddydave wrote:The only true weakness we have on the line is Sweezy.

Agreed. Giacomini made huge strides in his game. Love his nastiness, too.
    seahawksfan4ever
    NET Bench Warmer

• I'll admit he's had huge improvement in his overall play and the penalty department, but he still hasn't won me over just yet. :Dunno:
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• seahawksfan4ever wrote:
    bigdaddydave wrote:The only true weakness we have on the line is Sweezy.

Agreed. Giacomini made huge strides in his game. Love his nastiness, too.

Tom Cable sees something he really likes in Sweezy,...and Sweezy did make a momumental leap going from defense to offense last year,...if he continues to improve at the same rate, he may be an outstanding player,....maybe even by next season,...
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information