Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:53 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 pm
Posts: 5
I'm a Niner fan but I come in peace!

I was listening to a radio show, and they interviewed our long snapper who has been on the team since 2000. They asked him how loud was Atlanta and if it was the loudest he'd been in since they claimed to be the loudest in the NFL. He said no it wasn't the loudest, and that it was like a regular road game. He then said that Seattle was much louder, and that it wasn't even close.

Cheers!


Edit - Sorry I said 6th man, I had basketball on my mind..


Last edited by Nikefutbolero on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:57 pm 
* NET Bad Ass *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 am
Posts: 1935
Location: Puyallup
Thanks for posting this.
As a season ticket holder, I like this.

Anyway........
I hope you lose but I have money on the Niners.

_________________
GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
DROPPIN' THE NOISE HAMMER AT THE SOUTH ALASKA INSANE ASYLUM


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:11 pm 
* NET Bad Ass *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 am
Posts: 1935
Location: Puyallup
lol, the 6th man will come when we get the NBA back.
Instead of being known as "12s" online, the Sonics fans will be known as "Detlefs"

_________________
GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
DROPPIN' THE NOISE HAMMER AT THE SOUTH ALASKA INSANE ASYLUM


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:35 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22874
Location: Kirkland, WA
Welcome, and definitely the right way to start a topic when you're new on a Seahawks forum. :th2thumbs:

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:47 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13470
Location: King In The North
Hey 9er fan. Leave.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Posts: 2539
Zebulon Dak wrote:
Hey 9er fan. Leave.


he comes in peace though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
well that's because we pump in noise, and the stadium is built like an amplifier. every niner fan knows this?

joking, welcome and thanks for the post...

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:20 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18016
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Always some that will try to light the fuse in any situation. :141847_bnono:

Thanks very much for posting that info. We've heard from many Niner fans that the noise at Seahawks Stadium is unparralled and they wished they had it.

Who knows...maybe in your new stadium.

And welcome to Seahawks.net

:les:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:35 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13470
Location: King In The North
Calling the 12th Man the 6th Man is coming in peace? I don't think so.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6409
Yeah this recent influx of "I come in peace" posters is kind of fishy.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:17 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:46 am
Posts: 362
Location: Kingston, WA
Closet fans.
Jealous that their team isn't as fun to watch and root for as ours.

:stirthepot:

GO HAWKS!!

_________________
"Doug Baldwin doesn't get separation, he gets a divorce." -NorthDallas40oz


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:38 pm 
* NET Recluse *
* NET Recluse *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 2472
-The Glove- wrote:
Yeah this recent influx of "I come in peace" posters is kind of fishy.


It's downright ODD, considering they have a fairly big game coming up. Why this week? Why not closer to
next season. And they aren't just registering and lurking, it's all this "come in peace" stuff.

Maybe what I've been hearing is true, that longtime Niner fans, who are no better or worse than most people, although
they root for the wrong team, are getting sick and tired of the new fans joining their ranks and behaving like assholes
and seeking refuge elsewhere.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9209
Location: Renton Wa.
Jesus, he said a compliment, as a 49ers fan he may not know the proper name, 12th man or 6th man the point was we were acknowledged as louder.

Go beat the red headed step child guys, seems that many are just looking for a fight.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:49 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13470
Location: King In The North
chris98251 wrote:
Jesus, he said a compliment, as a 49ers fan he may not know the proper name, 12th man or 6th man the point was we were acknowledged as louder.

Go beat the red headed step child guys, seems that many are just looking for a fight.


He knows it's not 6th man. If he's a football fan he knows that.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6409
chris98251 wrote:
Jesus, he said a compliment, as a 49ers fan he may not know the proper name, 12th man or 6th man the point was we were acknowledged as louder.

Go beat the red headed step child guys, seems that many are just looking for a fight.


I refuse to believe any reasonable football fan would not know that Seahawks fans are considered the 12th Man. A divisional rival's fan? Right...not buying it.

Did I mention that "come in peace" stuff is kind of fishy?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:10 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 am
Posts: 1307
Even if he said "6th man," big whoop. It's a joke, lighten up. The emphasis of the topic was in good taste, and a definite compliment. I guess not everyone knows how to take a light joke, and gets a little too easily offended. Settle down.

And thanks for the post Nike.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4678
Location: The 5-0
I have been experiencing more and more of this kind of love from 49er fans as of late. The old addage; "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" comes to mind. ;)

Thanks for the nice thread, 9er fan. I've not decided if I can root for your team or not. It's you, our hated rivals vs. a team lead by a "changed man" that has never paid his debt to society.

This is a tough one for me.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:18 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13470
Location: King In The North
Where the hell's peaches when I need him? Never there.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:37 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8617
Location: PNW
Zebulon Dak wrote:
Where the hell's peaches when I need him? Never there.


I'm sure he's off somewhere eating warm bread and calling it pudding.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:52 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 471
HawkWow wrote:
I have been experiencing more and more of this kind of love from 49er fans as of late. The old addage; "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" comes to mind. ;)

Thanks for the nice thread, 9er fan. I've not decided if I can root for your team or not. It's you, our hated rivals vs. a team lead by a "changed man" that has never paid his debt to society.

This is a tough one for me.



this!! I get forgiveness. but he professes his life change and calling and people just swoon and some of those same people are haters of men like shaun alexander and tim tebow. but I don't like the niners either! :141847_bnono:

_________________
I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:55 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm
Posts: 1218
Location: Florence, Oregon
IMO... I think their's a mutual respect developing between Seahawk and 49er fans over our performances in the playoffs. I think Seahawk fans and Niner fans all know that our teams are the best up and coming teams in the NFL. I think the NFC West is going to decide who the NFC Champions are for the next 10 years. I think the Niners may get shafted because the lead-up to this Super Bowl reminds me too much of Super Bowl XL with Ray Lewis retiring, Ed Reed returning home and possibly retiring, the Niners homefield through the playoffs like the Hawks did heading to Super Bowl XL. I hope it's not and I hope to see a good game, but I'm getting horrible vibes from the NFL heading into this game. Very reminiscent of "One for the Thumb"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:59 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13470
Location: King In The North
I know way too many 48ers fans to respect them.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:03 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 471
haha

_________________
I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:14 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:09 pm
Posts: 1765
Location: Central Washington
Zebulon Dak wrote:
Where the hell's peaches when I need him? Never there.


I ain't buying it either Zeb. With no responce to his own thread as of this posting. The "I come in peace" crap ain't flying here.

The 6th man quip is obviously a barb, a low blow, a shot below the belt.

Hey Nike? speaking of low blows, how's business? I reckon down there you must have your hands/mouth full.

And you spell it, Football. You can thank me some other time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13470
Location: King In The North
I just don't get it. If we were in the Super Bowl this week the last thing I would even be thinking about is the goddam 49ers. Or any other team besides the one we're playing against for that matter.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:10 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 pm
Posts: 5
Lol sorry guys, I said 6th man because I am a Kings fans and for a longtime were known as the loudest '6th" man in the league. We even have the 6 up in the rafters for the fans. With the whole Kings moving thing, 6th man came to mind. I do know its the 12th man btw..Just a mistake.


As far as the "futbolero" in my name, I was born in Mexico and grew up playing competitive soccer up until college. So I consider myself a "futbolero", someone who plays "futbol" aka soccer. 8)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 pm
Posts: 5
Zebulon Dak wrote:
I just don't get it. If we were in the Super Bowl this week the last thing I would even be thinking about is the goddam 49ers. Or any other team besides the one we're playing against for that matter.


Ive had a whole week thinking about everything that has to do with the SB. I know my team inside and out and all that's on TV is nothing by Harbowl (we don't like it as much as you do) and Ray Lewis. I'm tired of the type of coverage it's getting and it just makes things go by slower, so I will just wait until Saturday night to start thinking about the game again. I will listen to PTI, Around the Horn, Mike and Mike, podcasts, as well listen to KNBR and CBS radio all week at work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:46 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13470
Location: King In The North
Hmmmm... ok. Well... Go Ravens!

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22874
Location: Kirkland, WA
Zebulon Dak wrote:
Hmmmm... ok. Well... Go Ravens!


They have to pretend they were fans over the past decade and watching every game the whole time, so they come here to just "talk football". Sort of like how some people try to pretend they visit with all their family members regularly throughout the year when they gather for around the holidays.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 pm
Posts: 5
RolandDeschain wrote:
Zebulon Dak wrote:
Hmmmm... ok. Well... Go Ravens!


They have to pretend they were fans over the past decade and watching every game the whole time, so they come here to just "talk football". Sort of like how some people try to pretend they visit with all their family members regularly throughout the year when they gather for around the holidays.


See I could easily respond to that in a lot of ways that would ruffle your feathers but I didn't come to troll...

I was trying to compliment you guys but obviously it's pointless, so I'll stay away and focus on the SB :lol:..

Good luck in the future guys.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:26 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13470
Location: King In The North
Thanks. Go Ravens!

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:32 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 pm
Posts: 881
Location: Denver, Colorado
Haha! Getem Zeb!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:12 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
Hmmmm....

Let's look at the facts here. First, he's a niner fan. That's already pretty bad. Then, he starts a thread about Seattle's "6th man", and obvious slight to the 12s. THEN, he acknowlegdes the mistake, claiming that he's a KINGS fan. just so happens the Kings are being moved to Seattle next season.

There's only one reasonable conclusion here:

TROLL.

Ban him. Or move this to the shack. Sorry I couldn't be here sooner, I was eating warm bread an calling it pudding.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 6th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:29 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17511
Location: Graham, WA
Zebulon Dak wrote:
Calling the 12th Man the 6th Man is coming in peace? I don't think so.


Well the Sonics are coming back, so.... Ya know... We were kinda loud in the Key back in the day.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 690
Geez guys...how did you all find a way to jump on the OP? I am starting to think that some of you are trying to provoke us Niner fans in hopes we will blow up and ultimately get banned. He gave you a reason for the 6th man slip up, and gave you guys tons of props in his OP. How do you take that negatively?

The way this thread turned out has convinced me that if I want to be around on here so I can talk to some Hawk fans next season, I am going to have to be more on my guard for the ones who are trying to get us Niner fans banned from the site.

_________________
DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
NinerLifer wrote:
Geez guys...how did you all find a way to jump on the OP? I am starting to think that some of you are trying to provoke us Niner fans in hopes we will blow up and ultimately get banned. He gave you a reason for the 6th man slip up, and gave you guys tons of props in his OP. How do you take that negatively?

The way this thread turned out has convinced me that if I want to be around on here so I can talk to some Hawk fans next season, I am going to have to be more on my guard for the ones who are trying to get us Niner fans banned from the site.


You've obviously not been on the internet very long. Trolling is a art to these people. The come on with gushing praise, but insert subtle little barbs that they can show all their little teenage friends and giggle about. I'll not have it.

I already outlined why I think he's a troll. the Kings fan comment proved it. That, and there's really no other reason to come on a Seahawks board as a niner fan and NOT just talk about football or talk smack. Do Seahawks fans go to 49erwebzone and talk about how great Candledick park is, or how awesome youe coach is, or how classy your fans are? NO. Because we're rivals. We hate you, you hate us. We're happy to have intelligent conversations about actual football, but I WILL NOT tolerate trolls coming here under false pretenses just to wind everyone up.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:08 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 690
But back on topic...

I too agree that your stadium is scary loud, something I know you pride yourselves in.

Question...do you guys sometimes wonder if the huge home field advantage your team benefits from, causes more of a negative impact on road games than most teams experience?

_________________
DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 690
peachesenregalia wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:
Geez guys...how did you all find a way to jump on the OP? I am starting to think that some of you are trying to provoke us Niner fans in hopes we will blow up and ultimately get banned. He gave you a reason for the 6th man slip up, and gave you guys tons of props in his OP. How do you take that negatively?

The way this thread turned out has convinced me that if I want to be around on here so I can talk to some Hawk fans next season, I am going to have to be more on my guard for the ones who are trying to get us Niner fans banned from the site.


You've obviously not been on the internet very long. Trolling is a art to these people. The come on with gushing praise, but insert subtle little barbs that they can show all their little teenage friends and giggle about. I'll not have it.

I already outlined why I think he's a troll. the Kings fan comment proved it. That, and there's really no other reason to come on a Seahawks board as a niner fan and NOT just talk about football or talk smack. Do Seahawks fans go to 49erwebzone and talk about how great Candledick park is, or how awesome youe coach is, or how classy your fans are? NO. Because we're rivals. We hate you, you hate us. We're happy to have intelligent conversations about actual football, but I WILL NOT tolerate trolls coming here under false pretenses just to wind everyone up.


I respect your way of thinking. Again I see the webzone brought up. I asked before if that site is one of the reasons for the negative opinion about us. Have you been to 49ers.com? We have heard that webzone is quite ridiculous as it is filled with mostly teenagers that like you said just enjoy causing trouble so they can laugh about it at their little lunch table at school.

And just for the record, I am in my low 30's and have been on the Internet for quite a while LOL. As a teenager I frequented yahoo style chat rooms where this behavior was the norm.

_________________
DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:23 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
NinerLifer wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:
Geez guys...how did you all find a way to jump on the OP? I am starting to think that some of you are trying to provoke us Niner fans in hopes we will blow up and ultimately get banned. He gave you a reason for the 6th man slip up, and gave you guys tons of props in his OP. How do you take that negatively?

The way this thread turned out has convinced me that if I want to be around on here so I can talk to some Hawk fans next season, I am going to have to be more on my guard for the ones who are trying to get us Niner fans banned from the site.


You've obviously not been on the internet very long. Trolling is a art to these people. The come on with gushing praise, but insert subtle little barbs that they can show all their little teenage friends and giggle about. I'll not have it.

I already outlined why I think he's a troll. the Kings fan comment proved it. That, and there's really no other reason to come on a Seahawks board as a niner fan and NOT just talk about football or talk smack. Do Seahawks fans go to 49erwebzone and talk about how great Candledick park is, or how awesome youe coach is, or how classy your fans are? NO. Because we're rivals. We hate you, you hate us. We're happy to have intelligent conversations about actual football, but I WILL NOT tolerate trolls coming here under false pretenses just to wind everyone up.


I respect your way of thinking. Again I see the webzone brought up. I asked before if that site is one of the reasons for the negative opinion about us. Have you been to 49ers.com? We have heard that webzone is quite ridiculous as it is filled with mostly teenagers that like you said just enjoy causing trouble so they can laugh about it at their little lunch table at school.

And just for the record, I am in my low 30's and have been on the Internet for quite a while LOL. As a teenager I frequented yahoo style chat rooms where this behavior was the norm.


Webzone is one reason. We've also gotten an influx of 49er trolls beginning last year. Glory-hunting bandwagoners who want to come and stir up shit now that you have something to back it up with.

Anyway, we welcome intelligent discourse, we do not welcome trolling, subtle or overt, on this forum. And as long as I'm the .net starfish, I'll not have trolls having their way with the forum.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:27 am 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21127
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
This whole exchange is rather funny. :lol:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:30 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17511
Location: Graham, WA
Officer Benji over here.

lmaoooo

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:46 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
Throwdown wrote:
Officer Benji over here.

lmaoooo


Goddamn right.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:10 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13470
Location: King In The North
Better late than never.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:40 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4343
Location: Auburn, WA
That's awesome.. Just about a week ago, while driving through Eastern Oregon, I picked up KNBR (SF Sports) and they had the radio play by play guy on. He was all over the Hawks, saying that he was very concerned when the Hawks went up in ATL and felt that they coming to SF would have been tougher than playing ATL in GA. He also noted that the Niners dodged a bullet by beating NE because if the Niners were to find themselves in Seattle that they would have little chance of winning there. Specifically noting it as the loudest crowd he has ever heard. Mentioned that there are many places that can get loud, but the fans have to actually make the noise and that Seattle fans never quit.

Then they both talked about how the Hawks got jobbed in 2005 by the refs, hoping that the whole Ray-Ray retirement story doesn't affect the game.

I actually listened to 2 solid hours of Niner-love after that because those guys were reppin' the 12's.

Any Niner fan giving the 12's props for noise is OK in my book. Usually the average Niner fan claims it is pumped in. Which is kind of dumb because stuff like that just makes it worse on game day.

I have to admit, if you ever get a chance to be on the field (I get to for pre-game sometimes) and you wait for the intros, you will get an idea of how loud it really is. From the field, it feels like the fans are right on top of you, like they are RIGHT THERE. You can easily pick people out of the crowd and the one time I was on the field for kickoff, it was like thunder. I could only imagine how loud it is during the game.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:44 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4343
Location: Auburn, WA
I do worry that other stadiums are going to copy the Clink design, but like the guys on KNBR said, the fans still have to make the noise in the first place.

I SO enjoy knowing that we are so loud that an investigation was done and found NOTHING.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:51 pm 
* NET Bad Ass *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 am
Posts: 1935
Location: Puyallup
loafoftatupu wrote:
I do worry that other stadiums are going to copy the Clink design, but like the guys on KNBR said, the fans still have to make the noise in the first place.

I SO enjoy knowing that we are so loud that an investigation was done and found NOTHING.


The 68,000 friends that I go to the game with can rock any stadium with any configuration.
We just try harder. It's the people that make the difference.

_________________
GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
DROPPIN' THE NOISE HAMMER AT THE SOUTH ALASKA INSANE ASYLUM


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm
Posts: 6185
Hey I'm a niner fan... My team just made the SB, I think I'll go to my biggest rival and pretend like I come in peace when what I am really doing is trying to rub it in that my team is still playing and theirs isn't.

I hope the Niners get blown out so we can stop hearing about how 49er fans respect us.

_________________
SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
Posts: 2373
Location: Sammamish, WA
No doubt. It's bad enough they have a d'bag coach, a QB who trademarks kissing how own bicep, a WR who says he's the best ever, when he plays for the team that had Jerry Flippen Rice, but now they have a guy saying his team would not welcome openly gay players.

It's one thing after another with this team. As far as I'm concerned, they are becoming the most classless team in the league. Their fans are real peaches too.

_________________
60 percent of the time..........it works........every time


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:15 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7225
Location: Eastern Washington
Hmm. I just can't manage to gin up that much anger and hate and indignation over digits fans coming here and engaging in civil conversation. My first thought was that I don't understand how people here could get so worked up about possible ulterior motives and insults disguised as mistakes.

But then I thought of how I would respond if it was some random Shittsburgh fan who came to banter. (It wouldn't be pretty.) Sooo...

Carry on.

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:39 am 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4343
Location: Auburn, WA
There is no doubt that Niner fans are coming here looking for attention. I don't care about that. They are doing it here because they know the Seahawks are their nightmare of the future.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.