What's up 12's......I come in peace!

fsmassey

Reaction score
The truth of the matter is that the Seahawks and 49ers are much more similar than they are different. Personally, I recently converted to a Seahawks fan from being primarily a niners fan. Yes, the niners have some bad apples of fans, but responding with blind hatred is a low, low thing to do.

If you don't look at the history of these two teams, the Niners and Hawks, only the present, you see two very, very similar teams. These teams are emerging from the dark ages, and quickly becoming feared across the league by overcoming odds and toppling big opponents. The niners have eliminated their underdog status halfway through this season, and I think its safe to say that nobody will underestimate the Seahawks anymore. We both have two young QB's, and intelligent coaches. (You can call Harbaugh a douche all you want, but there's no denying the man has turned around the Niners organization since he's been there). Both teams have outstanding defenses, the top two in the league.

I hope the Niners win the SB this year, because the Hawks are out, and because I think the players themselves deserve more than anything. And I think they will.

For a topic of discussion, lets talk about this. The Niners are great. But they are vulnerable in their own division (Rams have their number, and Seattle will stand toe to toe with them until the end.) Do you think the Niners or the Seahawks will have the better of the rivalry?

OP
OP
NinerLifer

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Just to answer a question that has been brought up multiple times, I have been trying to register on here for about 2 years now ever since Harbaugh took over as I knew there would be a rivalry between our two teams given the history of our coaches. It was just recently that I was finally approved. I registered primarily for the ability to talk to the intelligent posters on here during next season.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2osglu4i said:
Just to answer a question that has been brought up multiple times, I have been trying to register on here for about 2 years now ever since Harbaugh took over as I knew there would be a rivalry between our two teams given the history of our coaches. It was just recently that I was finally approved. I registered primarily for the ability to talk to the intelligent posters on here during next season.
That's fine. Just do yourself a favor and don't bring up Lombardi's. That is what the trolls use. Just sayin....

Zowert

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2qxo7b75 said:
NinerLifer":2qxo7b75 said:
That's fine. Just do yourself a favor and don't bring up Lombardi's. That is what the trolls use. Just sayin....

Exactly.

49ers Fan: When in doubt, one simple sentence will win you any argument against a fan from a rival team - "Oh yeah? Well, FIVE RINGS! Beat that!"

Five Lombardi trophies, I can't argue with that. However, most of the fans who bring up "FIVE RINGS" were still learning how to crap in a toilet instead of their pants. Since all but one (1994) of those rings were obtained in the 1980's and a lot of internet arguments come from football fans [not only 49ers fans, but fans of all teams] in their twenties. Then there are the kids who were not even conceived when the 49ers won their last Superbowl, 18 & under, but still like to use the Lombardi argument.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Zowert":1w03eloi said:
Exactly.

49ers Fan: When in doubt, one simple sentence will win you any argument against a fan from a rival team - "Oh yeah? Well, FIVE RINGS! Beat that!"

Five Lombardi trophies, I can't argue with that. However, most of the fans who bring up "FIVE RINGS" were still learning how to crap in a toilet instead of their pants. Since all but one (1994) of those rings were obtained in the 1980's and a lot of internet arguments come from football fans [not only 49ers fans, but fans of all teams] in their twenties. Then there are the kids who were not even conceived when the 49ers won their last Superbowl, 18 & under, but still like to use the Lombardi argument.

Thats the crap I hate the most about niner fans. Mostly the young ones who can't even talk football and the first damn thing out of their mouth is, "You suck, your team sucks, all teams suck. Who has it better than us?! 5 Super Bowls! No losses!"

Damn front running mouth breathers. If they didn't see even the last one in 94 then my respect is very limited for them. :49ersmall:

OP
OP
NinerLifer

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Zowert":c095zbnv said:
Seahwkgal":c095zbnv said:
NinerLifer":c095zbnv said:

Exactly.

Yep I can understand that. Being in my low 30's I can at least say that I was indeed alive for all 5 SB's, but obviously don't remember the first ones.

hawker84

Reaction score
i'm in my 40's and i barely remember our one and only championship by the sonics... i remember the players but don't remember the game... it's almost as if it didn't really happen.. and that's fustrating for me.... we've had 3 professional teams in washington for 30+ years and one championship to show for it... it's hard to be a washington state sports fan sometimes. Especially when your a cougar to boot. LOL

but i honestly think that's what makes us such a great Fanbase... because despite of that, we are still 100% behind our teams.. every bit as rabid last year as we were this year, every bit rabid this year as we were in 05... and yes we have high hopes for next year, but regardless of the season outcome, we'll still be lined up on the side of the road, saying thank you to our team.. As long as our organizations are showing us they're trying, they will always have our support.

only a few professional franchises can feel our pain, so to come in here and rub their past success in our face, is really a huge slap in the face, which is why trolls from any team that come on here is attacked unmercifully and thrown out like yesterday's garbage. wanna talk football , great welcome.. want to throw your franchise in our face, see ya down the road.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
hawker84":1rx0hq6l said:
i'm in my 40's and i barely remember our one and only championship by the sonics... i remember the players but don't remember the game... it's almost as if it didn't really happen.. and that's fustrating for me.... we've had 3 professional teams in washington for 30+ years and one championship to show for it... it's hard to be a washington state sports fan sometimes. Especially when your a cougar to boot. LOL

but i honestly think that's what makes us such a great Fanbase... because despite of that, we are still 100% behind our teams.. every bit as rabid last year as we were this year, every bit rabid this year as we were in 05... and yes we have high hopes for next year, but regardless of the season outcome, we'll still be lined up on the side of the road, saying thank you to our team.. As long as our organizations are showing us they're trying, they will always have our support.

only a few professional franchises can feel our pain, so to come in here and rub their past success in our face, is really a huge slap in the face, which is why trolls from any team that come on here is attacked unmercifully and thrown out like yesterday's garbage. wanna talk football , great welcome.. want to throw your franchise in our face, see ya down the road.

Interesting as the Niners have been in play since the mid-40's, not winning a championship until the Niners were 35 years old. I think the Hawks are like 36-37 now. So their long time fans had to wait a while too.