THE CELEBRITY OF RUSSELL WILSON

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very good point SSEHAWK, this is exactly why I can't stand Klapperdink, he's all about "look at me, look at me" it's beyond annoying. Wilson is a true leader, and is about TEAM first.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Im almost embarrased at my man-love for him where I click on every link where he's doing a TV or radio interview, even if he is going to be asked the same questions. Termendous on and off the field. I guess it comes from never having this kind of potential as a franchise Seahawk QB....anyone else find yourself wondering sometimes if this kid is too good to be true?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3oavjtcb said:
No other Seahawks player, or really any other Seattle sports icon, has come close to this big of a splash so quickly.

Griffey became THE FACE of Major League Baseball almost immedietely. The guy was hyped like Lebron coming out and 'dat swing.

Ichiro and A-Rod had MVP numbers in their first complete seasons and got plenty of media attention. I agree that Russell has gone off the charts, but it's a little unfair to say no other young Seattle sports superstars have come close to this.

hawker84

Reaction score
another sports figure that came to mind as far as the city of Seattle and state of washington embraced him and was beloved by all, and the media ate him up was randy Johnson, when he came out of the bullpen to close that game, that got us into the playoffs... of course there was the Edgar triple, that was huge sports wise, but he was never a national media darling..

ya i'd have to agree, Jr. is probably the closest we've had... Wow to think we've had some great players in all sports come through here over the years, and RW has made a bigger splash then all of them... amazing.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkFan72":8n9bde9d said:
And that just means more exposure for the Hawks too. NFL Network will want to show more Seahawk highlights because of Russell Wilson. They will get more Seahawk interviews because of Russell Wilson. We will get more primetime games because of Russell Wilson.

I love it.

I wonder how many Sunday and Monday night games we get this year because of Russell Wilson? I'd guess that we get equal time with SF, Denver, New England and Green Bay!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Riley12":2rt93noi said:
loafoftatupu":2rt93noi said:
Elusive
Fast
Accurate
Big Arm
Nice Touch
Super High football IQ
Avoids the big hit
Pocket passer
Can pass on the run
Can pass in the air
Can pass off back foot
Can pass across body
Incredible work ethic
Humble
Professional
Honest
Proud to be a Seahawk
Amazing person
Coolest customer ever

My apologies. I've been in schools so long that I thought you were trying to put together some kind of acrostic poem
about Wilson and I was thinking, "What a complete dipshit!"

Never... Ever... use Poetry in a reference to me. I should have used a numbering/bullet system. I actually meant to list "Pros" at the top for reason he gets attention, then I was going to list the "Cons" and there just wasn't any.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Wilson could announce he was the return of the Green River killer and he would be lauded for keeping the streets clean.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Surprised no one has started a Wilson Haiku Thread!

Russell Wilson moves.
A ball is thrown.
More history is written.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have NFLN on downstairs, pretty much all day long during football season, so when I get coffee, take breaks or whatever I can rewind it and check stuff out, it seems like every 15-30 minutes, I hear a call from Raible screaming "Touchdown Seahawks", so I go down to check it out and it is some reference to RW in some way, whether they are running tape of him or interviewing him, the guy is getting a lot of coverage.

Normally that kind of attention bothers me in how the player might react to it, but not with Russell, you just KNOW that he is going to handle it like he does everything else.

DericLee

Reaction score
We are all blessed to have him as our QB.

Never felt this way about our team before(I started watching around '85).

Jerhawk

Reaction score
There's never been a player on this team since I've been watching them where I really root for them as a person more than just the fact they're wearing a Seahawk uniform.

It's great having him on this team, and we all hope he plays his whole career here.

I can't wait to see what the future holds for him. We can't thank this guy enough. What a remarkable person and player.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I wonder how many "New" Hawk fans have arrived since we drafted him? My brother says his following is HUGE. Everybody just loves this kid.

OP
OP
LawlessHawk

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1h2skgt6 said:
I have NFLN on downstairs, pretty much all day long during football season, so when I get coffee, take breaks or whatever I can rewind it and check stuff out, it seems like every 15-30 minutes, I hear a call from Raible screaming "Touchdown Seahawks", so I go down to check it out and it is some reference to RW in some way, whether they are running tape of him or interviewing him, the guy is getting a lot of coverage.

Normally that kind of attention bothers me in how the player might react to it, but not with Russell, you just KNOW that he is going to handle it like he does everything else.

I commute to work about an hour each way, so I'm listening to the early morning and evening sports radio - I'm usually pushing the buttons between about 3 different stations. The last month or so it seems in those 2 commute hours there's been no less than 5 to 8 mentions of RW/Seahawks in regards to any number of different topics.... as opposed to prior to about Oct. 2012 when they probably couldn't find Seattle on a map...

This is in SoCal radio land...

CANHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3e57h9nt said:
Seahawk Sailor":3e57h9nt said:
No other Seahawks player, or really any other Seattle sports icon, has come close to this big of a splash so quickly.

Griffey became THE FACE of Major League Baseball almost immedietely. The guy was hyped like Lebron coming out and 'dat swing.

Ichiro and A-Rod had MVP numbers in their first complete seasons and got plenty of media attention. I agree that Russell has gone off the charts, but it's a little unfair to say no other young Seattle sports superstars have come close to this.

yeah but... baseball is stupid.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Riley12":1fm0yzqd said:
loafoftatupu":1fm0yzqd said:
Elusive
Fast
Accurate
Big Arm
Nice Touch
Super High football IQ
Avoids the big hit
Pocket passer
Can pass on the run
Can pass in the air
Can pass off back foot
Can pass across body
Incredible work ethic
Humble
Professional
Honest
Proud to be a Seahawk
Amazing person
Coolest customer ever

My apologies. I've been in schools so long that I thought you were trying to put together some kind of acrostic poem
You mean efabnsapccccihphpac isn't a word?...

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
razgriz737":1iepqyeh said:
Riley12":1iepqyeh said:
loafoftatupu":1iepqyeh said:
Elusive
Fast
Accurate
Big Arm
Nice Touch
Super High football IQ
Avoids the big hit
Pocket passer
Can pass on the run
Can pass in the air
Can pass off back foot
Can pass across body
Incredible work ethic
Humble
Professional
Honest
Proud to be a Seahawk
Amazing person
Coolest customer ever

You mean fabnsapccccihphpac isn't word?...

I just kept thinking of what the guy does well, obviously in a random manner. Then couldn't find anything that could be considered a flaw.. NOTHING. I mean really, is there even ONE?

Latest posts