NHL is coming next!!

JOz56

Reaction score
Throwdown":30cpm97u said:
If the mariners played their cards right, the summer could be theirs up until the Seahawks start.

Dude, they totally own the town until the NFL draft.

Throwdown

Reaction score
JOz56":37hbu1i0 said:
Throwdown":37hbu1i0 said:
If the mariners played their cards right, the summer could be theirs up until the Seahawks start.

Not when the NBA returns ;)

JOz56

Reaction score
Throwdown":1cyn6dfo said:
JOz56":1cyn6dfo said:
Throwdown":1cyn6dfo said:

Not when the NBA returns ;)

They have no one to blame but themselves.

canzag

Reaction score
1st choice would be the Coyotes then maybe Florida or Columbus.Those 3 would be the best bets to move.Would put pressue on the mariners to improve thier product.A good thing imo

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
canzag":2srosm66 said:
1st choice would be the Coyotes then maybe Florida or Columbus.Those 3 would be the best bets to move.Would put pressue on the mariners to improve thier product.A good thing imo

First off living in Arizona, I would say that if the situation isn't fixed 3 to 4 years from now once the ownership situation ever gets itself fixed and they figure out how to get people to travel all the way over to the west side of the valley as anyone that has been down here to the central valley of Arizona knows how wide spread it is with out any real public transportation than I say they might then move.

That said, the first location will be to Quebec. Now, I could see the Islanders, Florida, Columbus, and Phoenix being possible candidates.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Kings/sonics will be playing in the new arena 2.5 years from now. Hanson has said for this to work the NHL will have to be in town as well. Im sure he has secret deals under the table and this is all in motion. You don't buy that land and do what he has done with out deals in place.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":31uuij6o said:
Kings/sonics will be playing in the new arena 2.5 years from now. Hanson has said for this to work the NHL will have to be in town as well. Im sure he has secret deals under the table and this is all in motion. You don't buy that land and do what he has done with out deals in place.

Hanson needs arena dates. Thats how stadiums make money.
Hockey is coming after the stadium is built.

I've been waiting for the NHL since Ackerly killed my dreams in the 92 Key Arena remodel.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The arena deal was also modified so that the NHL wasn't a must, because he wasn't as confident about the prospects of the NHL as he was the NBA's.

The arena can work with just an NBA team, but an NHL team makes it easier to pay the bills off easier and quicker.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
I will always love the Seahawks most, but I think it would be a lot of fun to have an NHL team. I have never been to a game, but I definitely will if we get an organization. Hope it works out!

GCrow

Reaction score
I think it's only a matter of time before NHL is in Seattle. Bettman wants a team there, if he had his way the Atlanta Thrashers would have moved there over Winnipeg, but didn't happen because of the arena situation. Also overwhelming support behind Winnipeg.

Once the new arena in Seattle gets built, pick any NHL franchise in southern USA and i'm sure rumours will start going around about relocation.

JKent82

Reaction score
I sure hope we get a Hockey team. Hockey is way too fun to watch live. As much as I miss the Sonics, I'm way more excited for the NHL, much better product.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":s9prqw42 said:
The Outfield":s9prqw42 said:
Don't care as much for an NHL team and it does seem like it would overwhelm sports fans to suddenly go from 3 teams to 5 teams.

We have the Seahawks and the Mariners. Three?

I can't tell if that's sarcasm. But I was counting the Sounders as well.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
The Outfield":3rx6grbg said:
Tech Worlds":3rx6grbg said:
The Outfield":3rx6grbg said:
Don't care as much for an NHL team and it does seem like it would overwhelm sports fans to suddenly go from 3 teams to 5 teams.

We have the Seahawks and the Mariners. Three?

I can't tell if that's sarcasm. But I was counting the Sounders as well.

Better to ignore the soccer haters

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Throwdown":1yzbjino said:
The arena deal was also modified so that the NHL wasn't a must, because he wasn't as confident about the prospects of the NHL as he was the NBA's.

The arena can work with just an NBA team, but an NHL team makes it easier to pay the bills off easier and quicker.

I have not seen or heard that anywhere.....just the other day on local radio they were saying the opposite. I guess I would be interested in your source of information? To my knowledge the plan has always been to also have an NHL team there as well.

Throwdown

Reaction score
You might be right, But I swear there was something back in the infancy days there was a change that made it possible for it to be just an NBA team, because of the question mark that is the NHL, because Hansen has no desire to own an NHL franchise.

IMO most certainly an NHL owner will come to Seattle and say "hey sooo uhh any space in that arena of yours?"

ShyCheetah

Reaction score

pinksheets

Reaction score
Throwdown":1266n7f7 said:
You might be right, But I swear there was something back in the infancy days there was a change that made it possible for it to be just an NBA team, because of the question mark that is the NHL, because Hansen has no desire to own an NHL franchise.

IMO most certainly an NHL owner will come to Seattle and say "hey sooo uhh any space in that arena of yours?"
Getting an NHL team is not a must. I can't pin down the exact specifics, but it's something to the effect of securing an NHL team allows Hansen access to more money from bonds or something like that. It's a matter of money freed up for Hansen over money he has to pay out of pocket.

It wouldn't make sense to make a deal with Hansen hinged on also getting an NHL team when Hansen is not going to be shopping for an NHL team. A secured NBA team + all of the reviews being done is enough to put a shovel in the ground.