• Christian Fauria

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Mike Tice

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters

The Outfield

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3nvsqx7t said:
Miller is a beast at blocking and catches everything thrown his way. Obviousy, it's weird to say at this point that he's the "best Seahawks TE ever," but we've only scratched the surface with this guy. The dude has Pro Bowl talent. He just needs to be utilized to his fullest potential, and we're starting to see signs of that.

I agree with this.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I was going to pick Tice, but then realized that Miller is just a stud. The guy is a total gamer and we need to keep him around for a few seasons. He saw a lot more action this year and made so many clutch plays.

Wouldn't mind another one though, one that is closer to WR than TE, with some blocking skills but that can really get moving after the catch. Miller is great for his size and build, but McCoy looks very clumsy at times.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I voted Mili, but Miller is nipping at his heels. Ask me again this time next year and the answer will probably be Miller.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":156tx9n3 said:
...but McCoy looks very clumsy at times.
Expect when he's prancing along behind the line of scrimmage in motion... HE LOOKS LIKE A COMPLETE AND UNADULTERATED DORK.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
scutterhawk":xj9gam61 said:
Largent80":xj9gam61 said:
Tice had the longest tenure and was a great blocker.
Many that took the poll didn't/don't know that. ;)

One of the few benefits of age. Tice could catch the ball too, he was a great player. I was glad to see Mili on the roster. He was a knee injury away from big time greatness.

Also, at the 2006 camp in Cheney, there were kids on the barrier calling players over to sign autographs. They were all yelling "hey 88" over and over again. My kid, all of 8 years old yelled "Mr Mili" and he walked right over, grabbed my kids brand new unsigned ball, with his pen and took it out to the field as practice was ending. He got signatures from Hass, Robbie Tobeck, Wistrom, Big Walt, Morris, Strong and even caught Tatupu who was out of the way. To top it off, Holmy was driving by in a golf cart and he stood on front of it (which was actually pretty funny because Holmy was all "hey, I don't want to hear it" in a joking manner) then he signed it with all the rest.

When Mili came back, he handed the ball to my kid and told him that he was the only kid that called to him by his name that entire day. That Mili signature meant EVERYTHING to my then 8 year old son. So Mili will always be the coolest to me.

pehawk

Reaction score
What was the TE named Teal or something like that? I banged his wife....had to be when I was goodlooking...so 90's sometime.

razgriz737

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2p0n8uto said:
Also, at the 2006 camp in Cheney, there were kids on the barrier calling players over to sign autographs. They were all yelling "hey 88" over and over again. My kid, all of 8 years old yelled "Mr Mili" and he walked right over, grabbed my kids brand new unsigned ball, with his pen and took it out to the field as practice was ending. He got signatures from Hass, Robbie Tobeck, Wistrom, Big Walt, Morris, Strong and even caught Tatupu who was out of the way. To top it off, Holmy was driving by in a golf cart and he stood on front of it (which was actually pretty funny because Holmy was all "hey, I don't want to hear it" in a joking manner) then he signed it with all the rest.

When Mili came back, he handed the ball to my kid and told him that he was the only kid that called to him by his name that entire day. That Mili signature meant EVERYTHING to my then 8 year old son. So Mili will always be the coolest to me.
Great story. I miss the training camps in Cheney. I went to VMAC for this first time this year, and it was still fun and is an awesome facility, but there was something about Cheney...seemed more informal I think.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
pehawk":2hp79ewv said:
What was the TE named Teal or something like that? I banged his wife....had to be when I was goodlooking...so 90's sometime.

We did have a guy named McNeal once back then.. him? He wasn't all that "bad" as a TE either.

pehawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":30d45swg said:
pehawk":30d45swg said:

We did have a guy named McNeal once back then.. him? He wasn't all that "bad" as a TE either.

Could be, maybe. Flores/Early Erickson era?

Wow, just hit me like a LSD flashback.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
pehawk":2k9o08ut said:
loafoftatupu":2k9o08ut said:
pehawk":2k9o08ut said:

Could be, maybe. Flores/Early Erickson era?

Wow, just hit me like a LSD flashback.

As an experienced 80's party guy and USN vet, I "might" have a little experience with that.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
wow no offense to any of those guys but that's a sad collection of TE's.

Fauria has pretty much been removed from seahawks history in my mind from all of the garbage he spews on tv.

I would have to go with Miller under the assumption he picks up where he left off. I refuse to use stats with other teams to talk about the greatest SEAHAWK ever for the same reason I'm not going to pretend that Jerry Rice is the greatest seahawk receiver ever. '

The only thing Miller has against him is his time with the team. Last year he was asked to block a lot for a sub-par QB. He did that job and didn't bitch about it. This year he obviously was huge for us in one of the top 2 or 3 seahawk seasons ever.

pehawk

Reaction score
Its killing me, not remembering who it was.

Had to be 1998, so I went back and looked at the roster, and there's no one with that name (what a LOADED roster...Erickson could put together a squad...for sure). I remember the chick, approaching for the kill and feeling insecure because I'm Irish and she was used to non-Irish.

Maybe it was Trey or even Carlester? My mind keeps saying the chick was from Carolina, but that entire era's a haze. Or, maybe it was a temporary player brought in, because I do remember they lived in a hotel.

On topic, it's Mili in my book.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Has to be Miller. He has averaged 47 catches a year, and this year with 38 was still better than any single year Fauria had. Good blocker too.

Miller had good seasons catching from Jamarcus Freakin Russell. Fauria went to play with the Patriots and his best year with Tom Brady he had 28 catches.

Fauria's best season he had 377 yards receiving. Miller has had only one season below that number, his single season with TJ.

I think the answer is pretty clear.

Why no mention of John Carlson?

Latest posts