NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
As he should, that last time you said "Dont worry, we hit a marker!" Hutch was getting the transition tag

Throwdown

Reaction score
Oh you care, deep down you're a Sonics fan, got a Gary Payton jersey hanging above your bed.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":17gdx4co said:
Blitzer88":17gdx4co said:
Throwdown":17gdx4co said:
Anyone really think the NBA is gonna screw Hansen & Ballmer out of $30mil now? smile sonics fans, this is a battle won.

Quick.....someone knock on a GIANT pile of wood!

I DIDN'T SAY THIS WAS OVER! I SAID WE HIT A MARKER!

Jesus! Absolut just put Blitzer aka the .NET Worry Wart in a state of panic.

lol, I do worry waaaaaaaay to much about certain things. But I'm just joking with ya Throw, plus you wouldn't be the one to jinx us anyways. And .Net Madden Stud would be much more appropriate for me than .Net Worry Wart.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":145b2wab said:
Oh you care, deep down you're a Sonics fan, got a Gary Payton jersey hanging above your bed.

Peaches gives me the vibe that he was more of a Detlef Schrempf fan than The Glove.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1ynl0odd said:
Throwdown":1ynl0odd said:

Peaches gives me the vibe that he was more of a Detlef Schrempf fan than The Glove.

Steve Scheffler...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":2pyvostj said:
AbsolutNET":2pyvostj said:
Wouldn't it be great if Seattle doesn't get the Sonics because you just jinxed it?

No it'd be a travesty, and you all should exile me!

To Australia or... Arizona... Maldives Islands?
How about Pissburgh or OKC?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3olqy5bd said:
Throwdown":3olqy5bd said:
AbsolutNET":3olqy5bd said:
Wouldn't it be great if Seattle doesn't get the Sonics because you just jinxed it?

No it'd be a travesty, and you all should exile me!

To Australia or... Arizona... Maldives Islands?
How about Pissburgh or OKC?

Thats just uncalled for, but OKC would have a basketball team atleast...

pinksheets

Reaction score
Think of the career Josh Portis could have had if he weren't backed by ol' Mr. "So what if I ran over an old gypsy woman?" over here.

chris98251

Reaction score
Didn't the NBA and Bennet already screw the city of Seattle out of the 45 million they were suppose to get.

Throwdown

Reaction score
chris98251":19ld4nnf said:
Didn't the NBA and Bennet already screw the city of Seattle out of the 45 million they were suppose to get.

No there were things that had to be done to get those, and in good old Seattle fashion they sat on their hands n screwed themselves.

chris98251

Reaction score
Throwdown":spl3p7uj said:
chris98251":spl3p7uj said:

No there were things that had to be done to get those, and in good old Seattle fashion they sat on their hands n screwed themselves.

Ahh I see the broker a deal not to file a lawsuit for Bennett leaving for 45 million and then screw up the collection of that money by doing nothing and allowing Bennett to not be contested in a legal arena and keep his money also. Nice job, now they they are holding Hansens feet to the fire on every little thing.

Throwdown

Reaction score
chris98251":2q0met1a said:
Throwdown":2q0met1a said:
chris98251":2q0met1a said:

Ahh I see the broker a deal not to file a lawsuit for Bennett leaving for 45 million and then screw up the collection of that money by doing nothing and allowing Bennett to not be contested in a legal arena and keep his money also. Nice job, now they they are holding Hansens feet to the fire on every little thing.

I just know they let Bennett off the hook for $30 million when they didn't want to even try to get Key Arena renovated, that had to happen by 2009, and if we had an NBA compatible arena by 2012 and no team, he owed some more, we let him off the hook.

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
OK, this legalese BS is giving me a headache. So what are everyone's gut feelings, is Seattle getting an NBA team??!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
grizbob":1ie5vddy said:
OK, this legalese BS is giving me a headache. So what are everyone's gut feelings, is Seattle getting an NBA team??!!

Yes, I believe they'll be here next season.

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
Throwdown":31zwikhh said:
grizbob":31zwikhh said:

Yes, I believe they'll be here next season.

Thanks birthday boy, let the celebration begin :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
On Northwest Sports tonight, Paul Silvi talked about how the deal has hit another snag. I guess some lawyers found that before the Maloofs are technically allowed to sell to Hansen's group, the Maloofs must first allow the minority owners a chance to buy their, the Maloof's, share or something related to that.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Blitzer88":20resind said:
On Northwest Sports tonight, Paul Silvi talked about how the deal has hit another snag. I guess some lawyers found that before the Maloofs are technically allowed to sell to Hansen's group, the Maloofs must first allow the minority owners a chance to buy their, the Maloof's, share or something related to that.

Yeah, that's actually been news for a couple weeks now I think.

Anyone heard anything new (past few days) about this? I wonder what has happened to that $30 million non-refundable check that Hansen was supposed to make out to the Maloofs on Feb 1st.

pinksheets

Reaction score
ROFR has been called a nonissue by both Hansen's lawyers and supposedly NBA lawyers who have all seen the contracts.

The $30m was placed in escrow, so assuming Hansen hasn't pulled out of the deal quietly before the Feb 1st deadline, the money was transferred to the Maloofs.

Status
Not open for further replies.