Best Seahawks "Flash in the Pan"

A

Anonymous

I have always though Joey Galloway sorta flashed, then after the whole contract dispute thing he simply played angry. The poster child for "I want more money...dammit" I really wanted him to just keep doing a few more of those 1000-yard receiving seasons before griping about his paycheck.

His departure did yield us both Shaun Alexander AND Koren Robinson though....

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
Rick Mirer popped in my head first. I remember on draft day being stoked we didn't get stuck with Bledsoe.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Another vote for Chris McIntosh. Thought our right tackle was set for a decade, then a freak neck injury ended his career.

Tubbs too. Dominant but too often injured.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
SNDavidson":18phk746 said:
Tim Ruskell

So many great players already listed, but Ruskell's my vote too. Sure, he wasn't a player, but he's my "Flash in the Pan" because he was directly responsible for a lot of Seahawks flash in the pan players (and years, for that matter). Remember how high so many people were on him? Remember all the early love for his "high motor/high character" picks? Remember "In Ruskell We Trust?"

What retrospect we have now!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Walter Jones. The guy only had what, 13 great years?

(All my other choices have been listed.)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":mw24u0da said:
Gotta be Daryl "Deep Threat" Turner.

I agree.

Remember that game in Denver when Turner caught the long bomb first play of the game? I think it was even the first game of the season, not sure.

Turner was so fast we all thought he'd be a cornerstone deep threat for 10 years. But the dude just couldn't run routes or lose his penchant for drops.

Sad thing is the Hawks are still looking for a deep threat receiver 25 years later.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2j1tl0ux said:
Evil_Shenanigans":2j1tl0ux said:
Gotta be Daryl "Deep Threat" Turner.

I agree.

Remember that game in Denver when Turner caught the long bomb first play of the game? I think it was even the first game of the season, not sure.

Turner was so fast we all thought he'd be a cornerstone deep threat for 10 years. But the dude just couldn't run routes or lose his penchant for drops.

Sad thing is the Hawks are still looking for a deep threat receiver 25 years later.

How does a guy like DT do the things he did and then just disappear? He still holds a few Seahawks and NFL records. :34853_doh:

Frostbyte

Reaction score
Flash in the pan? This guy fits in that catagory. Had such high hopes....

owne-schmitt.jpg

Zowert

Reaction score
Lawrence Jackson, oh wait you have to get more than 2 sacks and 29 tackles in a season before you become a flash in the pan.

L. Jackson would be one of the biggest Seahawks busts then..

kjreid

Reaction score
Ahman Green, those first two years he had some great runs to the second level and then poof he was traded.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
kjreid":2csoxury said:
Ahman Green, those first two years he had some great runs to the second level and then poof he was traded.

Good one, I had totally forgotten about him. He did well in Green Bay for a while too though, didn't he?

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Warren Moon. Looked like our QBOTF after his first season in SEA, then played like a 40-something for the rest of his career. Just sad. Whatever happened to that guy?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":2da2nsah said:
Warren Moon. Looked like our QBOTF after his first season in SEA, then played like a 40-something for the rest of his career. Just sad. Whatever happened to that guy?

He went on to become an absolutely horrible radio announcer.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Byron Franklin. I think it was a knee that derailed his brief but promising career. Sat with him in the Kingdome against the Pack...very polite, nice young man.

Rat

Reaction score
Frostbyte":383j2uj3 said:
Flash in the pan? This guy fits in that catagory. Had such high hopes....

owne-schmitt.jpg
To be a flash in the pan, you have to have been good at one point.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kjreid":34n5ps5z said:

That was one of Holmy's F-ups. I believe it was a pre-season game played in Vancouver that Green put the ball on the carpet. To make an example of what happens to (awesome) RBs that fumble, Holmy let him go and that was just dumb as hell. I remember how he ran thru our awesome Dawg defense like a hot knife thru butter. When we drafted him I knew we had our RBOTF. Instead, he crushed it for the enemy.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Michael Boulware for sure. Although, with Pete as his coach, I think he'd be damn good. He was miscast in a scheme that played two deep safeties on almost every play. In the box, playing short zones far more often, his strengths would be amplified and his weaknesses minimized. He might have been as good as Kam, he was a better athlete and had great ball skills to boot. Not as hard a hitter (funny that we're saying that about a former LB) but not bad in his own right.

Sean Locklear. He was so good in 2005, and below average every year after that. Can't believe we started him as long as we did.

RufusPorter

Reaction score
Dan McGwire.

I was going on 20 years old at the time, and was POSITIVE he would be the QBOTF. Plus he looked awesome at 6'8" with the dark visor. Out of the league a few years later, he'll be remembered as the guy who couldn't beat Stan Gelbaugh or Kelly Stouffer for a chance to start.

Made irrelevant by the above mentioned Rick Mirer.

Attachments

• mcguire_google_images.jpg
    mcguire_google_images.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,391