Bush unlikely to return to Dolphins

Basis4day

Reaction score
pehawk":teq2fd4i said:
Well, what was your point in joining this thread? It wasn't to actually add your thoughts on "would Bush be a cool change of pace guy on the Hawks", was it? What was YOUR point?

He also had a go ahead TD against Vikes, right?

And, Bush being lined up was something the defense had to account for. Be it slot or RB. His effect on THAT team cant truly be reflected in the stat sheet.

He's not that anymore, but he's still valuable.

Do you state opinions, or just nitpick? Does DTexhawk know you stole his gimmick then?

No. Bush is not a good decision. You asked me to fact check and I did. Sorry you didn't care for the truth. Sounds to me like you're attacking the poster and not the post.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1qzyt5tv said:
I don't think Bush is where they will go for one reason, he is a bit soft. He had a couple of good games early on in the new ZBS Miami installed, but zone runners get hit a lot. Bush was bouncing everything to the outside by the end of the year.

I love the idea of Bush as a slot mismatch, but I don't think Pete likes his guys that specialized. Both our backs can pass block, and both play third downs. If Pete loved to specialize, Washington would be a third down back a lot more. I'm nitpicking schematic issues I don't like now, I would prefer some guys who can win man matchups rather than a team full of zone beaters, but that idea precludes much versatility.

Makes all sorts of sense. He is soft, but sometimes I think it's because he tries SO hard to be a between the tackles guy. I think if Reggie would ever accept the fact (and maybe going over 1,000 FINALLY allows that) he could be a Pete type, because he could line up at RB, and motion somewhere else. Especially with Wilson and Bush in a Zone Read formation - with the option to motion Bush out.

I know you LOVE the idea of Trayvon in the 1st, he could maybe do the same thing.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":3tdmv8s9 said:
pehawk":3tdmv8s9 said:
Well, what was your point in joining this thread? It wasn't to actually add your thoughts on "would Bush be a cool change of pace guy on the Hawks", was it? What was YOUR point?

And, Bush being lined up was something the defense had to account for. Be it slot or RB. His effect on THAT team cant truly be reflected in the stat sheet.

Do you state opinions, or just nitpick? Does DTexhawk know you stole his gimmick then?

No. Bush is not a good decision. You asked me to fact check and I did. Sorry you didn't care for the truth. Sounds to me like you're attacking the poster and not the post.

No, what was your point with your original post in the thread. Bash Bush's fit on the Seahawks all you want, because I'm dumb, but state an opinion.

firebee

Reaction score
We don't use Leon Washington that much, Turbin is on the rise and looking capable of taking over for Lynch when Lynch parts ways with the Hawks via retirement, free agency or trade. I think Robert Turbin and Doug Martin are very similar and I think his numbers would've been comparable to Martin's if he was starting in Tampa Bay, instead of backing up Lynch in Seattle. Really no need to bring in a 3rd down back that's rarely going to be used, when we have a young versatile every-down back sitting behind Lynch. Also... Reggie Bush is a soft NFL running back in my opinion. How many times a game do you see him going out because he tweaked this or bumped that on a play? I'd prefer to not see us spend money on Reggie Bush.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
firebee":18nck1lv said:
We don't use Leon Washington that much, Turbin is on the rise and looking capable of taking over for Lynch when Lynch parts ways with the Hawks via retirement, free agency or trade. I think Robert Turbin and Doug Martin are very similar and I think his numbers would've been comparable to Martin's if he was starting in Tampa Bay, instead of backing up Lynch in Seattle. Really no need to bring in a 3rd down back that's rarely going to be used, when we have a young versatile every-down back sitting behind Lynch. Also... Reggie Bush is a soft NFL running back in my opinion. How many times a game do you see him going out because he tweaked this or bumped that on a play? I'd prefer to not see us spend money on Reggie Bush.

All valid. And, I wouldn't want them to pay him much. So, it's all kind of fantasy (I have fantasies about Reggie Bush, so what?) at this point. Bush would have to take a paycut and convert to a Harvin type, because like you, I like dont want to take away from Turbin.

I do think this offense needs a Cribbs/Harvin/E Metcalf/Sproles/Bush type.

kobebryant

Reaction score
pehawk":1m3o18jp said:
firebee":1m3o18jp said:

All valid. And, I wouldn't want them to pay him much. So, it's all kind of fantasy (I have fantasies about Reggie Bush, so what?) at this point. Bush would have to take a paycut and convert to a Harvin type, because like you, I like dont want to take away from Turbin.

I do think this offense needs a Cribbs/Harvin/E Metcalf/Sproles/Bush type.

I absolutely agree with that sentiment. Of wanting that kinda "waterbug" type maybe be in the backfield for some option stuff, some reverses, work a bit out of the slot, fast, maybe return some kicks - I feel ya, because why not.

I'd kick the tires with the new Chiefs and Raiders regimes about Dexter McCluster and Jacoby Ford, and yes, the new Browns group about Cribbs. Are Edelman or Woodhead those guys? their FAs bu you worry about guys being system guys from NE.

In the draft, beyond obviously Austin, Marquise Goodwin is intriguing, Andre Debose too, Sam McGuffie as well.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pehawk":2u1sip1k said:
Basis4day":2u1sip1k said:
pehawk":2u1sip1k said:

No, what was your point with your original post in the thread. Bash Bush's fit on the Seahawks all you want, because I'm dumb, but state an opinion.

My opinion is you're not correct in your assessment of Bush, which IMO was pretty clear from the beginning.

First allow me to summarize my opinion of your stated reasons for wanting Bush:

He was a non-factor in the Saints' Superbowl, was injured most of the regular season, had a great game but not relevant to the outcome of the Saints-Cardinals, scored a go ahead TD in the playoffs against the Vikes (Which the Vikes came back and tied, Saints won in overtime on a kick). We already have a Golden Tate, which offers all of your desires in a Percy Harvin type player. Especially if we seek to upgrade at WR in FA or the draft.

He hasn't lived up to his draft standing and does not offer a clear upgrade over any of OUR running backs and i don't feel that losing depth at any other position is reason enough to go after Reggie Bush. His injury history is a huge concern. Many of our younger players are due for a big contract because of achievement and our FO should seek to pay players that have already achieved in our system.

DT, WR and depth at all other positions. Those are our needs, not Reggie Bush.

sc85sis

Reaction score
My reasons are more selfish. Quite simply, I don't want Reggie anywhere near Pete. That's a media circus best avoided. Also, I can't forgive Reggie yet for his selfish actions that are still hurting USC, and for which he's never owned up or apologized. And therefore I don't want him on any team I follow.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":25sdlnax said:
My reasons are more selfish. Quite simply, I don't want Reggie anywhere near Pete. That's a media circus best avoided. Also, I can't forgive Reggie yet for his selfish actions that are still hurting USC, and for which he's never owned up or apologized. And therefore I don't want him on any team I follow.

Totally fair and respectable, actually. We all have our players we loathe - mine is Peyton. Even more after acting too good for the Seahawks.

sc85sis

Reaction score
pehawk":3a40pjqv said:
sc85sis":3a40pjqv said:

Totally fair and respectable, actually. We all have our players we loathe - mine is Peyton. Even more after acting too good for the Seahawks.
It's not that I loathe him. It's more like disappointment . I wish I could cheer for him like I used to.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
NO.

We could used Leon Washington in that capacity but don't.

Bush wouldn't be productive in our offense just like Leon isn't.