RGIII is (Officially) Offensive Rookie of the Year

Hawknballs

Reaction score
its b.s. and obvious east coast bias that we couldn't even get ONE of the awards out of offensive/defensive rookie, coach, exec..and I'm not one to usually complain about east coast bias, it is what it is, but 0 recognition by voters for the young talent, drafting and decision making by this team is a complete joke.

Donk70

Reaction score
How the hell does Luck take 2nd?

There's 2 more chips on Russ' shoulder.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am OK with Griffin winning it. He had a fantastic year and was better statistically in many categories than Wilson.

Although I think Wilson deserved it, I can't complain about Griffin winning.

drdiags

Reaction score
Makes sense. RGIII, Luck and Wilson all had pretty good seasons. RGIII playing in a division that many still thinks is the NFC's best and has the most media coverage helps him get the big bump. Also if you followed other media across the country, the conversation for the longest was Luck vs RGIII.

No one needs to drop their head in shame, it was a good season but RGIII pulled the Skins back into revelancy and entertainment value with his play. Wilson was handcuffed or brought along slowly and that kept his momentum from gaining any steam until late in the season. The voters would want to see a season long consistent level and RGIII had that for the national audience.

Wilson has been all over the map, whether a concerted effort or not, he has gotten some serious face time at the Pro-Bowl and New Orleans. He doesn't get that at the Pro-Bowl unless RGIII and Ryan drop out.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
i think by the time people voted nobody thought the nfc east was the best with the giants falling apart, the cowboys being the cowboys, and the redskins eeking out wins over teams like the browns.

hawkpride

Reaction score
I personally think RW should have won, but I am biased. Based upon what we have seen from RW, this will be just another motivator for him. So it's a good thing.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawknballs":qndm62bk said:
i think by the time people voted nobody thought the nfc east was the best with the giants falling apart, the cowboys being the cowboys, and the redskins eeking out wins over teams like the browns.

Sure, but ask the NFC East covering media if it isn't the best division. Not saying it is true. Just that is what those covering that division feel. The NFC East has not been dominating in a few years with the Eagles, Skins and Cowboys being inconsistent. NY Giants have been inconsistent as well, but had put together several late season runs to win two Superbowls. You cannot take that away from the Giants.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I dunno why i'm so annoyed with this.

maybe it's just from all of the 'so close yet so far away' moments for wilson this year.

So close to the rookie TD record, but did the right thing and ran that last TD in.

So close to beating the falcons but the defense fell apart

should have been MVP of the pro bowl.

Should have been OROY.

It's really frustrating.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I demand a recount! How many of those RG3 votes were actually idiots too lazy to write russell wilson and went with RW3 instead and the votes were confused?

razgriz737

Reaction score
JSeahawks":cazg88dn said:
I demand a recount! How many of those RG3 votes were actually idiots too lazy to write russell wilson and went with RW3 instead and the votes were confused?
Are you "RW3" people happy now?!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
As I posted in an earlier thread on this topic while the "race" for ROTY is still "competitive", I noted that the only way Russell was going to win was for him the "win out" the last seven games. Win the Division Championship and then at least play a great game in the Super Bowl.

Of course, I've heard that the vote was tabulated just after the last Regular Season game, so I guess that it is a moot point.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":89a5gq1d said:
its b.s. and obvious east coast bias that we couldn't even get ONE of the awards out of offensive/defensive rookie, coach, exec..and I'm not one to usually complain about east coast bias, it is what it is, but 0 recognition by voters for the young talent, drafting and decision making by this team is a complete joke.
You mean INcomplete joke don't you?, as in I may be slow at catching drift of a joke now and then, this one doesn't even pretend to have a punch line.
I just want (chips on the shoulders) "CHIP WILSON" and the NEW SEAHAWKS to blow up those NFL pretenders next Season.
RGIII would make a fine backup to Wilson, as he'd have plenty of time to heal up riding the pine pony, and too, he'd MAYBE learn how to prepare for a game and how NOT to run himself into harms way, and also how to live to fight another day, and too, NOT cost his team by making foolish decisions while under fire,,,,But then again, I don't know that he could absorb the cool composure from zen master QB Russell Wilson.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
This was almost a landslide. 29 votes against 21 combined for the second and the third?
This is utter nonsense. This is simply pathetic. I don't mind other guys winning, but NOT by this margin. No, not by this difference.
This should motivate Wilson even more (hopefully). Now, let's get that Lombardi next season ...

garydrake425

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1fjm52e8 said:

U never know. This could happen but they'd never recount and us complaining about is only gonna make us look bad. We just gotta take this in and use it to motivate next year. GO HAWKS!!!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
drdiags":29aamo5q said:
Makes sense. RGIII, Luck and Wilson all had pretty good seasons. RGIII playing in a division that many still thinks is the NFC's best and has the most media coverage helps him get the big bump. Also if you followed other media across the country, the conversation for the longest was Luck vs RGIII.

No one needs to drop their head in shame, it was a good season but RGIII pulled the Skins back into revelancy and entertainment value with his play. Wilson was handcuffed or brought along slowly and that kept his momentum from gaining any steam until late in the season. The voters would want to see a season long consistent level and RGIII had that for the national audience.

Wilson has been all over the map, whether a concerted effort or not, he has gotten some serious face time at the Pro-Bowl and New Orleans. He doesn't get that at the Pro-Bowl unless RGIII and Ryan drop out.

Ah well, the deck was stacked against Wilson. The Redkins' system and players kept RG3 in nifty, short yardage situations which allowed him to have an artificially high passer rating, but that stat just gave the East Coast mediots something else to pull from their pocket. He did the rest with his feet.
The consolation prize is that Wilson finished healthy, won a game in the post season, took the Vizio TVP, picked up a grunch of enorsements and his media darling status will help to expand the market for the Hawks. Those are some noteworty accomplishments for a 3rd round pick.

Had RW been given more plays earlier in the season (IE read option), I'm conident his efficiency rating would have been as good or greater than RG3. He broke an NCAA record for efficiency as exhibit A. RG3 probably would have won anyhow because of the media bias and the wow factor you mentioned. The only things I really don't like is how lopsided the voting was, and that Luck had more votes than RW, but AP does the voting, so what can you do.

drdiags

Reaction score
If it was up to me, Wilson or RGIII winning it is fine. Votes should have been closer. I thought for sure Luck was going to win it because of his pedigree.

Looking at Wilson and RGIII, Wilson's backend of the season was just as spectacular as RGIII's front-end. I think what got a majority of voters on his bandwagon was the two Dallas games along with beating the Giants the second time around, though it was a snoozer. That Ravens win was costly for him and the Skins. Took away his wheels and it cost them in the end.

For the record:

I thought Schneider was robbed.

I was hoping for Wagner, thought David was his main competition though Kuechly was a tackling machine at MLB.

I thought Wilson was OROY because of the vibe I was getting from the media. They usually only hitch their wagon to shooting stars so figured they knew something. Now I realize it was for next year and beyond that they were counting on.

I didn't think Carroll had a chance, since he isn't looked upon seriously by many mediots because of his time in NY and with the Patriots. The media is like an old dog, adverse to new tricks.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Quick... name the last 4 OROYs. I doubt that anyone can do it. It's not that important.

Now, name me the last 6 QBs that won Superbowls. Most of us can do that. Rodgers, Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Brees and Rapeslisberger.

Seattle is a LONG ways away from the vast majority of voters for these awards.... a long ways.

When I lived in the Midwest and if someone mentioned Seattle, it seemed SO distant... and it is if you don't live here.

Athletes in Seattle have to be SUPERSTARS to be considered equivalent to stars in the Midwest and in the east... that's just the way that it is.

Russell will get his full due after he wins his 2nd Superbowl. Book it.

Latest posts