Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Christian Fauria

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Mike Tice

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Just for comparison's sake, the results of the "Best Seahawks Tight End" from four years ago when we voted on our all-time team are below.

1: Mike Tice, 22.1% of the vote
2: Itula Mili, 20.0%
3: Christian Fauria, 16.8%

John Carlson finished 4th in the voting after his rookie year with many people expecting him to own all the team records for tight ends by this time. Here are the top 5 tight ends in receptions, yards & TDs.

Receptions: Fauria (166), Mili (164), Carlson (137), Stevens (130), Young (97)
Yards: Mili (1743), Fauria (1683), Carlson (1521), Stevens (1458), Young (1217)
TDs: Stevens (15), Mili (13), Carlson (13), Tice (9), Fauria (8)

Renohawk

Reaction score
It amazes me that the Hawks have never had a great TE, the NW is used to a lot of great ones as the U of W is known is TE University and ASJ is the next great one coming out next year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Young was the best, we got him at the tail end of his career though. You can't base this question on stats though. Depending on era a great TE could have been a run blocker that could engage and go down field first as well as catch a ball when asked. If you asked in a NE offense now it would be a pass catcher, same with Falcons. We ask for both run and catch so because we run about 50 percent of the time thats less passes thrown and opportunitys because we also spread the ball around.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Miller is Mr. consistent, no matter the tasking. When asked to run block and pass pro, he did it lights-out...I'd say even better than Tice. As an all-round pass catcher, he's noticably better than any TE we've had. Carlson might come closer when it comes to pass catching, but I still can't see him getting open as consistently or making some of the insane catches Miller has made when called upon. I don't see how anyone could vote differently, and I've been a fan since the franchise started.

mikehawks

Reaction score
Mili played really well for the Seahawks, I was really bummed when he got hurt. I don't mean to offend, but Joe Jurevicius is my favorite WR for the Seahawks.....Least favorite was Jerry Rice.