This will be the longest offseason in memory

The Outfield

Reaction score
Yeah, for me too. Hopefully the Mariners can put together something decent this year to help pass the time.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
The Outfield":2yi3bvyo said:
Yeah, for me too. Hopefully the Mariners can put together something decent this year to help pass the time.

lol well that was good for a little chuckle. thanks

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Man really? I'm super excited about this offseason for those same reasons. It will be long but I've never gone into an offseason with so much excitement and optimism. I'll be embracing every hawks-related event and shred of news that comes up like no other year. The anticipation is going to make the start of pre-season and the season so much more exciting knowing we're no longer a 7-9 team just hoping to show some signs of life.

It'll be long but I'm just going to enjoy it knowing pete and wilson are preparing to win it all as we sit here right now. Russell Wilson is a student of the game. Every minute we sit here waiting for the season to start is another minute for him to be perfecting his game and looking at our opponents, looking at past game film.

Towards the end of the season Wilson wasn't making any mistakes, and even when he does make a mistake, it rarely ever happens again. He'll be picking apart his own game fixing anything he feels he needs to do better.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
You just have to break it up into manageable portions.

Right now, it's the lead up to the scouting combine at the end of the month. After that, it's free agency (mid March).

Then comes the schedule release and the draft in April. Then some OTAs and mini-camps...

Next thing you know, it's heading towards July and the start of camp.

OP
OP
The Outfield

The Outfield

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1lsj3oxh said:

Right now, it's the lead up to the scouting combine at the end of the month. After that, it's free agency (mid March).

Then comes the schedule release and the draft in April. Then some OTAs and mini-camps...

Exactly.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I dunno, the next few months seem to pass by pretty fast (though, I spend a large portion of my time watching college basketball) because we'll hit free agency and the roster churn will start. Then we get to the combine.

Of course, after the combine, May and June are pretty dreadful, but then again, it's spring, so why spend so much time in front of the computer anyway?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Outfield":3g93hkgz said:

Well you won't have to hold your breath long. I figure they will be out of the running in April, May at the latest. They have had a terrible offseason. The team may actually be worse than last year. Pitching is downgraded, Morales is the only intriguing bat they have brought in.

djb28

Reaction score
You aint kidding. I only like football and Hockey.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
DRAFT PARTY!!

Peaches, you should fly up for the festivities. Last year was a blast. Hopefully they'll do the same kind of thing at the stadium but if not we'll just do our own.

jkitsune

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3enxleyf said:

This is the best way to handle it, IMO. There's a few interesting things scattered about, and given how close the Seahawks feel to being a complete team, it seems like any free agency pickup could really excite. I'm very anxious for FA and the possibility of landing that stud pass rusher or wideout who makes the Seahawks favorites to win the NFC.

Also, I managed to become a hockey fan, and that'll carry me through until June or so, as long as the Sharks are in it. That helps a ton. And then if the Mariners are competitive at all in June, that usually lasts until July or August (when they're inevitably out of it). And then Seahawks are back!

OP
OP
The Outfield

The Outfield

Reaction score
HawkFan72":ktt93djj said:
The Outfield":ktt93djj said:

Well you won't have to hold your breath long. I figure they will be out of the running in April, May at the latest. They have had a terrible offseason. The team may actually be worse than last year. Pitching is downgraded, Morales is the only intriguing bat they have brought in.

I've been following the offseason and I'm not holding my breath. However, I also don't believe in being a negative nancy about a new season until it disappoints me.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
The Outfield":1m2fwuea said:
HawkFan72":1m2fwuea said:
The Outfield":1m2fwuea said:

I've been following the offseason and I'm not holding my breath. However, I also don't believe in being a negative nancy about a new season until it disappoints me.

How about being a realistic ron?

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":jox0g06a said:

I actually start getting excited right about now. For me the clock is now ticking towards free agency. It's that dead zone between end of mini-camps and opening day of training camp (end of May thru end of July) that starts to drive me a little batty.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":13ybxklj said:
For me, at least. In the past, we didn't have the kinds of expectations we now have going into next season. Now we have to wait to see our Seahawks dominate the league next year. This is going to suck.

This is why the make Jamesons' Irish. :thirishdrinkers:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
The Outfield":2maazddh said:
FlyingGreg":2maazddh said:

Exactly.
You guys share my secret shame. I've been also supplementing with NASCAR - but it just doesn't compare. I've also got off-season work to put in with 2 of my boys as they get ready for another season of Pop Warner football. They are inspired by what Russell Wilson's Dad did with him and his brother.

chawkjones

Reaction score
The Outfield":2aoddt7n said:

I am there with you, but until Paul Allen or a owner like him takes over the team (Mariners) i think we are in for a looonnnngggg season JMHO.

Bipolar

Reaction score
I am actualy looking forward to NFL draft and offseason when all the receivers get on the same page with Russell Wilson. it will be epic.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The hardest part for me is from after the draft until the exhibition games start in early August. FA and the draft will make the next several months fun but it bogs down after that.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It won't be for me, I have learned over 30 years how to let them come to me quickly. Usually, I am thinking "ok, I can't wait to see if xxxx player fills that hole we have". This year, I see RW3 doing nothing but preparing and bringing some of the other players with him to do so. Preparation/Seperation...

I know this, the Hawks will be better to start the year than they were last year, that for any new players to make this team, they will have to be pretty damn good players and that it will come soon enough. This is not a sophomore slump QB, this is a team as a whole that improves over time and is capable of winning just about any way possible.

As excited as I am for next season, I am so confident that I am patient about it. It is going to be a very fun and entertaining time for all of us. The Seahawks are built for long term success, they are young and only getting better.

Latest posts