SB winner played on wild card weekend

12th_Bob

Reaction score
How many times in a row has this happened now? Not sure about the Giants, they seem like an anomaly more than the mean but with the Ravens, Giants, and Packers, that's 3 straight. Saints were a #1 seed though I think.

I want Seattle to win so should we hope for a 3 or 4 seed? Considering the Rams and Niners, a lower seed appears likely.

-edited for drunken sounding post

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seriously? We should direct our expectations and hopes downward to catch the current 'trend'?

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2k94zz93 said:
I love how most of this board doesn't know what the word "coincidence" means.

You mean winning the division and a 1st round bye is actually a GOOD thing? :Dunno: who knew?

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Its crazy how often it happens now, versus the 80s and 90s. One good thing about the salary cap I guess - nobody is "invincible" in the playoffs. There were a number of years where the playoffs almost seemed like a formality for teams that were clearly superior that whole entire season. They weren't even pushed more often than not.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hardcore salary caps are the greatest thing ever. (I'm serious.)

Please God, never let the NFL get ruined like the MLB where teams like the Yankees can just buy their stupid rings.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Just too much parity in the league. All it is.

Remember that it was only an unfathomable screw up that kept Denver from hosting a #1 vs. #2 championship game. Had the unthinkable not happened there, the playoffs would have come down to the top four seeds in the league.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ju3rpk46 said:
Remember that it was only an unfathomable screw up that kept Denver from hosting a #1 vs. #2 championship game. Had the unthinkable not happened there, the playoffs would have come down to the top four seeds in the league.
Yep. I've felt for a while that the bye is probably too powerful. (Didn't mind it in '05, though.)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
All I know is that the one time Seattle made it to the SB, they weren't playing Wild Card Weekend. And every time we HAVE played Wild Card weekend, we haven't gotten there.

OP
OP

12th_Bob

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2hm1r063 said:
All I know is that the one time Seattle made it to the SB, they weren't playing Wild Card Weekend. And every time we HAVE played Wild Card weekend, we haven't gotten there.

Good point, but it seems like the wild card round team is more likely to win(maybe just seems that way) and I would rather win the thing then get in and lose again. Losing in the playoffs sucks but losing the SB is worse.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Gah, we were so close!!! I really cannot wait for the next season to start. DangeRuss will take us to the promised land. Yes he will. :0190l:

Latest posts