OK..OK.. How's this??? Trade Flynn to Buffalo for TJ..and

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Wait, I thought we already decided that we were going to trade Flynn for Larry Fitzgerald...or was it Calvin Johnson?

hawker84

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":10u4rkvg said:
I can't wait for the day our backup QB becomes 'just the guy who holds the clipboard'.

this x 2... good lawd i'm so sick of Matt Flynn, and i don't even dislike the guy.. move him get a decent back up whatever, don't care they won't see the field unless it's a blowout anyways.. preferably somebody somewhat mobile.

Jville

Reaction score
HUGGY":33tz975o said:
Jville":33tz975o said:
How about this >>

With Matt Flynn on the roster ... the quarterback position ties up only 2 roster spots.

Without Matt Flynn on the roster ... the quarterback position ties up 3 roster spots.

You could have 5 QB's on the roster and nobody will be able to do what Wilson can do...deal with it!

OR...just cut Wilson now and you won't have to get over the fact that it is Wilson's way or NO WAY!

:177692: Easy there friend ....... just making a simple observation.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":36g6r3th said:
Wait, I thought we already decided that we were going to trade Flynn for Larry Fitzgerald...or was it Calvin Johnson?
No, I think it was trading Flynn for Tjack then trade Tjack and Kearse for Megatron and Suh.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Jackson is a free agent, so you wouldn't need to trade anybody.

Guardian

Reaction score
You want to trade Flynn straight up for Jackson?
Eb6
Aside from Flynn being a better QB than Jackson, and aside from Flynn being a better fit for Carroll's philosophy (doesn't turn the ball over on a regular basis), Flynn just doesn't have the arm that Buffalo wants. Jackson is a better scheme fit for them.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
What can tony G do that we didn't get out of Miller? We don't pass that much as it is.

TJ? Why? What did he do that was so impressive ? Throw 2:1 INTs to TDs?

I would go with another rookie I like the kid out of Oklahoma if I could get him

Matt Moore in Miami would have a closer skill set to Wilson that Flynn

Largent80

Reaction score
NOPE. TJ....No, No, No.....Gonzalez?....NO, we could use a WR that gets seperation.

I just don't get the trading Flynn thing. Money?

No. We have to maintain a decent option at backup QB, and Jackson is not that.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
Guardian":6z1jdb1w said:
You want to trade Flynn straight up for Jackson?
Eb6
Aside from Flynn being a better QB than Jackson, and aside from Flynn being a better fit for Carroll's philosophy (doesn't turn the ball over on a regular basis), Flynn just doesn't have the arm that Buffalo wants. Jackson is a better scheme fit for them.

Then why is TJ having such a hard time hanging on to their third QB spot? I never said a straight up trade. TJ is mobile but he would never see the field unless we are up three TD's in the last five mins. He would only be a clipboard jockey. I don't know if Buffalo would need Flynn or if he would be a good fit for them. They gave up Lynch so I don't believe they are the brightest bulbs on the tree. They DID take Jackson.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
Happypuppy":3vh8r16c said:
What can tony G do that we didn't get out of Miller? We don't pass that much as it is.

TJ? Why? What did he do that was so impressive ? Throw 2:1 INTs to TDs?

I would go with another rookie I like the kid out of Oklahoma if I could get him

Matt Moore in Miami would have a closer skill set to Wilson that Flynn

Look.... All this whining about defense is stupid. We have the lowest scored upon defense in the NFL.

What we do not have is the highest scoring offense. Tony is clutch. Tony is an animal in te redzone. Tony will catch a football in the first quarter as well as the last most desperate 30 seconds we could get ourselves into.

Largent80

Reaction score
Dude, we don't need Tony. Didn't need him last year and don't this year either.

We lack a true speed WR, is that hard to comprehend?

We also need help rushing the passer, which our coaching staff has said is a priority.

It isn't rocket science, and we definitely do not need to bring retreads into the fold. This is about winning a championship.

drdiags

Reaction score
This thread should have been labeled "Why I want Tony G to come here." Would have save time and aggravation.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
Largent80":3h8spqk8 said:
Dude, we don't need Tony. Didn't need him last year and don't this year either.

We lack a true speed WR, is that hard to comprehend?

We also need help rushing the passer, which our coaching staff has said is a priority.

It isn't rocket science, and we definitely do not need to bring retreads into the fold. This is about winning a championship.

I dissagree "Dude". We need a quick kick start to our offense with short passes ...until the defenses show their hands on the long stuff. Miller isn't enough. He's great but two like him would be better in the first two quarters. Sometimes we just can't get Lynch a hole in the early going. This is just an option not yet explored.

Must I repeat..we led the league in defense scoring. That was with the "rushers" we already have.

We need to score more points in the first halves of games.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Happybelly":xfk6kfkx said:
HUGGY":xfk6kfkx said:
JonRud":xfk6kfkx said:
Since what the fans think obviously means the organization feels the same way.

The OP isn't being rational at all. Gonzalez has given no indication that he wants to change teams, only that he's done playing football. If Gonzalez were to come back I figure he would go back to Atlanta, to say he has a better chance of winning a ring here when they just beat us in the playoffs is silly.

I'm not saying that I think Atlanta is closer to a super bowl then we are but from his perspective, with Matt Ryan and two better WR's than we have, I doubt he feels like he can't win a ring in Atlanta.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
HUGGY":1upsnkuz said:
v1rotv2":1upsnkuz said:
Stop with the Jackson love. We have seen his limitations and they are many and can't be overcome with a strong arm and guts. We have moved on.

LOVE ????? Who the heck is talkin LOVE ??????

Good grief!! I'm just talkin a warm body and Buffalo needs a QB.

I'm just exploring getting his cap money back. There is no "Love" for TJ. If anything annymosity. I never want to see him in a Seahawk uniform again..

Who do you guys think can step in for Wilson anyway..???

There is NO ONE! What he does is so unique that what "reality" we really have to adjust to is that all our eggs are in Wilson's basket.

I'm down with that. I'm all in. It's Wilson till the wheels come off!

Wilson with Gonzales and Miller book ends with Rice and Tate to pass to...

It wouldn't even be fair to the rest of the NFL.

They could just save all the trouble and hand us the Lombardi trophy for 2014.

Every time somebody posts about a backup to replace Flynn somebody always brings up Jackson. How about this. Bring in a talented young guy that can develop? I'm not talking a QB that is on par with RW, that's just too much to wish for, but a guy that if, while holding down the backup spot, can develop good enough to get us something in return down the road. You'll never have that with Jackson.

Basis4day

Reaction score
v1rotv2":3pzprwk3 said:
HUGGY":3pzprwk3 said:
v1rotv2":3pzprwk3 said:
Stop with the Jackson love. We have seen his limitations and they are many and can't be overcome with a strong arm and guts. We have moved on.

LOVE ????? Who the heck is talkin LOVE ??????

Good grief!! I'm just talkin a warm body and Buffalo needs a QB.

I'm just exploring getting his cap money back. There is no "Love" for TJ. If anything annymosity. I never want to see him in a Seahawk uniform again..

Who do you guys think can step in for Wilson anyway..???

There is NO ONE! What he does is so unique that what "reality" we really have to adjust to is that all our eggs are in Wilson's basket.

I'm down with that. I'm all in. It's Wilson till the wheels come off!

Wilson with Gonzales and Miller book ends with Rice and Tate to pass to...

It wouldn't even be fair to the rest of the NFL.

They could just save all the trouble and hand us the Lombardi trophy for 2014.

Every time somebody posts about a backup to replace Flynn somebody always brings up Jackson. How about this. Bring in a talented young guy that can develop? I'm not talking a QB that is on par with RW, that's just too much to wish for, but a guy that if, while holding down the backup spot, can develop good enough to get us something in return down the road. You'll never have that with Jackson.

That is absolutely an option. Most teams approach their backup as either a vet who can go .500 while your starter is out, or a developmental guy (assuming you only keep two).
I think many fans wishing that this offseason is more about bringing in contributors rather than developmental guys.

Did you have a QB in mind that you would like to target?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Basis4day":1f8af8g4 said:
v1rotv2":1f8af8g4 said:
HUGGY":1f8af8g4 said:
v1rotv2 said:

Did you have a QB in mind that you would like to target?

My choice is Matt Moore at Miami. Cap friendly started the last year of a 2 yr 5 mil deal last year, Out of Oregon State and a youngish vet at 28. Moves well and I think would be a good fit.

CANHawk

Reaction score
You're all just a buncha YO-YO's! OP is HELLA smart! He has it all figured out! All we need to do to win it all is sign Tony Gonzalles! Couple that with MY genius plan to go back in time and kidnap a 25 year old Warren Sapp to play 3-tech DT and train a donkey to kick field goals, we'll be unstopable! UNSTOPABLE!!!

#Championship

Y'all just a buncha YO-YO haters...