How do you guys feel about our chances with Reuben Foster?

O-LineFan

Reaction score
It looks as though the number 1 inside linebacker in the nation could be headed to Seattle.

Everywhere that I've read says that UW has all the momentum with Foster heading into signing day. Coach Sark and Coach Lupoi have been a relationship with him that is giving everyone high hopes.

Do you all think we've got him? Or will Bama scoop him up?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if he's anywhere other then Alabama. I havnt seen a single national writer or "expert" predict Washington. But its recruiting, so who knows.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I don't know what you're reading OL Fan, because it's the opposite of all I've seen. Everything I've seen thinks there's essentially 0 chance he goes to UW.

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
aaaand just like that he's down to Bama, Auburn and Georgia. This kid is all over the place.

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score

JSeahawks

Reaction score
O-LineFan":25a0wg1i said:
jkitsune":25a0wg1i said:
I don't know what you're reading OL Fan, because it's the opposite of all I've seen. Everything I've seen thinks there's essentially 0 chance he goes to UW.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/college ... t?id=10285

the first part of an Insider article.

and then, bear with me, a bleacher report article with quotes from the above article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1484 ... ben-foster

Ah, well there's your problem right there. That article is 2 weeks old. That might as well be 10 years ago in the recruiting world.

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2wk1ovm7 said:
O-LineFan":2wk1ovm7 said:
jkitsune":2wk1ovm7 said:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/college ... t?id=10285

the first part of an Insider article.

and then, bear with me, a bleacher report article with quotes from the above article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1484 ... ben-foster

Ah, well there's your problem right there. That article is 2 weeks old. That might as well be 10 years ago in the recruiting world.

oooh ok. Tonight's the first night I've really dug into recruiting stuff (without a membership to any recruiting sites).

How's Oregon looking?

jkitsune

Reaction score
If you're looking for UW upsets, the Robinson twins, Tyrell and Tyree, are probably the best bet for an upset on signing day. There hasn't been much talk about Vanderdoes and UW anymore, and Nico seems to publically be leaning to USC. Myles Jack has given indications that he's leaning UCLA, though many still think he might flip.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
O-LineFan":2uwep8s1 said:
JSeahawks":2uwep8s1 said:

oooh ok. Tonight's the first night I've really dug into recruiting stuff (without a membership to any recruiting sites).

How's Oregon looking?

Tough recruiting cycle losing Chip Kelly a few weeks before signing day. Probably losing a few of our 4 star commits (maybe the twins to UW, we'll find out in a couple days). But, i'm satisfied with the class.

jkitsune

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2b7p4pq5 said:
O-LineFan":2b7p4pq5 said:
JSeahawks":2b7p4pq5 said:

How's Oregon looking?

Tough recruiting cycle losing Chip Kelly a few weeks before signing day. Probably losing a few of our 4 star commits (maybe the twins to UW, we'll find out in a couple days). But, i'm satisfied with the class.

I'm surprised you're satisfied. UW would be having a conniption with a similar class. I guess that's the benefit of a young championship-caliber roster - don't have to freak out over a single down year.

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
Wow, sounds like things could get shaken up a little this year. With all the talk of Chip Kelly in Phili, I completely forgot about the impact on Oregon...

Could be a very interesting Pac-12 this year.

Thanks for the heads up about the twins as well Jkitsune. Gives me a good starting place to learn more about this years class.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
jkitsune":1emylk3t said:
I'm surprised you're satisfied. UW would be having a conniption with a similar class. I guess that's the benefit of a young championship-caliber roster - don't have to freak out over a single down year.

Right now our class is rated between 14th and 20th depending which service you look at. Thats a lot better then any of the classes we had leading up to our national championship appearance.

of course i'd like to have all 4 and 5 stars, but at Oregon its more about developing players and getting the right players in position to succed then getting all of the highly rated kids. We have the best coaching staff in the country even without chip kelly, imo.

Basically, we'll win with win them, or we'll win without them. (sorry if that sounds egotistical, its just the way I feel about recruiting)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
O-LineFan":quo8xre6 said:
Wow, sounds like things could get shaken up a little this year. With all the talk of Chip Kelly in Phili, I completely forgot about the impact on Oregon...

Could be a very interesting Pac-12 this year.

Thanks for the heads up about the twins as well Jkitsune. Gives me a good starting place to learn more about this years class.

Ducks will have the most talented 2 deep roster they've ever had next year.

Although we just lost Dontre Wilson to Ohio State as i type this. NEXT!

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
That's a good way to look at things Jseahawks. It's easy to get caught up on that one player that will "change the program." I've seen in before in the college world even though I haven't really delved until now.

Can't argue with Oregon's success, but it will be interesting to see if the longevity continues without Kelly.

One thing is for sure: they know how to condition their athletes...

drrew

Reaction score
Foster should have fun scrubbing that Auburn tattoo off his calf.

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
drrew":28jgmkk1 said:

haha, the reaction in the locker room should be interesting...

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":15p0ovom said:
drrew":15p0ovom said:

Should have chosen Washington and gotten an apartment in the city of Auburn.

well played sir.

Looks like UW will have to make due with Constantine. Kid played for Bellevue, so that's promising.