Lions release Titus Young

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Rams make some sense, reunite with Pettis and non-B.S. head coach and perhaps some security if Amendola leaves as a FA.

Cinci likely.

Don't want him here though, needs his head examined.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Ugh, no way.

This is a championship caliber team, he's not a championship caliber player (his head is not in it).

mikeak

Reaction score
Concern is that he didn't get open consistently despite playing with Megatron......

Not worried about attitude - no real risk in money he needs to succeed and shutup to get the big contract. Our locker room is strong enough that they can school him up / shut him up

FargoHawk

Reaction score
When I think of Titus Young, all I can think of is Mike Singletary's "I want winners/I would rather play with 10 guys" speech.

Pass!

ErikG803

Reaction score
Tempting... Not exactly hoping for it at this point but if Pete/JS are willing to make the move I'm willing to trust them

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He torched us this year...uggh. Not the type of WR we need though. Its time to get some more size at the position

lukerguy

Reaction score
PC only has a few rules. One of them is "protect the team". Not sure how Titus could have protected himself more and the team less...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
IMHO....this fellow is "cancer"......spelled with a capitol "C"! There are few things that Pete could do that would really shock me.....but this would be one!

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
He's 5'11", the Hawks have plenty of slot guys. Pass and it's a pretty easy call.

Decimation

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if they took a look at him to see where his head is at and if he would be committed to the program.

chawkjones

Reaction score
Let him come in and compete, i do not think he will make the team and as for the moment he is not a player i want, but we lose nothing letting him compete, i think he is headed for Canada personally.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Hell no.

The guy isn't going to help the Hawks, if he even made it. If the Hawks are going to get a WR with any experience there are names with a lot less trouble tied to them. The Lions CUT the guy, he cried about not getting balls and was in the doghouse of a coach who has Suh on his roster. That has trouble written all over it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The guy's main gripe was not getting the ball enough on a team that threw over 700 times!!!!! Only 8 other teams threw over 600 times...Seahawks barely threw over 400 times. With a team that already doesn't pass much and a QB that likes to spread it around, you guys honestly think he'll be happy with that? I don't think so.

CPHawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":1c2ixgdg said:
PC only has a few rules. One of them is "protect the team". Not sure how Titus could have protected himself more and the team less...

Detroit as a organization, and city isn't a place I would take their word for it on any player. People tend to have more issues when the organization is a head case throughout history as well. He didn't have these issues at Boise, so it seems Detroit could just as likely be the problem. If he comes cheap, I would take him without a doubt.

bellingerga

Reaction score
bigdaddydave":35vte7yn said:
Nope. Dude's an idiot and a cancer to any team.

Why waste our time?

Such a well thought out, insightful comment. Did Titus sleep with your wife/girlfriend?

Titus Young seems like a headcase but our coaching staff has turned a few headcases into team players since they've been here, and I think his talent level is high enough that you have to, at the very least consider bringing him in.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":om24mivd said:
hmmmm.

Not really the type of receiver I was hoping for and he's a problem. Still, might be worth taking a look Pete has proven he won't tolerate crap and he can just be dropped if it's an issue.

You are 1000000000000000000000% correct. That guy had it made on a hugely passing team and he created his own problems. I don't want that virus anywhere near the Seahawks.

Sturm

Reaction score
v1rotv2":2wahirrl said:
I don't think even PC will take a chance on a guy that intentionally lined up in the wrong position during a regular season game.

Say what? Link?