Post SB post ... A Good Thing Really

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Post SB post ... A Good Thing Really
Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:58 pm
  • “In order to be the best ... You gotta beat the best … Whooo” ~ Ric Flair (9 Time Pro-Wrestling Champion)

A tip of the hat to our division rival …

As most of us will revel in the 49ers loss in the SB, we should consider this …

We should look forward to the opportunity to face one of the best teams in the NFC next season.

Our division rivalry transcends that of our NFC West feud and reaches into the upper echelon of the conference as a whole.

The test will be beneficial as we move forward, think about it …

IMO, Our games next season within the division will likely decide who will represent our conference in the SB next year. Who’s better than these two teams, top to bottom, in the NFC ???

Much like Russell Wilson working against our awesome DEF, and it making him better, our team as a whole can look forward to the challenge of facing San Francisco ... thus strengthening our team ... And, upon whooping their asses (again) we move on in the post season with a furious anger !!!

Those wins will be a bold statement ...

I love the fact that they are a challenge for us next season, ultimately a good scrimmage for the championship !!!

I’m glad that SF is a good team … so we can whoop the snot out of em’ again and show the rest of the league we’re coming for them :49ersmall:
    I reject your reality and substitute my own
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Re: Post SB post ... A Good Thing Really
Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:22 pm
  • Absolutely agree.

I think SF is still the favorite in the NFC next year.

They will have a young and improving QB that already has postseason experience and postseason success.

The Ravens were completely in his head earlier in the game and that power outage allowed him to shake it off and prove (to himself too) that he can do the things that a top NFL QB needs to do.

A long time ago SF was consistently in the hunt for a SuperBowl, but so was Dallas. They both managed to make a few trips and win a few of them. The idea that you need someone else to trip so that you can win the race is loser talk. The Hawks are good enough to be solid for years to come and to compete for the NFC title for years to come. We should end up making it so the NFC Championship one of those years - but the wishing for SF to fail so we can reach it doesn't become us.

That said, the only reason I could see rooting for the loss for them is that the loser of the SB tends to make radical changes the next year to put them over the hump, changes that usually end up making the team worse not better. There is a reasonable history of SB losers that fell apart completely after just missing it.

But for me, I would rather it be a solid football fight between Seattle and SF for the NFC crown, just as SF and Dallas did at one time or just as Dallas and Green Bay did for awhile. Not that I am comparing us to those teams, as they won something and we have not reached the championship rung yet.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:51 pm
  • That's what I'm saying !!!

Can I get an AMEN !!!

If we can own SF, then look out !!!
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:54 pm
  • HawkHouse wrote:That's what I'm saying !!!

Can I get an AMEN !!!

If we can own them? Please, the last time we faced them it was 42-13 with krapernick pouting on the sidelines. We got this.
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:33 am
  • Again ... that's what I'm sayin' !!!
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:18 am
  • I'm not with you. I would love it if Kaep played awful next season and SF had a messy 2-14 season full of QB controversy.

TwistedHusky wrote:The idea that you need someone else to trip so that you can win the race is loser talk... wishing for SF to fail so we can reach it doesn't become us.

The fun part of having a nemesis is rooting for them to fail. I hope my rivals trip as hilariously as possible, hopefully in some manner involving a skateboard, a canoe and a dumpster. That isn't because I want to finish ahead of them as you might suggest. Rather, I want the chance to slow down and take a bunch of funny pictures of them with my cell phone camera and then send it to everybody they know.
    "Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades. I just gave the worst grade ever to Seattle." - WalterFootball.com
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:36 am
  • AgentDib wrote:I'm not with you. I would love it if Kaep played awful next season and SF had a messy 2-14 season full of QB controversy.

TwistedHusky wrote:The idea that you need someone else to trip so that you can win the race is loser talk... wishing for SF to fail so we can reach it doesn't become us.

The fun part of having a nemesis is rooting for them to fail. I hope my rivals trip as hilariously as possible, hopefully in some manner involving a skateboard, a canoe and a dumpster. That isn't because I want to finish ahead of them as you might suggest. Rather, I want the chance to slow down and take a bunch of funny pictures of them with my cell phone camera and then send it to everybody they know.

2-14 means they lose to NFC West opponents. I cannot agree to that formula. I think we need them to stomp the Cardinals and the Rams as we will. I would also like them to beat any NFC teams leading in their conferences such as GB or Atlanta or NY. Our BEST chance to make it to next(this) years SB is home field advantage thruout. As long as we beat San Francisco away and Home I don't care who else they win or lose to aside from the above games.
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:42 am
  • HawkHouse wrote:with a furious anger !!!

I can just see Samuel L. Jackson saying that.....what a mental image that conjures up!

Hey waiter......I'll have a Samuel L. Jackson please!
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:06 am
  • looking forward to taking another trip down to SF next year to watch the hawks. This year that thursday night game was a little disappointing to say the least.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:38 am
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    HawkHouse wrote:That's what I'm saying !!!

Can I get an AMEN !!!

If we can own them? Please, the last time we faced them it was 42-13 with krapernick pouting on the sidelines. We got this.

That game was so long ago if you consider what Kaepernick has done since then. You're 12th man ain't nothing compared to what this young kid has been through since then. But if it makes you feel better then keep going to that game. BTW I do respect the Seahawks and am not bashing the hawks.
    TheGOAT#80
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:49 am
  • I wanted to 9ers to win, just for the NFC dominance thing, Their Defense had fallen off big time.

We would have beat the Ravens yesterday. No Doubt.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:59 pm
  • I want to see the Niners fail, just because I want to see Harbaugh throw fits like the whiner that he is.

A 4 win season would probably cause him to explode a blood vessel in his face.

Excellent.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:39 pm
  • TheGOAT#80 wrote:You're 12th man ain't nothing compared to what this young kid has been through since then.

You're right, in a sense; every environment he has faced since Seattle has been a breeze to think and operate in, comparatively. Kaepernick has no doubt been thankful that nobody is as loud as us. You saw how he looked all night in Seattle. You know it's true, even if you won't admit it. :)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:44 pm
  • TheGOAT#80 wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:
    HawkHouse wrote:That's what I'm saying !!!

Can I get an AMEN !!!

That game was so long ago if you consider what Kaepernick has done since then. You're 12th man ain't nothing compared to what this young kid has been through since then. But if it makes you feel better then keep going to that game. BTW I do respect the Seahawks and am not bashing the hawks.

He will not come in here and win. He just won't.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:49 am
  • Lol @ TheGOAT#80. I mean, Russell Wilson went undefeated at home in his rookie year, while squaring off against Brady and Rodgers, of all people. Yet Colin Kaepernick is going to win in Seattle next year?

I sincerely doubt it. You guys are a very good team, and we may lose to you in your house, but it's VERY unlikely you'll beat us in ours.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:32 am
  • Need someone else to trip so you can win the race is loser talk?
    Wishing for SF to fail doesn't become us?

Listen, every time that Jim Hairball bunch steps on the field I want them to lose.
    I want them to lose to every team they play but prefer the humiliating losses be
    at the hands of the Seahawks.

I want their wives to leave them, their grandmothers to get diarrhea and their
    dogs to sprain their paws.

And some teams I dislike even more than them.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:47 am
  • Gentlemen. If Alex Smith can win in Seattle, I'm sure Kaepernick can. You all have a good team, but you're not unbeatable.

If you guys could have beaten the Ravens, you would have beaten the Falcons. Just sayin.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to SF's away game in Seattle next year; I don't think there's a home field that feeds their team like Seattle does, and it definitely makes a difference. I don't see either of our teams being dominant next year though, unfortunately. Both playoff teams, yes, but dominant 12+ win teams? Probably not.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:20 am
  • The Rams will pose as great a threat to the Seahawks and the Niners as the Seahawks and Niners will to each other. That's my prediction.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:27 am
  • 60niners wrote:Gentlemen. If Alex Smith can win in Seattle

Irrelevant.

He didn't beat this Seahawks team in Seattle. He beat a team led by Tarvaris Jackson. Who threw out of bounds on 4th down.

One of the great memories of the 42-13 outclassing of San Francisco was seeing Kaepernick holding onto his helmet, shaking his head looking completely flustered because he couldn't hear himself think. It was a thing of beauty. That and the way we destroyed your soul and made you want to get on the plane to California at half time... just like we did the to Cowboys and Cardinals.

Kaepernick's a good quarterback. But he's going to be wetting his pants the week of his next visit to Seattle.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:02 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Kaepernick's a good quarterback. But he's going to be wetting his pants the week of his next visit to Seattle.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel good buddy. I highly doubt that at all. SF winning in Seattle isn't some unprecedented feat... We won there even when we were terrible. He didn't wet his pants when he had to visit Gillette Stadium in December during inclement weather where the Patriots haven't lost in 10 years.... He's just not that type of player.

Though, I do think Kaepernick's overconfidence is an issue. Maybe losing the big one will bring him back down to earth a bit.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:16 am
  • 60niners wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Kaepernick's a good quarterback. But he's going to be wetting his pants the week of his next visit to Seattle.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel good buddy. I highly doubt that at all. SF winning in Seattle isn't some unprecedented feat... We won there even when we were terrible.

Though, I do think Kaepernick's overconfidence is an issue. Maybe losing the big one will bring him back down to earth a bit.

I don't need to 'tell' myself anything. We've seen it play out. He looked like a lost little boy in that 42-13 game. If you want to paint an argument that says he'll cope better with experience, feel free. But you're the one who has to try and do the convincing here. I don't think I've seen a quarterback so visibly pained by the atmosphere and environment. He couldn't cope. Just one of the aspects as to why we won in such a comprehensive fashion.

In fairness his struggles were just one small factor of the soul-destroying beat down. Out-fought, out-coached, out-played in every facet. That's the team you better expect to play over the next few years. So bring your A-game.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    60niners wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Kaepernick's a good quarterback. But he's going to be wetting his pants the week of his next visit to Seattle.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel good buddy. I highly doubt that at all. SF winning in Seattle isn't some unprecedented feat... We won there even when we were terrible.

I don't need to 'tell' myself anything. We've seen it play out. He looked like a lost little boy in that 42-13 game. If you want to paint an argument that says he'll cope better with experience, feel free. But you're the one who has to try and do the convincing here. I don't think I've seen a quarterback so visibly pained by the atmosphere and environment. He couldn't cope. Just one of the aspects as to why we won in such a comprehensive fashion.

In fairness his struggles were just one small factor of the soul-destroying beat down. Out-fought, out-coached, out-played in every facet. That's the team you better expect to play over the next few years. So bring your A-game.

:192214:

Take a bow English. Well done my friend.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:30 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    60niners wrote:

Yes, you guys won by a lot. Yes, we played poorly. That does not mean for a second that I believe that Seattle is 30 points better than SF on any given Sunday. The Niners have come out flat and pathetic in more than a few games this year... The game in Seattle included. Might they have lost anyway, sure there's always that possibility... But you can't suggest to me that the Niners played a good game and were still thoroughly demolished. On their game, the Niners are easily one of the most talented team in the league.

But... I'm emotional and responding in an emotional fashion.
    Last edited by 60niners on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 am
  • 60niners wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    60niners wrote:Whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel good buddy. I highly doubt that at all. SF winning in Seattle isn't some unprecedented feat... We won there even when we were terrible.

Yes, you guys won by a lot. Yes, we played poorly. That does not mean for a second that I believe that Seattle is 30 points better than SF on any given Sunday. The Niners have come out flat and pathetic in more than a few games this year... The game in Seattle included. Might they have lost anyway, sure there's always that possibility... But you can't suggest to me that the Niners played a good game and were still thoroughly demolished. On their game, the Niners are easily the most talented team in the league.

You sure put down a lot of words in order to say nothing of substance.

Also, you are right that Niners didn't play a good game. They didn't play a good game because Seattle at its best forced them to play terribly. There's a cause and effect relationship there.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:36 am
  • 60niners wrote:The Niners have come out flat and pathetic in more than a few games this year... The game in Seattle included.

Don't forget the Super Bowl...

60niners wrote:But you can't suggest to me that the Niners played a good game and were still thoroughly demolished. On their game, the Niners are easily the most talented team in the league.

EASILY? While we're making baseless claims that can't be backed up... I GUARENTEE that the 2013/14 Seahawks will play better football than the 49ers ever have under Jim Harbaugh.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:38 am
  • Can we get a single thread for all this SF nonsense?

This garbage is cluttering up the most important aspect of this board, the Seahawks. Starting to look like a SF forum, haha.

Also, San Fran is not beating us next year. BOOK IT.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:06 am
  • NYCoug wrote:
    60niners wrote:The Niners have come out flat and pathetic in more than a few games this year... The game in Seattle included.

Don't forget the Super Bowl...

60niners wrote:But you can't suggest to me that the Niners played a good game and were still thoroughly demolished. On their game, the Niners are easily the most talented team in the league.

EASILY? While we're making baseless claims that can't be backed up... I GUARENTEE that the 2013/14 Seahawks will play better football than the 49ers ever have under Jim Harbaugh.

I amended my post lol.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:13 am
  • 60niners wrote:Gentlemen. If Alex Smith can win in Seattle, I'm sure Kaepernick can. You all have a good team, but you're not unbeatable.

If you guys could have beaten the Ravens, you would have beaten the Falcons. Just sayin.

All about the path to get to those games right? That half game allowed you to have a bye, home game and 1 east coast game. Which you won, like we won our first east coast game game.

By the time we'd played Atlanta, it was our second east coast game in consecutive weeks. Only one other west coast team has ever won back to back east coast games in the playoffs in NFL history. It's an incredibly hard thing to do. Only been done once, we were close to making it a second.

But no worries, we'll wrap up the NFC West this season, and won't have that problem again. Just sayin. 8)
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:15 am
  • These crazy 49ers fans. Their team won two fewer games this year as compared to last year, whereas we improved dramatically and our defense doesn't depend on ONE MAN to be good. (Hello, Justin Smith? Please pick up the white courtesy phone.)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:19 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:These crazy 49ers fans. Their team won two fewer games this year as compared to last year, whereas we improved dramatically and our defense doesn't depend on ONE MAN to be good. (Hello, Justin Smith? Please pick up the white courtesy phone.)

Every team (mostly) goes down this road. Niner defense improved dramatically from '10 to '11. There's no evidence to suggest one way or another that Seattles defense won't regress next year, like the Niners' did in '12.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 am
  • I don't think ours will regress mainly because we managed to have an elite defense without a good pass rush, which is nearly unheard of. Most great secondaries depend on a good pass rush to pressure the QBs into less-than-stellar throws a good percentage of the time, and our LB corps is good but not great like yours. Give us a healthy Justin Smith and one of your two best LBers, and we would probably set an all-time defensive record and average under 10 points allowed per game for a whole year.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 am
  • 60niners wrote:On their game, the Niners are easily one of the most talented team in the league.

One of the best. Not 'easily the most'.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:50 am
  • The last time there was a team that was "easily the most talented team in the league", they went on to have a perfect season (including winning the Super Bowl) in 1972.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:39 pm
  • two dog wrote:Need someone else to trip so you can win the race is loser talk?

Listen, every time that Jim Hairball bunch steps on the field I want them to lose.
    I want them to lose to every team they play but prefer the humiliating losses be

Why the dog?
    NorCalHawk12
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:29 pm
  • NorCalHawk12 wrote:
    two dog wrote:Need someone else to trip so you can win the race is loser talk?

Why the dog?

Why not? That's a Niner dog, same as a Niner wife or Niner granny.
    Don't get me started on Niner cars, kids and parakeets.
    Besides, I like cats.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:55 pm
  • What is it with so many Niners fans hanging out on a Seahawks board? Smells like fear
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:09 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:What is it with so many Niners fans hanging out on a Seahawks board? Smells like fear

Niners fans are Frontrunners by nature. So naturally, they're starting to pay attention to the best team in the NFL. :th2thumbs:
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:15 am
  • NYCoug wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:What is it with so many Niners fans hanging out on a Seahawks board? Smells like fear

Niners fans are Frontrunners by nature. So naturally, they're starting to pay attention to the best team in the NFL. :th2thumbs:

They are, we went to the mall on SB Sunday, saw several people in brand new right off the shelf niner hats, they still had the stickers on 'em and everything. Frontrunners.....
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:03 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    NYCoug wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:What is it with so many Niners fans hanging out on a Seahawks board? Smells like fear

They are, we went to the mall on SB Sunday, saw several people in brand new right off the shelf niner hats, they still had the stickers on 'em and everything. Frontrunners.....

If you all came around the 49er forums during our dark ages, you would still see the same ol fans hoping year in and year out with all of that unwarranted optimism.

These days, the internet makes it easy to chat football with opposing fans. When you all were in the AFC west, there wasn't any need for a Niner fan to give a hoot about your team; these days it makes more sense.

Take it as a compliment.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:37 pm
  • 60niners wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:These crazy 49ers fans. Their team won two fewer games this year as compared to last year, whereas we improved dramatically and our defense doesn't depend on ONE MAN to be good. (Hello, Justin Smith? Please pick up the white courtesy phone.)

Every team (mostly) goes down this road. Niner defense improved dramatically from '10 to '11. There's no evidence to suggest one way or another that Seattles defense won't regress next year, like the Niners' did in '12.

The Hawks will be better next year, they got rid of one of the few "weak links",
    When Gus "soft/prevent defense" Bradley the d-coord took a head coaching gig!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:28 pm
  • I was gonna mention how ugly the SF game in NE was (Kaep didnt wet his pants but he coughed up the ball plenty) and how it was a lucky fluke because of the multiple fumbles that all went SF's way and how NE nearly came back and won, but that was so long ago in this thread that its prob not important any more... :twisted:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information