Post SB post ... A Good Thing Really

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
60niners":3jokktg7 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3jokktg7 said:
Kaepernick's a good quarterback. But he's going to be wetting his pants the week of his next visit to Seattle.
Whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel good buddy. I highly doubt that at all. SF winning in Seattle isn't some unprecedented feat... We won there even when we were terrible.

Though, I do think Kaepernick's overconfidence is an issue. Maybe losing the big one will bring him back down to earth a bit.

I don't need to 'tell' myself anything. We've seen it play out. He looked like a lost little boy in that 42-13 game. If you want to paint an argument that says he'll cope better with experience, feel free. But you're the one who has to try and do the convincing here. I don't think I've seen a quarterback so visibly pained by the atmosphere and environment. He couldn't cope. Just one of the aspects as to why we won in such a comprehensive fashion.

In fairness his struggles were just one small factor of the soul-destroying beat down. Out-fought, out-coached, out-played in every facet. That's the team you better expect to play over the next few years. So bring your A-game.

NYCoug

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1yrr4tks said:
60niners":1yrr4tks said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1yrr4tks said:
Kaepernick's a good quarterback. But he's going to be wetting his pants the week of his next visit to Seattle.
Whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel good buddy. I highly doubt that at all. SF winning in Seattle isn't some unprecedented feat... We won there even when we were terrible.

Though, I do think Kaepernick's overconfidence is an issue. Maybe losing the big one will bring him back down to earth a bit.

I don't need to 'tell' myself anything. We've seen it play out. He looked like a lost little boy in that 42-13 game. If you want to paint an argument that says he'll cope better with experience, feel free. But you're the one who has to try and do the convincing here. I don't think I've seen a quarterback so visibly pained by the atmosphere and environment. He couldn't cope. Just one of the aspects as to why we won in such a comprehensive fashion.

In fairness his struggles were just one small factor of the soul-destroying beat down. Out-fought, out-coached, out-played in every facet. That's the team you better expect to play over the next few years. So bring your A-game.

:192214:

Take a bow English. Well done my friend.

60niners

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":fpcxk0tt said:
60niners":fpcxk0tt said:
theENGLISHseahawk":fpcxk0tt said:

Yes, you guys won by a lot. Yes, we played poorly. That does not mean for a second that I believe that Seattle is 30 points better than SF on any given Sunday. The Niners have come out flat and pathetic in more than a few games this year... The game in Seattle included. Might they have lost anyway, sure there's always that possibility... But you can't suggest to me that the Niners played a good game and were still thoroughly demolished. On their game, the Niners are easily one of the most talented team in the league.

But... I'm emotional and responding in an emotional fashion.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
60niners":25p2hiqm said:
theENGLISHseahawk":25p2hiqm said:
60niners":25p2hiqm said:

Yes, you guys won by a lot. Yes, we played poorly. That does not mean for a second that I believe that Seattle is 30 points better than SF on any given Sunday. The Niners have come out flat and pathetic in more than a few games this year... The game in Seattle included. Might they have lost anyway, sure there's always that possibility... But you can't suggest to me that the Niners played a good game and were still thoroughly demolished. On their game, the Niners are easily the most talented team in the league.

You sure put down a lot of words in order to say nothing of substance.

Also, you are right that Niners didn't play a good game. They didn't play a good game because Seattle at its best forced them to play terribly. There's a cause and effect relationship there.

NYCoug

Reaction score
60niners":1ltbpjcr said:
The Niners have come out flat and pathetic in more than a few games this year... The game in Seattle included.

Don't forget the Super Bowl...

60niners":1ltbpjcr said:
But you can't suggest to me that the Niners played a good game and were still thoroughly demolished. On their game, the Niners are easily the most talented team in the league.

EASILY? While we're making baseless claims that can't be backed up... I GUARENTEE that the 2013/14 Seahawks will play better football than the 49ers ever have under Jim Harbaugh.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Can we get a single thread for all this SF nonsense?

This garbage is cluttering up the most important aspect of this board, the Seahawks. Starting to look like a SF forum, haha.

Also, San Fran is not beating us next year. BOOK IT.

60niners

Reaction score
NYCoug":3hq365q9 said:
60niners":3hq365q9 said:
The Niners have come out flat and pathetic in more than a few games this year... The game in Seattle included.

Don't forget the Super Bowl...

60niners":3hq365q9 said:
But you can't suggest to me that the Niners played a good game and were still thoroughly demolished. On their game, the Niners are easily the most talented team in the league.

EASILY? While we're making baseless claims that can't be backed up... I GUARENTEE that the 2013/14 Seahawks will play better football than the 49ers ever have under Jim Harbaugh.
I amended my post lol.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
60niners":3fsmez0e said:
Gentlemen. If Alex Smith can win in Seattle, I'm sure Kaepernick can. You all have a good team, but you're not unbeatable.

If you guys could have beaten the Ravens, you would have beaten the Falcons. Just sayin.

All about the path to get to those games right? That half game allowed you to have a bye, home game and 1 east coast game. Which you won, like we won our first east coast game game.

By the time we'd played Atlanta, it was our second east coast game in consecutive weeks. Only one other west coast team has ever won back to back east coast games in the playoffs in NFL history. It's an incredibly hard thing to do. Only been done once, we were close to making it a second.

But no worries, we'll wrap up the NFC West this season, and won't have that problem again. Just sayin. 8)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
These crazy 49ers fans. Their team won two fewer games this year as compared to last year, whereas we improved dramatically and our defense doesn't depend on ONE MAN to be good. (Hello, Justin Smith? Please pick up the white courtesy phone.)

60niners

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":23cnrluu said:
These crazy 49ers fans. Their team won two fewer games this year as compared to last year, whereas we improved dramatically and our defense doesn't depend on ONE MAN to be good. (Hello, Justin Smith? Please pick up the white courtesy phone.)
Every team (mostly) goes down this road. Niner defense improved dramatically from '10 to '11. There's no evidence to suggest one way or another that Seattles defense won't regress next year, like the Niners' did in '12.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't think ours will regress mainly because we managed to have an elite defense without a good pass rush, which is nearly unheard of. Most great secondaries depend on a good pass rush to pressure the QBs into less-than-stellar throws a good percentage of the time, and our LB corps is good but not great like yours. Give us a healthy Justin Smith and one of your two best LBers, and we would probably set an all-time defensive record and average under 10 points allowed per game for a whole year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The last time there was a team that was "easily the most talented team in the league", they went on to have a perfect season (including winning the Super Bowl) in 1972.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
two dog":3i6o2m04 said:
Need someone else to trip so you can win the race is loser talk?
Wishing for SF to fail doesn't become us?

Listen, every time that Jim Hairball bunch steps on the field I want them to lose.
I want them to lose to every team they play but prefer the humiliating losses be
at the hands of the Seahawks.

I want their wives to leave them, their grandmothers to get diarrhea and their
dogs to sprain their paws.

And some teams I dislike even more than them.

Why the dog?

two dog

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":2kf4553t said:
two dog":2kf4553t said:
Need someone else to trip so you can win the race is loser talk?
Wishing for SF to fail doesn't become us?

Listen, every time that Jim Hairball bunch steps on the field I want them to lose.
I want them to lose to every team they play but prefer the humiliating losses be
at the hands of the Seahawks.

I want their wives to leave them, their grandmothers to get diarrhea and their
dogs to sprain their paws.

And some teams I dislike even more than them.

Why the dog?

Why not? That's a Niner dog, same as a Niner wife or Niner granny.
Don't get me started on Niner cars, kids and parakeets.
Besides, I like cats.

NYCoug

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":181dtl5r said:
What is it with so many Niners fans hanging out on a Seahawks board? Smells like fear

Niners fans are Frontrunners by nature. So naturally, they're starting to pay attention to the best team in the NFL. :th2thumbs:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
NYCoug":26aeol3d said:
SoulfishHawk":26aeol3d said:
What is it with so many Niners fans hanging out on a Seahawks board? Smells like fear

Niners fans are Frontrunners by nature. So naturally, they're starting to pay attention to the best team in the NFL. :th2thumbs:

They are, we went to the mall on SB Sunday, saw several people in brand new right off the shelf niner hats, they still had the stickers on 'em and everything. Frontrunners.....

60niners

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":27u4z0yj said:
NYCoug":27u4z0yj said:
SoulfishHawk":27u4z0yj said:

They are, we went to the mall on SB Sunday, saw several people in brand new right off the shelf niner hats, they still had the stickers on 'em and everything. Frontrunners.....
If you all came around the 49er forums during our dark ages, you would still see the same ol fans hoping year in and year out with all of that unwarranted optimism.

These days, the internet makes it easy to chat football with opposing fans. When you all were in the AFC west, there wasn't any need for a Niner fan to give a hoot about your team; these days it makes more sense.

Take it as a compliment.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
60niners":33jqwcdp said:
RolandDeschain":33jqwcdp said:
Every team (mostly) goes down this road. Niner defense improved dramatically from '10 to '11. There's no evidence to suggest one way or another that Seattles defense won't regress next year, like the Niners' did in '12.
The Hawks will be better next year, they got rid of one of the few "weak links",
When Gus "soft/prevent defense" Bradley the d-coord took a head coaching gig!