Ran into GTate in Whistler here

mikeak

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1ckg1g1r said:
If I'm not mistaken, player contracts prohibit them from participating in extra-gridiron activities which have the high liklihood of causing swift and devastating knee and ankle injuries. Skydiving, snow skiing, base jumping, (et al) are not usually enjoyed by the pro football player friends.

At least, that is my understanding. A ruling perhaps?

Depends on the contracts they can put waivers in there from those things but I was reading through to see if someone pointed this out. Most contracts will specifically not allow something like skiing or heck riding motorcycles (Jay Williams - NBA Duke player anybody?)

OP - you should have reminded him if the bakery was closed when you were done partying DON'T SNEAK IN THERE :)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Tate seems to become more of a weapon every year he plays. The guy gets ball and is crazy elusive, with awesome speed.

He appears to really be having a great time. He is certainly part of a very underrated WR core. I'm sure the Hawks will always be trying to find that stud guy, but these guys made some tremendous catches this year, especially Baldwin and Rice. If Tate keeps improving he will make for a crazy weapon.

olyfan63

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":24w5hs3l said:
...but these guys made some tremendous catches this year, especially Baldwin and Rice.
Did you mean Tate and Rice?
It's hard for me to remember Baldwin making many tremendous catches this year, since he was injured a lot and when he played, his number wasn't called very much.
Refresh my memory on all the tremendous catches Baldwin made... I'm only coming up with a small handful of memorable ones from him. But I recall Tate making play-after-play, getting first downs with YAC, making guys miss, making key catches.

DistantHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":nkkuyqfl said:
loafoftatupu":nkkuyqfl said:
...but these guys made some tremendous catches this year, especially Baldwin and Rice.
It's hard for me to remember Baldwin making many tremendous catches this year, since he was injured a lot and when he played, his number wasn't called very much.
Refresh my memory on all the tremendous catches Baldwin made... I'm only coming up with a small handful of memorable ones from him. But I recall Tate making play-after-play, getting first downs with YAC, making guys miss, making key catches.

TD and centre field catches against Pats and 9ers come to mind.

On a totally unrelated note - first post on .NET after lurking for ages.

Zowert

Reaction score
pehawk":2k1thhjg said:
Here's a picture of kearly in Whistler.

joshsaviano.JPG

Paul from 'The Wonder Years'??

pehawk

Reaction score
Yes. He too basically had to live in a bubble due to allergies. I wonder if the rumors that kearly grew up to be Marilyn Manson are true?

HawkWow

Reaction score
bubbrubb":3k5p6c9a said:
I think he was just up checking things out...was his gf's bday according to twitter so probably a little getaway for them...didnt mention skiing. I bobsled up here adn was tryin to get him in the back of my sled for a run....but I tend to crash alot so probably good thing for y'all he had to leave today hah!

Was his GF real or.....?

FargoHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":105vhz1n said:
Yes. He too basically had to live in a bubble due to allergies. I wonder if the rumors that kearly grew up to be Marilyn Manson are true?
Well played sir, Well played!

benbu75

Reaction score
DistantHawk":1wf66egx said:
olyfan63":1wf66egx said:
loafoftatupu":1wf66egx said:

TD and centre field catches against Pats and 9ers come to mind.

On a totally unrelated note - first post on .NET after lurking for ages.

Juggling 43 yard catch vs. SF
6 yard TD catch vs. 49ers showed a lot of concentration because Wilson threw it so far out in front of him.
Great footwork in the corner of the end zone getting his feet down for a 4 yd. td lob vs. 49ers
Got knocked down by Arrington at the line of scrimmage and still beat him for a 24 yd. TD catch vs. NE
Great 50 catch over the middle on Arrington vs. NE
Really nice catch and run vs. Redskins for 33 yards on the drive that brought it to 14-13
Nice 27 yard catch and run to set up Lynch 3 yd. TD vs. Cards
3rd and 10 catch for 12 yards in OT vs. Bears to set up game winning TD to Rice
The 49 yd. 4th quarter catch vs. StL that was nullified by the McCoy holding penalty was pretty sweet too

Doug didn't have a lot of opportunities this year, partially due to injuries and partly due to the emergence of Golden Tate, but he definitely made his presence known when he was needed, especially on 3rd down (as a slot receiver should). When I think of Doug Baldwin this year, what comes to mind was thinking "Oh MY GOD, I can't believe he just made that catch!" when I did see him in action. Certainly, the NE and SF games were his biggest, but that 33 yarder vs. Washington and the 3rd down OT catch to set up the win in Chicago were really clutch.

Of his 29 catches on the 2012 season, 18 of them were for first downs (62%). Compare this to Tate, who was 29/45 (64%), Rice (37/50, 74%), and Miller (18/38, 47%) and he was definitely a consistent contributor, even with lower activity levels. If we compare to the 49ers, Crabtree (57/85, 67%), Davis (26/41, 63%), Manningham (21/42, 50%), and Moss (22/28, 78%) and you have a pretty comparable group of receivers.

Out of curiosity I also looked at New Orleans and Green Bay. In NO, Colston 78%, Moore 84%, Graham 69%, and Sproles 38%. In GB, Cobb 56%, Jones 70%, Nelson 73%, Finley 51%, and Jennings 61%.

I think if you segue this into looking at the Seahawks receiving corps, where they are and where they could be, they definitely have the talent to be a championship corps. With the continued development of Wilson and our run first philosophy, our receivers are definitely consistent enough. I think if the Seahawks want to take a step up, they need to get another receiver in the 70-80% range. Green Bay has 2, New Orleans has 2 and I would bet other "elite" receiving corps around the league are comparable. Free agents that come to mind are Wallace and Bowe who are both in that 70-80% range. Jennings might be if he is in a corps without so many weapons, as was seen from 2008-2010, before the emergence of Nelson and Jones.

Latest posts