AMAZING Draft Video On Seahawks w/ Pat Kerwin

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
Hey, sorry to be posting so many videos but my loins are goin for the seahawks already for next year. This is an amazing video

[youtube]pfxINgQJkKo[/youtube]

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Tavon Austin would be simply awesome. If they can address D-lineman in free agency... maybe they could add such an offensive weapon. He would be electric with Wilson.

zayden185

Reaction score
In regards to Austin...if we score more points, pass rush is still a high need but with our coverage we can send an extra blitzer to get pressure

I like Austin but Defense wins Championships!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
zayden185":1rrvb8wv said:
In regards to Austin...if we score more points, pass rush is still a high need but with our coverage we can send an extra blitzer to get pressure

I like Austin but Defense wins Championships!
But, we're talking about 1 draft selection. Defense can be had in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. My argument is "don't reach on a defensive player" in round 1 if the guy you want just isn't there. If Austin is there... he's a potential game changer. I don't know if he's going to be a 1st rounder or early 2nd. But, in that range. I don't think the Hawks (nor the fans) would regret taking him. But, if we take some D-lineman that ends up being a dud (while Tavon Austin is with a rival and kicking our tails)... it sure makes sense then. I'm not saying Austin is an absolute guarantee... but, he's got speed, seems to check out as a person, and is a versatile weapon. He plays tougher than his size.

Also, on the "Defense wins Championships"... I will say that it's probably really more about time of possession and keeping your Defense (no matter how talented) off the field as much as possible. So, it works both ways. You can actually improve your Defense by making sure the Offense is equipped to move the ball and give the Defense time to rest (and the other offense time to sit and get no momentum.) Also, if the offense is so electric and has the capacity to put up a lot of points (with the current defense the hawks have now...), the opposing team is likely going to get into a situation of playing catch up and playing right into our strength. Bruce Irvin becomes much more effective and our DB's licking their chops.

The best way to win a game is score more points that the other team. Look at this year's Super Bowl Defenses. I would say it was won by the offensive play (in a game with teams perhaps known more for their Defenses.)

Latest posts