Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Montori Hughes article from FGs
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
http://www.fieldgulls.com/videos/2013/2/4/3952296/nfl-draft-2013-dt-montori-hughes-a-possible-target-for-the-seahawks

I especially found the Kirwan interview to be interesting.

Hughes is a former Tennessee top recruit who was asked to leave due to off field issues...Sounds like a Janoris Jenkins type from last year. Initially he didn't jump off the tape in the first video, but as the game progressed he began to create havoc. In the Senior Bowl he looked very good. Perhaps our DT isn't going to be a top 2 round guy? Just a thought.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Montori Hughes article from FGs
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:44 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
Kirwan was at the senior bowl, he could have paid close attention to who Pete is eyeballing pretty easily. I could see Hughes being a pick for Seattle for sure.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Montori Hughes article from FGs
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 6:56 am
Posts: 128
IMO not worth a draft pick. I'd take him as a FA, but very high risk with low reward potential. The guy was as lazy as could be at UT and never really was a factor when he played. There are some guys out there that are extremely talented head cases...not Montori.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Montori Hughes article from FGs
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am
Posts: 664
volshawk wrote:
IMO not worth a draft pick. I'd take him as a FA, but very high risk with low reward potential. The guy was as lazy as could be at UT and never really was a factor when he played. There are some guys out there that are extremely talented head cases...not Montori.


Don't know how you could say that. He seems to be getting great interior push despite being double teamed 99% of the time. What I like the most, even though its against Northern Illinois, is he continues to show effort even during the late quarters with the score out of hand. That doesn't read "lazy" to me.

_________________
Image
San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Montori Hughes article from FGs
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:25 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 6:56 am
Posts: 128
As a UT grad and a diehard Vols fan, I believe I can say that. Maybe getting booted from the team made him mature, but he was a huge disappointment in K'Ville. I will put it this way. UT hasn't had the greatest talent over the past few years, but his departure was actually a benefit to the team (ala addition by subtraction ).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Montori Hughes article from FGs
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am
Posts: 664
volshawk wrote:
As a UT grad and a diehard Vols fan, I believe I can say that. Maybe getting booted from the team made him mature, but he was a huge disappointment in K'Ville. I will put it this way. UT hasn't had the greatest talent over the past few years, but his departure was actually a benefit to the team (ala addition by subtraction ).


Fair enough. He doesn't seem to be a road scholar by any means, but totaling 31 tackles (8.5 for loss) 4 sacks and 13 QB hurries starting only 7 games I believe is not bad at all. 3rd round if possible, imo.

_________________
Image
San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Montori Hughes article from FGs
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
Mistashoesta wrote:
volshawk wrote:
As a UT grad and a diehard Vols fan, I believe I can say that. Maybe getting booted from the team made him mature, but he was a huge disappointment in K'Ville. I will put it this way. UT hasn't had the greatest talent over the past few years, but his departure was actually a benefit to the team (ala addition by subtraction ).


Fair enough. He doesn't seem to be a road scholar by any means, but totaling 31 tackles (8.5 for loss) 4 sacks and 13 QB hurries starting only 7 games I believe is not bad at all. 3rd round if possible, imo.



FYI, I think it's called Rhodes Scholarship.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Montori Hughes article from FGs
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am
Posts: 664
lukerguy wrote:
Mistashoesta wrote:
volshawk wrote:
As a UT grad and a diehard Vols fan, I believe I can say that. Maybe getting booted from the team made him mature, but he was a huge disappointment in K'Ville. I will put it this way. UT hasn't had the greatest talent over the past few years, but his departure was actually a benefit to the team (ala addition by subtraction ).


Fair enough. He doesn't seem to be a road scholar by any means, but totaling 31 tackles (8.5 for loss) 4 sacks and 13 QB hurries starting only 7 games I believe is not bad at all. 3rd round if possible, imo.



FYI, I think it's called Rhodes Scholarship.


That's fine. I'd rather have a road grader anyway :mrgreen: .

_________________
Image
San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ASuperForce, InadvertentSmell and 18 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.