Montori Hughes article from FGs

lukerguy

Reaction score
http://www.fieldgulls.com/videos/20...ori-hughes-a-possible-target-for-the-seahawks

I especially found the Kirwan interview to be interesting.

Hughes is a former Tennessee top recruit who was asked to leave due to off field issues...Sounds like a Janoris Jenkins type from last year. Initially he didn't jump off the tape in the first video, but as the game progressed he began to create havoc. In the Senior Bowl he looked very good. Perhaps our DT isn't going to be a top 2 round guy? Just a thought.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Kirwan was at the senior bowl, he could have paid close attention to who Pete is eyeballing pretty easily. I could see Hughes being a pick for Seattle for sure.

volshawk

Reaction score
IMO not worth a draft pick. I'd take him as a FA, but very high risk with low reward potential. The guy was as lazy as could be at UT and never really was a factor when he played. There are some guys out there that are extremely talented head cases...not Montori.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
volshawk":39cepndo said:
IMO not worth a draft pick. I'd take him as a FA, but very high risk with low reward potential. The guy was as lazy as could be at UT and never really was a factor when he played. There are some guys out there that are extremely talented head cases...not Montori.

Don't know how you could say that. He seems to be getting great interior push despite being double teamed 99% of the time. What I like the most, even though its against Northern Illinois, is he continues to show effort even during the late quarters with the score out of hand. That doesn't read "lazy" to me.
[youtube]9ngG5CpuQbc[/youtube]

volshawk

Reaction score
As a UT grad and a diehard Vols fan, I believe I can say that. Maybe getting booted from the team made him mature, but he was a huge disappointment in K'Ville. I will put it this way. UT hasn't had the greatest talent over the past few years, but his departure was actually a benefit to the team (ala addition by subtraction ).

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
volshawk":3h236hzb said:
As a UT grad and a diehard Vols fan, I believe I can say that. Maybe getting booted from the team made him mature, but he was a huge disappointment in K'Ville. I will put it this way. UT hasn't had the greatest talent over the past few years, but his departure was actually a benefit to the team (ala addition by subtraction ).

Fair enough. He doesn't seem to be a road scholar by any means, but totaling 31 tackles (8.5 for loss) 4 sacks and 13 QB hurries starting only 7 games I believe is not bad at all. 3rd round if possible, imo.

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1vciaeal said:
volshawk":1vciaeal said:

Fair enough. He doesn't seem to be a road scholar by any means, but totaling 31 tackles (8.5 for loss) 4 sacks and 13 QB hurries starting only 7 games I believe is not bad at all. 3rd round if possible, imo.

FYI, I think it's called Rhodes Scholarship.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
lukerguy":38n5yy7p said:
Mistashoesta":38n5yy7p said:
volshawk":38n5yy7p said:

FYI, I think it's called Rhodes Scholarship.

That's fine. I'd rather have a road grader anyway :mrgreen: .