Montori Hughes article from FGs

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Montori Hughes article from FGs
Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:43 pm
  • http://www.fieldgulls.com/videos/2013/2/4/3952296/nfl-draft-2013-dt-montori-hughes-a-possible-target-for-the-seahawks

I especially found the Kirwan interview to be interesting.

Hughes is a former Tennessee top recruit who was asked to leave due to off field issues...Sounds like a Janoris Jenkins type from last year. Initially he didn't jump off the tape in the first video, but as the game progressed he began to create havoc. In the Senior Bowl he looked very good. Perhaps our DT isn't going to be a top 2 round guy? Just a thought.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Re: Montori Hughes article from FGs
Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:44 am
  • Kirwan was at the senior bowl, he could have paid close attention to who Pete is eyeballing pretty easily. I could see Hughes being a pick for Seattle for sure.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm
  • IMO not worth a draft pick. I'd take him as a FA, but very high risk with low reward potential. The guy was as lazy as could be at UT and never really was a factor when he played. There are some guys out there that are extremely talented head cases...not Montori.
    volshawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:01 pm
  • volshawk wrote:IMO not worth a draft pick. I'd take him as a FA, but very high risk with low reward potential. The guy was as lazy as could be at UT and never really was a factor when he played. There are some guys out there that are extremely talented head cases...not Montori.

Don't know how you could say that. He seems to be getting great interior push despite being double teamed 99% of the time. What I like the most, even though its against Northern Illinois, is he continues to show effort even during the late quarters with the score out of hand. That doesn't read "lazy" to me.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:25 pm
  • As a UT grad and a diehard Vols fan, I believe I can say that. Maybe getting booted from the team made him mature, but he was a huge disappointment in K'Ville. I will put it this way. UT hasn't had the greatest talent over the past few years, but his departure was actually a benefit to the team (ala addition by subtraction ).
    volshawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:58 pm
  • volshawk wrote:As a UT grad and a diehard Vols fan, I believe I can say that. Maybe getting booted from the team made him mature, but he was a huge disappointment in K'Ville. I will put it this way. UT hasn't had the greatest talent over the past few years, but his departure was actually a benefit to the team (ala addition by subtraction ).

Fair enough. He doesn't seem to be a road scholar by any means, but totaling 31 tackles (8.5 for loss) 4 sacks and 13 QB hurries starting only 7 games I believe is not bad at all. 3rd round if possible, imo.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:41 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:
    volshawk wrote:As a UT grad and a diehard Vols fan, I believe I can say that. Maybe getting booted from the team made him mature, but he was a huge disappointment in K'Ville. I will put it this way. UT hasn't had the greatest talent over the past few years, but his departure was actually a benefit to the team (ala addition by subtraction ).

Fair enough. He doesn't seem to be a road scholar by any means, but totaling 31 tackles (8.5 for loss) 4 sacks and 13 QB hurries starting only 7 games I believe is not bad at all. 3rd round if possible, imo.

FYI, I think it's called Rhodes Scholarship.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:58 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:
    Mistashoesta wrote:
    volshawk wrote:As a UT grad and a diehard Vols fan, I believe I can say that. Maybe getting booted from the team made him mature, but he was a huge disappointment in K'Ville. I will put it this way. UT hasn't had the greatest talent over the past few years, but his departure was actually a benefit to the team (ala addition by subtraction ).

FYI, I think it's called Rhodes Scholarship.

That's fine. I'd rather have a road grader anyway :mrgreen: .
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information