You get to pick one player from each of the other div teams

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":17d6tk9q said:
Arizona - Larry Fitz
49ers - Colin Kap (backup QB)
Rams - Chris Long

I get weakening the other team but Kap wouldn't see the field with RW here. Even for gimmicky plays, I want the ball in RW's hands, Kap can make some pretty bone-headed decisions.

chihawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1r22kd8v said:
Let's stick a pin in this pipe dream.
In exchange for our covetousness where we steal our favorites from other teams, the other three teams get to take a player too.
The Cardinals take Russell Wilson.
The Rams take Marshawn Lynch.
The Niners take Dick Sure.

I had the exact same thought. Knowing that each team would also get to pick a player from the Seahawks roster, the decisions who we pick would probably be different.

hawker84

Reaction score
STL - Long - instance pass rush

AZ - Fitz - RW + Rice / Fitz / Tate / Miller = unstoppable passing game

Whiners - Bowman - Best line backer in the NFC

Veilside

Reaction score
For simply making the Seahawks team better (for longer than 1 season) and not doing extensive research on the players for scheme fit the list comes down to.

Cards: Fitz, Peterson, Washington, Campbell
49ers: VD, Willis, Iupati
Rams: Long, Jenkins, Quinn, Brockers, Laurinaitis

I have a feeling Justin Smith and Willis are huge parts of what make Aldon and Bowman great so I will pass on them for this. I would want Justin the most but he's too old and banged up.

Cards: It seems impossible to not take Fitz here but I'm going with Patrick Peterson. He will replace and upgrade both Browner and Leon. This would complete our elite secondary.
49ers: I really wanna take Vernon Davis here but I think upgrading OG is more important for the offense so give me Iupati. (LB would be easiest to upgrade in draft).
Rams: Quinn could possibily be a product of Long on the other side so it's between Long and Brockers for me. DT is our biggest need but Long is proven. Going with Long.

Veilside

Reaction score
chihawk":22jgu4rg said:
Scottemojo":22jgu4rg said:
Let's stick a pin in this pipe dream.
In exchange for our covetousness where we steal our favorites from other teams, the other three teams get to take a player too.
The Cardinals take Russell Wilson.
The Rams take Marshawn Lynch.
The Niners take Dick Sure.

I had the exact same thought. Knowing that each team would also get to pick a player from the Seahawks roster, the decisions who we pick would probably be different.

I don't think the Rams take Lynch. If they're smart they would take Earl. The rest I could easily see.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Rat":1yq0jmav said:
FortWorthSeahawk":1yq0jmav said:
STL: I'm taking Bradford for the same reason. While Long would make our defense better, the Rams wouldn't score more than 14 points a game with Clemens behind center.
I disagree with your thinking on this. First of all, there's no way they'd go into the season with Clemens as the starter, so they'd make a move for a QB anyway. Also, Bradford is decent, but I think he's one of those QBs who is good enough to keep you around .500, but not good enough to make the team a real contender, and too good to allow the team the high pick they need for a better QB.

Good logic, I like it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
That's tough.

From AZ I was going to go Fitz. Instead I go:

Daryll Washington. Slide Wagner to the weak side and we might have the best LB corps in the league. Seriously.

STL: Chris Long. Guy is a beast. Close runner up with would be Legatron.

SF: I would go with Vernon Davis, but I'm not sure he's a good enough blocker to fit our scheme. If he could fit, that's where I would go, but if his blocking hurts us:

Iupati.

KK84

Reaction score
What's with all the legatron love? Sure he can nail 60 yarders but he misses from >40 waaaayyyyy too much.

Az - Fitz
Sf - Bowman
St - Long

60niners

Reaction score
Hawks46":1q0sispc said:
That's tough.

From AZ I was going to go Fitz. Instead I go:

Daryll Washington. Slide Wagner to the weak side and we might have the best LB corps in the league. Seriously.

STL: Chris Long. Guy is a beast. Close runner up with would be Legatron.

SF: I would go with Vernon Davis, but I'm not sure he's a good enough blocker to fit our scheme. If he could fit, that's where I would go, but if his blocking hurts us:

Iupati.
This thread is cool, some very interesting answers here.

I gotta defend Davis though... He's a phenomenal blocker!

drdiags

Reaction score
From AZ: I would take Patrick Peterson. Had a few tough games but he can be a very good player for a long time.

From STL: I take Jenkins. I am getting greedy but either he or Peterson would play slot for me, the other would take Browner's spot. Keep Browner as my dime, since his contract is minimal for now.

From SF: I would take Goldston. Man hits like a brick and would move Kam to a rover LB type. Or I put Iupati at RG.

My DL would still stink but that is why I have the draft and FA.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
From AZ: Patrick Peterson. Embarrassment of riches at CB for a looooooooong time. And he replaces Leon W.

From St Lou: Chris Long. Help where we need it.

From San Fran: iupati. Had my eyeing him coming out of college. Was horrified when he went to the Swiners.