Seahawks poised to win the NFCW

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
From December 23, 2012 on, the NFCW belongs to Seattle.

That is the way it will be.

Either accept it or live in denial... that is your choice.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1wjwyzjt said:

I will wait for the 2013 season to play out before I make any "Guarantees". I have seen nothing from the Seahawks to convince anyone who isn't a Seattle fan that the Seachickens are going to own the NFCW from now on.

Hoping for such a thing is completely acceptable as a fan of the team, but to claim it as fact is just blind homerism.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1wjm6p4i said:
onanygivensunday":1wjm6p4i said:

I will wait for the 2013 season to play out before I make any "Guarantees". I have seen nothing from the Seahawks to convince anyone who isn't a Seattle fan that the Seachickens are going to own the NFCW from now on.

Hoping for such a thing is completely acceptable as a fan of the team, but to claim it as fact is just blind homerism.
The "San FranSeattleOwned Forty-Burgers"???? They play below SEA level. LOVED Shannon Sharpe's comment during that 2nd Halftime of the Super Bowl saying that the Ravens were (until the mysterious power outage) about to steamroll the 49ers... just like the SEAHAWKS!!!! (Bazinga!) Anyway, there are no guarantees... but, having Russell Wilson leading the way and a Defense built to stop the 40-Burgers is about as close to a guarantee as one can get. 42-13 is fairly convincing to the discerning, reasonable fan. But, I'm sure the Hawks will oblige and make it official next season.
Not usually into "predictions", but I honestly expect to see the NFC West (now, arguably the best division in football)... finish as follows:
1. Seahawks (eventual Super Bowl winner)
2. Rams (likely wildcard)
3. 49ers (Super Bowl Slump? Well, they didn't beat the Rams in 2012 and the Rams were coming on late in 2012. Will miss playoffs.)
4. Cardinals (lets see how they address the QB problem. They would have to hit the lottery at this point.)

NinerLifer

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3h9yn73q said:
NinerLifer":3h9yn73q said:
onanygivensunday":3h9yn73q said:

The "San FranSeattleOwned Forty-Burgers"???? They play below SEA level. LOVED Shannon Sharpe's comment during that 2nd Halftime of the Super Bowl saying that the Ravens were (until the mysterious power outage) about to steamroll the 49ers... just like the SEAHAWKS!!!! (Bazinga!) Anyway, there are no guarantees... but, having Russell Wilson leading the way and a Defense built to stop the 40-Burgers is about as close to a guarantee as one can get. 42-13 is fairly convincing to the discerning, reasonable fan. But, I'm sure the Hawks will oblige and make it official next season.
Not usually into "predictions", but I honestly expect to see the NFC West (now, arguably the best division in football)... finish as follows:
1. Seahawks (eventual Super Bowl winner)
2. Rams (likely wildcard)
3. 49ers (Super Bowl Slump? Well, they didn't beat the Rams in 2012 and the Rams were coming on late in 2012. Will miss playoffs.)
4. Cardinals (lets see how they address the QB problem. They would have to hit the lottery at this point.)

I can't believe that you guys hold onto that game as much as you do. Kaepernick was on his what 3rd start maybe? And our defense was basically a bunch of walking zombies after being on the field for over 90 plays during our beat down of Tom Brady the week before.

Lets just see how things work out with Kaepernicks first full training camp and off/pre-season as the starter. You better believe that our offense will not look the same next year as it did this year after being designed from the beginning to take advantage of Kaep's strengths.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NinerLifer":r7uwqnw9 said:
I have seen nothing from the Seahawks to convince anyone who isn't a Seattle fan that the Seachickens are going to own the NFCW from now on.

"Nothing"? Really? We had just as many wins as the 49ers this year, and Russell Wilson led the entire NFL in passer rating from week 8 on, and we smoked you guys at our house. Nothing indicates we might win the NFC West?

Yet, you claim we're all full of blind homerism...Lol. Ok, dude.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3gm73c6d said:
onanygivensunday":3gm73c6d said:

If I had any respect for you (I didn't) I just lost it when you came on our forums and insulted us.

You are typical of the San Francisco fans.

drdiags

Reaction score
NinerLifer":43pb7stc said:
that the Seachickens are going to own the NFCW from now on..

Seahags is a better choice though the "chickens" part does conjure up a scrawny bird image, so you got that going for you, which is good. I see our homers finally got you to give up all hope of civility. I like it.

Please continue.

Decimation

Reaction score
Seachickens? Bro, chickens don't fly. I'll happen to let you know that the Osprey is a very unique bird that does indeed fly.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":swkcrlu6 said:
NinerLifer":swkcrlu6 said:
I have seen nothing from the Seahawks to convince anyone who isn't a Seattle fan that the Seachickens are going to own the NFCW from now on.

"Nothing"? Really? We had just as many wins as the 49ers this year, and Russell Wilson led the entire NFL in passer rating from week 8 on, and we smoked you guys at our house. Nothing indicates we might win the NFC West?

I didn't say that you guys didn't give any indication that you might win the NFC West. Your team vastly improved, that is obvious. Only a blind homer Niner fan would think otherwise. (You see it works both ways ;) ). I choose to set my passion aside before making claims, but I know that it's not everybody's style to do that. What is true that I will claim now is that the Niners don't own the NFC West anymore as our division will arguably be the best in the entire league. Pretty sure we can all agree on that.
drdiags":swkcrlu6 said:
NinerLifer":swkcrlu6 said:

Seahags is a better choice though the "chickens" part does conjure up a scrawny bird image, so you got that going for you, which is good. I see our homers finally got you to give up all hope of civility. I like it.

Please continue.

LOL, relax man. It will take a lot more than what has been said in this MB to get me to throw out all civility like you said. But since it has been brought up, do you think civility should only work in one direction? I don't think the term Seachicken is any worse than Whiner, do you?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NinerLifer":jb0txxtq said:
I can't believe that you guys hold onto that game as much as you do. Kaepernick was on his what 3rd start maybe? And our defense was basically a bunch of walking zombies after being on the field for over 90 plays during our beat down of Tom Brady the week before.

Lets just see how things work out with Kaepernicks first full training camp and off/pre-season as the starter. You better believe that our offense will not look the same next year as it did this year after being designed from the beginning to take advantage of Kaep's strengths.
Well, I can't believe you make so many excuses for that game. The press was in shock of how much better the Seahawks had proven themselves to be - so, started rattling off possible reasons why to make sense of it and you whiner fans latched onto those as lame excuses... anything to try to make the embarrassment go away that the San FranSeattleOwned 40-burgers really are not the best team in the NFC West.

Russell Wilson will have a full off-season to prepare as a starter as well. Nothing against Kaepernick (he seems to be a better than decent QB - time will tell), but he's not on the same level as the elite Russell Wilson. I get the feeling that Kaepernick is going to get figured out. Wilson will always be several steps ahead of the competition.

It's already started and you're only going to hear more and more of the following. Better get used to it: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2166 ... o-dominate (Note the team listed number 1 over number 2)
(Not that the following site is one to hang your hat on... but, even so and note the projected Super Bowl winner): http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

You know, deep down (perhaps not so deep down), that you've only got so much time to try to sell your stuff in here until the 2013 season. Why else would you be in here if you didn't feel insecurity about your team vs. the team that is increasingly taking the spotlight away from yours? You should feel insecure about it. That makes sense.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1g2s8unp said:
RolandDeschain":1g2s8unp said:

I didn't say that you guys didn't give any indication that you might win the NFC West. Your team vastly improved, that is obvious. Only a blind homer Niner fan would think otherwise. (You see it works both ways ;) ). I choose to set my passion aside before making claims, but I know that it's not everybody's style to do that. What is true that I will claim now is that the Niners don't own the NFC West anymore as our division will arguably be the best in the entire league. Pretty sure we can all agree on that.
drdiags":1g2s8unp said:

Please continue.

LOL, relax man. It will take a lot more than what has been said in this MB to get me to throw out all civility like you said. But since it has been brought up, do you think civility should only work in one direction? I don't think the term Seachicken is any worse than Whiner, do you?

You are here on our board so no it doesn't work both ways. If you are going to insult us go to the shack.

I can guarantee you that if I went to whatever forum is out the for the whiners (I never would because I loathe your fans) I wouldn't be calling them names. I would understand that I am not really wanted and would be respectful or leave.

Hopefully you do this, that is be respectful or leave.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Decimation":1z1bxbei said:
Seachickens? Bro, chickens don't fly. I'll happen to let you know that the Osprey is a very unique bird that does indeed fly.

LOL, I actually didn't know what bird a "Seahawk" was referring to.

However this one time a buddy of mine and I were fishing in a pond that was over populated with small largemouth bass. In an effort to thin the population out to help grow some bigger bass, we decided to toss all the little half pound bass we caught over to this osprey that had taken an interest in the fish we had been releasing up to that point. We ended up catching over 30 bass between the 2 of us and the osprey ate all of them. After he had his full he tried to fly across the pond but instead fell into the water due to his increased weight and instead resorted to swimming across the pond and pulling himself out by his wings on the other side.

It was funny at the time as we had had a few beers. We saw him flying around the next day at the pond so we knew he was ok. Those things apparently might actually eat themselves to death if they had the chance.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Yeah, NinerLifer... you do seem fairly pompous on a rival team board. I'm not going to tell you to leave, but I find your arrogance on OUR site to be disenchanting. I agree with Tech Worlds that if I ever had a lapse in better judgement and actually visited one of your boards... I would be on my better than best behavior.

benbu75

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1pft9bj9 said:

Nice excuses from someone accusing OTHERS of homerism...

NinerLifer

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":5uhugjzj said:
NinerLifer":5uhugjzj said:

Well, I can't believe you make so many excuses for that game. The press was in shock of how much better the Seahawks had proven themselves to be - so, started rattling off possible reasons why to make sense of it and you whiner fans latched onto those as lame excuses... anything to try to make the embarrassment go away that the San FranSeattleOwned 40-burgers really are not the best team in the NFC West.

Russell Wilson will have a full off-season to prepare as a starter as well. Nothing against Kaepernick (he seems to be a better than decent QB - time will tell), but he's not on the same level as the elite Russell Wilson. I get the feeling that Kaepernick is going to get figured out. Wilson will always be several steps ahead of the competition.

It's already started and you're only going to hear more and more of the following. Better get used to it: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2166 ... o-dominate (Note the team listed number 1 over number 2)
(Not that the following site is one to hang your hat on... but, even so and note the projected Super Bowl winner): http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

You know, deep down (perhaps not so deep down), that you've only got so much time to try to sell your stuff in here until the 2013 season. Why else would you be in here if you didn't feel insecurity about your team vs. the team that is increasingly taking the spotlight away from yours? You should feel insecure about it. That makes sense.

I guess I will play the link game:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... mIZmVrJY9w

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... qZ6YXjdu-A

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000137455/

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... AxXHtcg_mA

My point is that I am sure we could do this all day, finding sites that claim our team is favored over the other. But what's the point?

I do look forward to chattin with you guys next season as I am sure it will be interesting to say the least.

drdiags

Reaction score
Just a little tongue-in-cheek NinerLifer. I am surprised the Seachicken thing came up, usually shows a frustration on the side of the poster. I am all for civility but my fellow posters point out that it is the internet and all sides are supposed to be douchebags, so I figure it is a standard practice by all. For me, I usually don't communicate that way. I wouldn't go on a niners board and call them gay or whiners or call their coach a douche. But that seems to be something that is expected on all sides of these fan boards.

So no need to ask me to relax, but this is going way off topic which is some saber rattling about future domination. Just peeked my head in and took a look around. This thread is looking to be headed toward the Shack or soon to be locked.

Came in peace, trashed the place and maybe will go in pieces?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
NinerLifer":3m7qtq0d said:
My point is that I am sure we could do this all day, finding sites that claim our team is favored over the other. But what's the point?

Exactly. We're going to beat you twice next season. I'd say 3 times but I highly doubt you even make the playoffs.

Thanks for that epic Super Bowl choke, btw. That was awesome.