Seahawks poised to win the NFCW

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1t8mesde said:
Decimation":1t8mesde said:
Seachickens? Bro, chickens don't fly. I'll happen to let you know that the Osprey is a very unique bird that does indeed fly.

LOL, I actually didn't know what bird a "Seahawk" was referring to.

However this one time a buddy of mine and I were fishing in a pond that was over populated with small largemouth bass. In an effort to thin the population out to help grow some bigger bass, we decided to toss all the little half pound bass we caught over to this osprey that had taken an interest in the fish we had been releasing up to that point. We ended up catching over 30 bass between the 2 of us and the osprey ate all of them. After he had his full he tried to fly across the pond but instead fell into the water due to his increased weight and instead resorted to swimming across the pond and pulling himself out by his wings on the other side.

It was funny at the time as we had had a few beers. We saw him flying around the next day at the pond so we knew he was ok. Those things apparently might actually eat themselves to death if they had the chance.
Well, sounds like you probably meant no harm in it... but, there are reasons you're not supposed to feed wildlife... even if you are merely aiding them to be gluttonous on something in their diet. It does tell me something further about you as a person that you would find humor in that whether you were intoxicated or not. Was that shared to try to impress anyone here? Sounds more like you're trying to stir trouble than be a welcome guest.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3rueov36 said:
Yeah, NinerLifer... you do seem fairly pompous on a rival team board. I'm not going to tell you to leave, but I find your arrogance on OUR site to be disenchanting. I agree with Tech Worlds that if I ever had a lapse in better judgement and actually visited one of your boards... I would be on my better than best behavior.

If you check my post history, you will see that my behavior has been really good on your site. Especially with all the smack I get thrown my way. Which was obviously expected no doubt. I honestly don't get offended by the whacky nicknames that rival fans use for us as I am in my 30's and am not bothered by all the "fun" a rivalry brings.

I in fact end up in Seattle every year on TDY when I have to go to the sim at McChord AFB. We eventually drive into Seattle to check out the city one night while we are there. If I ever came across a Seattle fan in a bar I would probably buy him a beer and talk football with him as well. Because after all it is all in good fun, which is why I am here on this MB.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2vnlkhqw said:
NinerLifer":2vnlkhqw said:
Decimation":2vnlkhqw said:
Seachickens? Bro, chickens don't fly. I'll happen to let you know that the Osprey is a very unique bird that does indeed fly.

LOL, I actually didn't know what bird a "Seahawk" was referring to.

However this one time a buddy of mine and I were fishing in a pond that was over populated with small largemouth bass. In an effort to thin the population out to help grow some bigger bass, we decided to toss all the little half pound bass we caught over to this osprey that had taken an interest in the fish we had been releasing up to that point. We ended up catching over 30 bass between the 2 of us and the osprey ate all of them. After he had his full he tried to fly across the pond but instead fell into the water due to his increased weight and instead resorted to swimming across the pond and pulling himself out by his wings on the other side.

It was funny at the time as we had had a few beers. We saw him flying around the next day at the pond so we knew he was ok. Those things apparently might actually eat themselves to death if they had the chance.
Well, sounds like you probably meant no harm in it... but, there are reasons you're not supposed to feed wildlife... even if you are merely aiding them to be gluttonous on something in their diet. It does tell me something further about you as a person that you would find humor in that whether you were intoxicated or not. Was that shared to try to impress anyone here? Sounds more like you're trying to stir trouble than be a welcome guest.

What? How does that story imply that I am trying to start trouble? Apparently my 49er fan predecessor's before me on here have really given all of you a bad impression of the rest of us.

Decimation

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1uiv4qk3 said:
TeamoftheCentury":1uiv4qk3 said:
Yeah, NinerLifer... you do seem fairly pompous on a rival team board. I'm not going to tell you to leave, but I find your arrogance on OUR site to be disenchanting. I agree with Tech Worlds that if I ever had a lapse in better judgement and actually visited one of your boards... I would be on my better than best behavior.

If you check my post history, you will see that my behavior has been really good on your site. Especially with all the smack I get thrown my way. Which was obviously expected no doubt. I honestly don't get offended by the whacky nicknames that rival fans use for us as I am in my 30's and am not bothered by all the "fun" a rivalry brings.

I in fact end up in Seattle every year on TDY when I have to go to the sim at McChord AFB. We eventually drive into Seattle to check out the city one night while we are there. If I ever came across a Seattle fan in a bar I would probably buy him a beer and talk football with him as well. Because after all it is all in good fun, which is why I am here on this MB.
Well you don't sound too bad. Please do resume with posting here, most including myself enjoy the presence from other fanbases (especially our rival) and if you do feel like talking smack about the team then take it to the shack lol. At the end of the day it's just a sport and a long offseason ahead, unfortunately.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1a982zjg said:
TeamoftheCentury":1a982zjg said:

Well, I'm not going to check your post history. But, I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt (sort of. More like shakey ground.) I usually keep to a personal policy to respect the names of other teams no matter how I feel about them or how the guy on the other side is acting. I couldn't resist, though, with you and what you were bringing in here + the fact that the Seahawks absolutely destroyed the 49ers and sent them out of town that Sunday night questioning their manhood. I think the Ravens used that game as a blueprint on how to do the same thing to the Niners in the S.B. and nearly did it - if not for that momentum stalling power outage. (All comments presumed mostly in good fun, of course. Nothing much rattles me in my "later than 30's", and especially with what I train others to do. You've got to learn when to be diplomatic and when there's no other option but to fight. That's really another more serious topic, though, entirely.) For me, though, pal... I get plenty of the arrogance from fans from all teams. I live in the Southeast. The worst fans I come across are Packers, 49ers, Steelers, NYJ, NYG. Bears and Cowboys fans are just more annoying that unbearable. You're just going to have to realize that there's a somewhat universally held viewpoint about your fanbase around the league - not just with your primary division rival fans. So, when you come onto this board... you're going to have to go out of your way to be welcome... and no matter what history you appeal to... you have the potential to blow any assumed credibility if you pop off.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2axst154 said:
What? How does that story imply that I am trying to start trouble? Apparently my 49er fan predecessor's before me on here have really given all of you a bad impression of the rest of us.

Re-read what I said. I didn't imply that it was merely a story. I referred to that story to say that I'm not impressed by it... not sure why you even shared it. I meant your body of work in this thread. There you go.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1eezezwn said:
Thanks for that epic Super Bowl choke, btw. That was awesome.

Hell, they were lucky to even be in the position to lose the game by choking. No power outage, and the Ravens had that thing won by like 20 points.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1ndbz2ok said:
I guess I will play the link game:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... mIZmVrJY9w

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... qZ6YXjdu-A

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000137455/

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... AxXHtcg_mA

My point is that I am sure we could do this all day, finding sites that claim our team is favored over the other. But what's the point?

I do look forward to chattin with you guys next season as I am sure it will be interesting to say the least.
You miss the point. Actually, one would think you would find many more projections favoring the 49ers than the Hawks. After all, they just appeared in the Super Bowl, won the division, etc. My point was that when was the last time you ever heard the media talking up the SEAHAWKS to this degree? Especially, over a team that has been a media pick for years and is coming off that appearance in the S.B., etc. Wouldn't you expect all the love to be toward the Niners? Think about it, man. What I had to say is indicative of something major brewing - and the media that usually doesn't give much credence to the Hawks is pointing to them more and more as the team to beat... not the Niners.
Russell Wilson puts this thing over the top (and he has the confidence of his teammates to lead them.) Russell Wilson is a special, special player. The 49ers really got nothing on that. Still, though I despise the Niners, I can respect a guy like Patrick Willis. To me, he's still the face of that franchise at the moment (and without him... I think the SF Defense takes a dive.) But, even with all they got... what did that do for them on SNF? THAT was an accurate display of where the two teams are at in comparison.