Mike Wallace to the Seahawks,......would be MASSIVE

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Mike Wallace would be a great add. It would help Rice and rest of the WR corps, not to mention Zach Miller. Look what he did for the Steelers - Brown, Sanders, and Heath Miller. He would be a boon for the passing game.

Wallace was never in the Superbowl when the Steelers played the Seahawks but he could be in one as a Seahawk soon (if they sign him). I heard from many sources radio, tv that the Steelers are not planning on putting the franchise tag on Wallace.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I expect us to go after a WR in the draft. Signing an outside guy to be one of the most expensive players on your team when you have so many of your own guys to resign can really hurt a locker room.

benbu75

Reaction score
hawkfan68":5heu67qh said:
Mike Wallace would be a great add. It would help Rice and rest of the WR corps, not to mention Zach Miller. Look what he did for the Steelers - Brown, Sanders, and Heath Miller. He would be a boon for the passing game.

Wallace was never in the Superbowl when the Steelers played the Seahawks but he could be in one as a Seahawk soon (if they sign him). I heard from many sources radio, tv that the Steelers are not planning on putting the franchise tag on Wallace.

It's not so much that "they are not going to". I am sure if they could, they would love to. The problem is that in their current situation with the salary cap, they CAN"T tag him because it would count as $10m against the cap.

MrCarey

Reaction score
This is the one FA move I agree with. I want this to happen and I think everyone else would be okay with it. We need a speedster like him and Russell would treat him JUST right.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
getnasty":x5fn3747 said:
I think Wallace would be a good fit, but i don't think Pete and John we be willing to tie up that kind money in the WR position. We have to keep in mind Sidney is going to making 8.5 to 9 mil over the next three years. I hope they go Hopkins and if he develops like we hope you can ask Sidney to restructure or take hike. This way at least we have some flexibility when it comes time to resign some of our young talent. Hopkins>Wallace

Easy fix..
Trade Rice
We free up 8.5 million.. apply it to Wallace or whoever is a downfield WR.

Trading Rice has other benefits.. we get draft choices or.. better yet.. maybe that DT.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Rice would be more likely to be a cap casualty after a Mike Wallace signing than somebody else. Nothing of value is going to be sent to the Hawks if we sign Wallace and it becomes clear we essentially have to trade or release a WR due a lot of cash.

benbu75

Reaction score
pinksheets":2bd9n785 said:
Rice would be more likely to be a cap casualty after a Mike Wallace signing than somebody else. Nothing of value is going to be sent to the Hawks if we sign Wallace and it becomes clear we essentially have to trade or release a WR due a lot of cash.

Rice could become a cap casualty eventually, but not this year. We have plenty of cap space right now.

pinksheets

Reaction score
benbu75":kkdivjqv said:
pinksheets":kkdivjqv said:

Rice could become a cap casualty eventually, but not this year. We have plenty of cap space right now.
$18m, Wallace will likely command $9m or $10m of that. I don't think the FO wants to spend $20m or so on two WRs, have only $8m or so leftover to look at extending some of our guys, fill other holes, sign our rookies, or push back as cap space for next year.

If we sign Wallace, I think Rice is gone, or Miller, but it seems like Miller does a lot for them.

It's not a matter of running out of cap space, it's a matter of it being unlikely they think that it's the best way to use it.