Percy Harvin's Availaibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris98251

Reaction score
So those who want Harvin think having to Crystal Glass end tables in a Punk music bar will make it thru a season?

Axx

Reaction score
Rat":1q0hmn8h said:
How is an explosive offensive weapon a "luxury"? We need playmaking receivers.

The Schnei said that he is very excited about WR's in this years draft class so dont expect any free agent players but rookies through the draft.

sutz

Reaction score
Axx":17l7br66 said:
Rat":17l7br66 said:

The Schnei said that he is very excited about WR's in this years draft class so dont expect any free agent players but rookies through the draft.
And I prefer that. Our track record with acquiring vet WRs isn't the greatest.

;)

Rat

Reaction score
Axx":1wslqmzd said:
Rat":1wslqmzd said:

The Schnei says lots of things. You can never tell when these guys are being honest.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Rat":1vquhwkh said:
Axx":1vquhwkh said:
Rat":1vquhwkh said:

The Schnei says lots of things. You can never tell when these guys are being honest.

Hopefully he's telling the truth this time, because I think we'd get a lot more bang for our buck with a couple of draft picks than trading for Harvin or spending big bucks on a free agent WR.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1obkdq9t said:
Harvin is not that much better than Tate, if at all.
THIS!, Plus, Tate and Wilson have already established a meshing, so why would you monkey with that? :th2thumbs:

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Draft Tavon Austin. He's the younger, less injury prone, headache free, cheaper version of Percy Harvin, and should be available to the Hawks in the draft this year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Basis4day":1gpexq1i said:
I prefer Tate and Baldwin than Harvin.

You're kidding me right?

Harvin is 24 and a legit Top 10 WR. This would be a MAJOR coup.

HOWEVER... Harvin wants to get paid, there in lies the issue. Can we afford to give a Percy Harvin a deal he wants, while paying the others?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
mrblitz":1v4t9r84 said:
at this point, tate is better than harvin.

No he's really not. And I love Golden Tate. Harvin is a bonafide star.. that said, he wants $$$$ .. basically like a Mike Wallace

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Why trade all that for Harvin if he's on the last year of his contract?

Rat

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":3nt1iz6x said:
Why trade all that for Harvin if he's on the last year of his contract?
Because any team that would trade for him would give him a new deal as part of the trade.

I don't know if I'd do it, and I like Shark's idea of Tavon Austin, but I would not complain at all if we did acquire Harvin. He'd instantly be our best offensive weapon and really open up the offense. He and Russell would be unbelievable together.

And for those of you who think Tate is better than Harvin: seriously? I love Tate, but that's ridiculous. That's like saying Shonn Greene is better than Marshawn Lynch. Greene is a solid player with some talent, but it's not even close.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
misfit":3304arv7 said:
Harvin is a #1.

Seattle has not had a true #1 WR since Steve Largent.

I'm skeptical of calling a guy who has never had 1,000 yards a #1. Where did I see that before? Oh yeah Deon Branch.

FWIW: I think Harvin is better than Tate, but I don't think he's a necessity for our offense. He's 24 and about to get paid like a #1 receiver. I don't see how we could pay HARVIN and RICE.

I think the best way to upgrade our receiving core is to add a solid fourth option. The drop off from Baldwin to the other guys is pretty significant.

chihawk

Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind that Harvin is a better receiver than Balwin and Tate...and I don't think it's that close. He got injured this season but before he got injured he was tearing it up....catching everything in sight.

I think his migraine issue is also a thing of the past. I think it was a couple of years ago that he was having this issue and if I remember correctly, he said he learned how to take care of himself to avoid them and he didn't have any issues with it this year.

I would love for them to acquire him. WRs take so much to time to develop from draft. Harvin is young and has a lot of productive years in front of him...as long as his injury from last season checks out.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
In Harvin's defense, he got hurt BY US. Yep. Week 9. He was getting me mega points on my fantasy league until then. I said it then, that Harvin's loss was a bigger issue for Minn not making the playoffs. He is that valuable.(and yes, I know what a big year AP had). The big question is how much he wants. I am telling you that he is way better than Tate and Baldwin, heck even Rice.

zayden185

Reaction score
BigMeach":2vtp9hv7 said:
Isnt Garvin a slot receiver? Wouldn't that make Baldwin the poor man's Harvin?

Baldwin is a nice story..but not Percy Harvin

Nice depth

lukerguy

Reaction score
BigMeach":13do9aa4 said:
Isnt Garvin a slot receiver? Wouldn't that make Baldwin the poor man's Harvin?
A very, very poor man's...maybe.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I like him a ton as a player but I'd rather see us get more size at the position, especially if we are paying the top dollar that Harvin will want. We have enough short guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.