Status
Not open for further replies.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2ht55ehp said:
Basis4day":2ht55ehp said:
I prefer Tate and Baldwin than Harvin.

You're kidding me right?

Harvin is 24 and a legit Top 10 WR. This would be a MAJOR coup.

HOWEVER... Harvin wants to get paid, there in lies the issue. Can we afford to give a Percy Harvin a deal he wants, while paying the others?

I'd check Football Outsiders on this one. Harvin a Top 10 WR? We get more production out of Baldwin and Tate and they don't cost nearly has much as Harvin does.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
In a perfect world Harvin would'nt cost so much to acquire and would be happily reunited with Rice in Seattle. The reality is that we have limited passing plays because we are a run-oriented team and in acquiring Harvin we will take plays away from Tate who is now just starting to blossom into his own. If Hawks acquire Harvin we'd not only shell out big bucks but we'd likely force feed him to keep him happy. He's a playmaker no doubt but we have many playmakers who don't make nearly half what Harvin demands.

Oof

Reaction score
I'd rather sure-up some pass rushers first.

Plus (I'm only guessing here) that he won't want to change his number.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Don't forget that the Hawks pass less than 30 times a game. We are ranked near the bottom on pass attempts. Will we really get that much value out of him? Rice needs a solid backup. This the last year was the first in a while he has not missed a lot of time.

Rat

Reaction score
Happypuppy":25qg15rh said:
Don't forget that the Hawks pass less than 30 times a game. We are ranked near the bottom on pass attempts. Will we really get that much value out of him? Rice needs a solid backup. This the last year was the first in a while he has not missed a lot of time.
The Vikings are one of the most run-heavy teams in the league and has still gotten enormous value out of him.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Wow... I con't believe poeple can convince themselves Tate is better than Harvin. If ESPN polled America who's better Harvin would get 99% of the votes.

I am a proponent of adding another weapon on offense this off season and was focusing on a big 6'2+ WR to play on the outside and/or back up Rice if/when he gets injured again, and I also think an athletic pass catching TE that can split out wide would be great addition too.

We have an amazing young QB but only a slightly above average WR/TE group for him to throw too. The hawks need a WR that can get open and I don't think it's crazy to think Harvin could be top 5 in the league in getting seperation. He has the speed and quicks off a smaller player but is still 5'11 185lbs and plays bigger. Not many rookies come in and make imediate contributions. What 2nd rd WR can you guarentee will make an immediate impcat and force team to scheme for them. A plaer like Harvin will open up a whole lot for an offense liek ours. He can play any WR position, RB, and return kicks. He is a one of a kind player and to think we could get him for a 2nd makes me laugh. This is exactly the type of screwd move JS would make.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Oh and I'd be fine with Giving Harvin whatever Mike Wallace gets, Harvin is a better plaer and has much more versatility. Walllace has speed, but Harvin has speed, quicks, hands, and much more.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Harvin's a playmaker with an unflattering injury history. If PC & JS thought he was the guy to take us to the next level then I'd be totally stoked to bring him in at whatever price they think he's worth. But I doubt they do it and I honestly don't think that, as a WR, he's much better than Golden Tate, if at all. As a "flex" type player, sure, he adds a whole nother element. He's gonna want a lot of money, and he's probably gonna get it.

CPHawk

Reaction score
mrblitz":1jda859h said:
at this point, tate is better than harvin.
:shock: Harvin did more in 8 games then Tate did in 18 with a far better Qb. It can be argued that Harvin is the best all around player in the NFL the same cannot be said about Tate. I could name 25 guys better then Tate.

According to reports the problem with Harvin is to intense an takes football so serious that he blows up once in awhile when others don't take it as serious. Sounds like a guy I would want.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3h08r1nz said:
Wow... I con't believe poeple can convince themselves Tate is better than Harvin. If ESPN polled America who's better Harvin would get 99% of the votes.

Those 99% barely know our roster and only associate Tate with the Greenbay game. Many would likely say that Revis had a better season than Sherman.

Also, 83% of statistics are made up.

It's not just about which player is "better" than another. That, to me, is for Fantasy Football.
You need to factor in offensive philosophy, injuries, cap space and team chemistry.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
CPHawk":27foudvt said:
mrblitz":27foudvt said:
at this point, tate is better than harvin.
:shock: Harvin did more in 8 games then Tate did in 18 with a far better Qb. It can be argued that Harvin is the best all around player in the NFL the same cannot be said about Tate.

You're selling Tate short. Look at what he did when he did get the ball. He's a playmaker. He's probably not better than Percy Harvin but he's not much of a drop off talent-wise as a WR.

CPHawk":27foudvt said:
According to reports the problem with Harvin is to intense an takes football so serious that he blows up once in awhile when others don't take it as serious. Sounds like a guy I would want.

He also has a pretty unfavorable injury history and is going to demand a pretty large contract. I'm not saying we shouldn't do it, or that we won't, but I can see why we wouldn't if we don't. I will definitely not be mad about it either way.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I don't think Harvin makes a lot of sense for us. So far Golden Tate has been durable, so while you can claim Harvin is a bigger playmaker, it's a wash to me because of injury and migraine headache issues.

I whole-heartedly believe we need to add another receiver to the mix. I think Harvin would be a great add for any team, but the kind of receiver we need is a durable, sure-handed guy that fights for the ball and catches it every time. We basically need Anquan Boldin.

There is one factor to consider though - some speculate SF as a landing spot for Harvin. I don't know about you, but Kaepernik-to-Harvin isn't a matchup I want to have to face if I can help it.

If Harvin isn't really the kind of receiver we need, is he at least good enough to go after to also keep him from going to SF?

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't think it is at all obvious that Havin is a top 10 WR.

Probably better?
- Calvin Johnson
- AJ Green
- Andre Johnson
- Reggie Wayne
- Larry Fitzgerald
- Brandon Marshall
- Roddy White
- Vincent Jackson
- Julio Jones
- Wes Welker
- Steve Smith
- Victor Cruz

Similar level?
- Mike Wallace
- Dwayne Bowe
- Demaryius Thomas
- Randall Cobb
- Jordy Nelson
- DeSean Jackson
- Marques Colston
- Antonio Brown
- Torrey Smith
- Hakeem Nicks

If Harvin could stay healthy then he may be top 8, but as it is I don't see how you can consider him higher than 20 or so given the character and injury red flags.

CPHawk

Reaction score
To say he has injury issues, is a gross over exaggeration. He has played 15, 14, 16 and 9 games in his 4 years in the NFL. He's only 24, and people who keep acting like Tate would be gone are just as crazy as those of you thinking Tate is better then Harvin. Tate can play outside just fine.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
CPHawk":1zplpx3v said:
To say he has injury issues, is a gross over exaggeration. He has played 15, 14, 16 and 9 games in his 4 years in the NFL. He's only 24, and people who keep acting like Tate would be gone are just as crazy as those of you thinking Tate is better then Harvin. Tate can play outside just fine.

To say he has injury issues is not a gross exaggeration. In fact it's extremely accurate. He has injury issues. He has migraines which, while not technically an "injury", have at times been debilitating for him. Again, not a reason to completely disregard the idea of bringing him in, but a red flag for sure.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":abw6ufyl said:
CPHawk":abw6ufyl said:

To say he has injury issues is not a gross exaggeration. In fact it's extremely accurate. He has injury issues. He has migraines which, while not technically an "injury", have at times been debilitating for him. Again, not a reason to completely disregard the idea of bringing him in, but a red flag for sure.

Scotty Pippen won 6 titles with migraines.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
CPHawk":20wtwvvp said:
Zebulon Dak":20wtwvvp said:
CPHawk":20wtwvvp said:

Scotty Pippen won 6 titles with migraines.

And TD won rushing title(s?) and Super Bowls with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts