Percy Harvin's Availaibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2y7c71ca said:
Seahwkgal":2y7c71ca said:
In Harvin's defense, he got hurt BY US. Yep. Week 9. He was getting me mega points on my fantasy league until then. I said it then, that Harvin's loss was a bigger issue for Minn not making the playoffs. He is that valuable.(and yes, I know what a big year AP had).

And yet, Minnesota made the playoffs without him, and many would argue they played better after he was IR'ed for having a bad attitude. (They finished 5-2 after the Seahawks game.)

:34853_doh:

Or maybe... the whole league MVP willing them to that 5-2 record had something to do with it too.

Their passing game was virtually non-existant after that injury. Ponder only went over 200 yards TWICE.. the last coming in their biggest game of the year in Week 17.

Harvin is a game changer.. and that's why he's about to get paid

SNDavidson

Reaction score
If I'm a fan of the whiners, cards, or rams and I see the Seahawks pickup Percy Harvin before the draft even happens I'm not feeling good about it.

Jville

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":10rojd9r said:
An article on why it might not be such a great idea: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/the-argume ... to-seattle

Thanks for posting. Too bad it isn't in audio. Lota folks around here are so busy posting they don't have time to read.
Harvin had an embarrassing tirade directed toward Frasier, disrespecting the coach during the season when Harvin was sidelined with an injured ankle.

Teammates were present, and Max was told that is when Harvin left the team and was put on injured reserve.

Sources say teammates were disappointed in Harvin’s actions and the organization has moved toward less tolerance for that behavior.

Harvin apparently had a similar incident when Childress coached the team.
:hmmmm: Think there might be a pattern there?

In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also suffered many other issues including ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games).
:shock: Damn he makes Sidney Rice look like an Iron Man.
Harvin also refused to run stadium steps with the rest of the team during offseason conditioning before the 2007 season, according to the Sporting News, and once allegedly threw wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales to the ground by his neck.
:34853_doh: Charming
Harvin told strength and conditioning coaches while boycotting stadium runs, “this (expletive) ends now,”
:177692: He's not going to buy in. This is an exercise in futility. Sure glad he's a Viking problem.

P.S. Last time I checked the cap number for the offense out weighed the cap number for the defense by two to one. Any one want to speculate on the impact of engaging in a bidding war for more veteran players for the offense this off season?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
IMO Harvin is definitely an upgrade and won't be a detriment to the chemistry of the team if acquired. Reuniting with Rice and having an future star QB in RW is enough to make him happy. He's a workout freak and an ultimate competitor/playmaker. Harvin wasn't happy when Minny let Rice come to Seattle after having built such a rapport. That Vikings-Hawks game added fuel to the fire as Minnesota looked to be spiraling toward a losing streak with an inconsistent Ponder. Meanwhile Seattle's future looked bright with RW. Without a real #2 wideout Minny expected featuring Harvin as a receiver, in the backfield with AD and occasionally as a returner. In Harvin's defense he played through some nagging injuries and was still atop the league in receptions when he was placed on IR. It seemed rather punitive when Minny decided so quickly to IR him. As for migraines, the only headaches he has now is from his second-year QB's inconsistency and from his head coach's questionable play decisions.
Tate has Harvin's skillset but not quite on the same talent level. Give him a few more years with RW and Tate will likely be mentioned alongside Harvin as a receiver. Harvin was a freak in college but had the advantage of playing with Favre and Rice as a rookie. Percy would have NO problem learning Seattle's offense--he played in Bevell's offense before. Only negative would be cost of acquiring Harvin and the likelihoodr he takes receptions away from Tate and Rice. The plus is he can bring it to the house on any given play.

HUGGY

Reaction score
themunn":9twjbb2s said:
HUGGY":9twjbb2s said:
Bus035":9twjbb2s said:
Personally, I am a diehard Seahawk fan. As I know all of the rest of you are. How would you feel about a Flynn/3rd Round flip for Harvin/Joe Webb (very hypothetical)? Harvin is a game changer and we all know what the Vikings were able to accomplish with Favre, Harvin, and Rice. Furthermore, I am very intrigued by the possibility of Harvin, Rice, and Wilson working together. I believe Harvin would immensely improve our team. Also, I am a slight Golden Tate fan but I think he is an obvious "poor man's" version to Harvin, just my opinion. I would love others thoughts.............Thanks!

Harvin only ran a 4.28 low at the combine. I dunno...????

You mean a 4.41 right?
Compared to Tate's 4.42?

No...I mean what I said. Apparently what I saw was an error or a trick but it was what I saw. My bad. The google search hit I saw isn't up now. Don't believe everything ya see on the internets. I try to only offer reliable facts but today's offering obviously was not.

TJH

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3m5tthvw said:
Seahawks.net .. where Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin are better than a 24 year old with 4x their production.

(Face palm)

Seriously.... Harvin is on another level completely. This place is bonkers sometimes.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Question: If Harvin was such a headcase then why would Minny be so content to keep him until he told him he wanted out. If there is any question about his character why would Seattle read news articles when they could easily ask Bevell and Rice for insight? Harvin likely keeps in touch with Rice wouldn't you think?

TJH

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3ey6me47 said:
Tate has Harvin's skillset

Maybe by being a small shifty guy, but Harvin is a true burner. Tate is not that fast really.

Jville

Reaction score
LOL Harvin won't buy in ........ so how are you guys going to fit his monster contract into Seattle's structure and and write a contract it in such a way as to protect the team when things go wrong?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
TJH":3s9vnigc said:
Russ Willstrong":3s9vnigc said:
Tate has Harvin's skillset

Maybe by being a small shifty guy, but Harvin is a true burner. Tate is not that fast really.

Rewatch the Hawks-Vikings and you'll see Tate was not just featured like Harvin but at times but made shiftier moves after the catch. Throughout the season Tate was our speedy receiver on bubble screens, end-arounds and occasionally in the backfield. Speed-wise Tate and Harvin aren't that far apart. Leaping for tall catches I'd say it's almost a toss up. IMO Harvin has more strength and toughness but has had more injuries due to more physical plays.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
If we're planning on throwing the ball 500+ times next year then a Rice, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin WR corps + ZM would be like a dream come true. Russell would throw for like 5000 yards.

Spokane

Reaction score
Seahawks | Could show interest in Percy Harvin
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:09:58 -0800
The Seattle Seahawks could show interest in Minnesota Vikings WR Percy Harvin if he becomes available via trade this offseason.
Share: | Source: The Tacoma News Tribune - Eric D. Williams
Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/33/nfl#ixzz2KemskC5F

RW looked great in the Pro bowl passing to top notch WRs, no beats will be skipped.

I would give up whatever round draft pick they wanted (future contract friendly for both sides) due to we get starters in all rounds now a days. Harvin is a top 10 WR and no one can say that any of these 2013 drafties will be. The hawks should get a proven product while they can.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1jo40e94 said:
If we're planning on throwing the ball 500+ times next year then a Rice, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin WR corps + ZM would be like a dream come true. Russell would throw for like 5000 yards.

Zeb....How is it that things seldom work out like it appears on paper?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Spokane":2mc2sbrr said:
Seahawks | Could show interest in Percy Harvin
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:09:58 -0800
The Seattle Seahawks could show interest in Minnesota Vikings WR Percy Harvin if he becomes available via trade this offseason.
Share: | Source: The Tacoma News Tribune - Eric D. Williams
Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/33/nfl#ixzz2KemskC5F

RW looked great in the Pro bowl passing to top notch WRs, no beats will be skipped.

I would give up whatever round draft pick they wanted (future contract friendly for both sides) due to we get starters in all rounds now a days. Harvin is a top 10 WR and no one can say that any of these 2013 drafties will be. The hawks should get a proven product while they can.

Harvin is NOT a top 10 WR. Could he be? Does he have the potential? Sure. But right now, this moment, after 4 seasons in the pros, he's not. As pointed out earlier in this thread.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3ewkwqyt said:
Zebulon Dak":3ewkwqyt said:

Zeb....How is it that things seldom work out like it appears on paper?

You didn't know that bringing in Percy is a guaranteed championship?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
With my 1000th post I am now officially guarunteeing that the Seahawks will sign Percy Harvin. It is now fate... let it happen...

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
It depends on the cost. I would not like to mess up out cap for the future because we are going to have to sign a lot of our young guys like Sherman, Chancellor, ET, etc soon. I prefer draft to get more offensive weapons but if JS & PC traded for Harvin then I would not oppose it. I trust our FO a lot.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Id give Harvin a chance, but given his migrains/character issues, I would not give a 2nd. I am not sure how long Tavon Austin will last but he's a guy with similar skill set. If you want Harvin you may as well draft Austin in the 2nd (if he's there).

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
lukerguy":2imnbn05 said:
Id give Harvin a chance, but given his migrains/character issues, I would not give a 2nd. I am not sure how long Tavon Austin will last but he's a guy with similar skill set. If you want Harvin you may as well draft Austin in the 2nd (if he's there).

The entire Seahawk Scouting Department is going over Tavon's record with a "fine toothed comb". There is some serious "evaluation and negotiatations" being spent over this pick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.