NFL considering wider fields ?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Then we'll be able to expand rosters with a 12th player, then expand the league by merging with the CFL, then.....

The Outfield

Reaction score
Fail. They need to stop trying to change the game so much.

Give players better protective gear, but leave the fundamentals of the game alone.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Yahoo.com has this article with Seahawks pictured. Unfortunately it doesn't show RW who will have more room to roam while looking for receivers.

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":324zvdnk said:
I'm an offensive guy.

Yes you are.

No way to this. Give the players another year or so to adjust to the new rules, then start the crazytalk like widening the field.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I actually think this would really benefit a team like the Seahawks. Our cornerbacks like to play man to man defense which is good because there would be a lot more room to cover in each zone so there's probably be more man coverage. We have a fast, run to the ball defense which will be important. And Russell Wilson's athletic ability and improvization skills would just be magnified that much more.

chris98251

Reaction score
They don't think about the fact that NFL players are in the NFL because they are faster bigger and better. You still have the same time to get rid of the ball and receivers can only run so far in 2.5 seconds before the ball comes out. Deep passes when a QB has a lot of time to find a receiver and a catch and throw don't typically take a bunch of hits in either league anyway. Its crossing patterns, and NFL defenses would have another three steps to build up speed as well as the receiver for bigger crossing route collisions.

Sturm

Reaction score
If they change anything more about this game, I may stop watching it altogether.