SF blocks DB coach from interviewing for Saints DC position

Carmon1274

Reaction score
For those of you that view this as a douche move, then the Franchise tag is considered to be worse concept than what Harbaugh did.
Would you guys think it would still be a douche move if a player like Browner, holds out for more money?

HawkFan72":x0ioqmn6 said:
I guess you could look at it like the coach just holding his position coaches to the same standard as the players. You signed a contract here, you stay here until it is up or until you are fired.

When a player is wanted by another team, they are not allowed to jump ship...even if it is for a promotion to more playing time. Now when a 49er player whines that he wants out of his contract, Harbaugh can say "nope, you signed a deal. Just like the coaches."

There are multiple ways to look at it. It's not just "Harbaugh is being mean".

This is true.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Outfield":12hcyr9b said:
Isn't there functionality for forums to auto-replace certain words with other words? I see the functionality often used for profanity censoring.

I'd love to auto-replace any instance of "Harbaugh" with "Douchebaugh", except in cases in which "John" precedes the Harbaugh.

I have been using Johnbaugh and Douchebaugh.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Throwdown":23x5lib4 said:
No homerism in it, I don't think he's that good.

I think there is definitely uncertainty, given the epic offensive line he had this year.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Carmon1274":3un3yt3r said:
For those of you that view this as a douche move, then the Franchise tag is considered to be worse concept than what Harbaugh did.
Would you guys think it would still be a douche move if a player like Browner, holds out for more money?

HawkFan72":3un3yt3r said:
I guess you could look at it like the coach just holding his position coaches to the same standard as the players. You signed a contract here, you stay here until it is up or until you are fired.

When a player is wanted by another team, they are not allowed to jump ship...even if it is for a promotion to more playing time. Now when a 49er player whines that he wants out of his contract, Harbaugh can say "nope, you signed a deal. Just like the coaches."

There are multiple ways to look at it. It's not just "Harbaugh is being mean".

This is true.

There is a big difference between the two. In recieving the franchise tag you are well compensated. Second if its not douchebaggery than why is Harbaugh the only coach I've ever heard of to do it. Im sure there have been others and they are douches too. Lastly how is a player wanting a raise to reflect his on field value equal to purposely blocking someone else's personal growth?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
TheGOAT#80":28ae4my2 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/ed-donatell-says-its-fair-to-block-him-from-interviewing/

“Nothing is better than this. I’d give up the years of advancement to be a part of this. There is so much that goes along with it. This is the highest high. This is why you coach,” Donatell said, via CSNBayArea.com.

Dude wants to stay anyway.

That quote was from the week before he was denied a chance to interview.

As always, thank you for paying tribute to Steve Largent with your username.

IronSaint

Reaction score
Throwdown":380hfs19 said:
Your QB aint even that good, brah.

My QB is better than both his QB's and his coach put together. :th2thumbs: :stirthepot:

:49ersmall:

Oh well, we got the mullet on our side now. :lol:

D might have horses for Rob Ryan 8127DC3M x large

Look at how it flows so majestically. He's like Samson... :0190l:

Goldrush

Reaction score
Lol at the sheer number of hawks fans (a team I respect) in here utterly consumed with the 49ers, Kaepernick and harbaugh. It's actually quite flattering.

Goldrush

Reaction score
TheGOAT#80":3870ejiz said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/ed-donatell-says-its-fair-to-block-him-from-interviewing/

“Nothing is better than this. I’d give up the years of advancement to be a part of this. There is so much that goes along with it. This is the highest high. This is why you coach,” Donatell said, via CSNBayArea.com.

Dude wants to stay anyway.

As we already knew, unless your a hater of course.

IronSaint

Reaction score
Goldrush":3c0d9djj said:
Lol at the sheer number of hawks fans (a team I respect) in here utterly consumed with the 49ers, Kaepernick and harbaugh. It's actually quite flattering.

Goldrush":3c0d9djj said:

How'd that "Quest for Six" work out for you buddy? :0190l:

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Goldrush":6xonk93k said:

I don't think you understand the words "sheer" or "consumed" considering there are about 3 threads in the NFL section of this forum talking about the niners, and one of those was started by a Redskins fan. Maybe you are the one consumed with another team considering you are on their board talking trash and pretending you are so above it all.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
Archer":21ikqc56 said:
Goldrush":21ikqc56 said:

I don't think you understand the words "sheer" or "consumed" considering there are about 3 threads in the NFL section of this forum talking about the niners, and one of those was started by a Redskins fan. Maybe you are the one consumed with another team considering you are on their board talking trash and pretending you are so above it all.

haha true i find it more flattering at "the sheer number" of 49ers on our board

Subzero717

Reaction score
Goldrush":20zqsrx9 said:

Who is on who's message board? The sheer number of dumb dumb niner fans consumed with this site is quite flattering.

canfan

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1352orxb said:
Goldrush":1352orxb said:

Who is on who's message board? The sheer number of dumb dumb niner fans consumed with this site is quite flattering.

But if all you 49er fans are done "flattering" this site feel free to piss off now!

Goldrush

Reaction score
IronSaint":xwat09p3 said:
Goldrush":xwat09p3 said:

Goldrush":xwat09p3 said:

How'd that "Quest for Six" work out for you buddy? :0190l:

Ill take a season like that any time thanks.

Goldrush

Reaction score
Archer":2c83pp1o said:
Goldrush":2c83pp1o said:

Hmm..looks around at the forum threads. "Yup you really got me" only a dozen niner related threads this week.

No worries all in good fun, I hope we remain such a lightning rod for you guys.

Goldrush

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":kdh4ps80 said:
Goldrush":kdh4ps80 said:

I read all the board of divisional opponents on occasion, I just pointed out no one talks about the Niners as much as hawks fans.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Goldrush":3ffzdmhj said:
CALIHAWK1":3ffzdmhj said:
Goldrush":3ffzdmhj said:

I read all the board of divisional opponents on occasion, I just pointed out no one talks about the Niners as much as hawks fans.

Seriously?? No kidding. And how many threads are there about the Hawks on the "webzone" or the .com forum? It would be safe to say that considering the status of each team that those topics are going to be natural.