How do the Seahawks handle potential Lynch DUI penalty?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I have full confidence in Turbin. They will probably draft a young guy as well, but Turbin should be fine for a few games.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3793y3wa said:
I wouldn't want to use a draft pick on a RB... I'd hope we could garb an FA to split carries with Turbin and Washington/FA.

And, frankly, as much as I would miss watching Lynch, I wouldn't mind easing his workload by four games, if it came to that. Turbin could use the carries and Lynch could use the health come playoffs.

Spot on BFS. Lynch is a warrior but his back problems will likely come on fairly quickly. I truly believe we're poised for a SB run and I'd like him fresh for the playoff run. Frankly, I don't think he has two full seasons left in him so let's make hay while we can. I love the guy but these carries are taking their toll on him with his style of running.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
drdiags":3885efn6 said:
CALIHAWK1":3885efn6 said:
I was sure that the commissioners office had already stated that he will not be suspended. I will look for it but IIRC he went and met with Goodell and there was not going to be any suspension based on that conversation.

I read the "no suspension" as "at this time". Just poised the question early but it doesn't seem to have much juice at this time. I am sure it will pick up later this summer. I don't think Lynch is Scott free but exactly what is TBD.
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/scot free.html The term doesn't have to do with Dred Scott at all. It refers to tax.

Anyway just don't let Lynch fly the team jet or drive the bus and I'm satisfied. He can do community service pounding 49ers into the turf.

Jville

Reaction score
He can do community service pounding 49ers into the turf.

Well .... this member of the community would certainly appreciated that service. :th2thumbs:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
With Russell Wilson's development into a major weapon i am not overly concerned.

We will miss Lynch but we arnt the same team that started last year. Wilson will not allow the team to falter

volsunghawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":3it9j7p2 said:
bestfightstory":3it9j7p2 said:
I wouldn't want to use a draft pick on a RB... I'd hope we could garb an FA to split carries with Turbin and Washington/FA.

And, frankly, as much as I would miss watching Lynch, I wouldn't mind easing his workload by four games, if it came to that. Turbin could use the carries and Lynch could use the health come playoffs.

Spot on BFS. Lynch is a warrior but his back problems will likely come on fairly quickly. I truly believe we're poised for a SB run and I'd like him fresh for the playoff run. Frankly, I don't think he has two full seasons left in him so let's make hay while we can. I love the guy but these carries are taking their toll on him with his style of running.

People keep predicting Lynch to decline because of his back problems. In fact, I think I recall people saying that they would impact his game this past season.

And all he did was put up his best season ever and get Pro Bowl and All-Pro nods.

Now, I'm not saying that he's going to be an Emmitt Smith and play until his late 30s, but I think the predictions of Marshawn's demise are premature. Guy's been playing with his back issues his whole career, and he seems to be able to keep it going pretty damn well.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
bestfightstory":305vtrlh said:
Somebody in this thread is INCORRECT, that's for damn sure!

Yeah, let's go 'garb' somebody who knows. :mrgreen:

lukerguy

Reaction score
If we trade for Harvin this becomes much less of an issue..Let Harvin and Turbin split 50/50.

Latest posts